New Maps for November 6th Service Changes

Lance

Hello all. While it has been at times quite difficult to get a long stretch of free time to work on my pet projects, I have had an opportunity to update a few of them. As many of you guys know, I have been recreating the subway line maps that used to be on the back of the regular subway map until the mid '90s. Well, now I've made some updates to my original design from 2014. Taking a bit of inspiration from the post-Chrystie St line maps, I have updated the line maps to reflect current service as of Nov. 6th.

11.06 Line Map

I have also updated my version of the Vignelli maps for the restoration of (W) train service and the other related service changes that will take effect on Monday.

11.06 Vignelli Hybrid

As you will note, both maps also include the extension of the (Q) line to 96 Street for when the line eventually opens, which is hopefully still next month.

Enjoy.

Very nice, but no love for the Cortlandt IRT station? Why not just gray it out if you were willing to show the dotted SAS line? Otherwise, a masterpiece. I'm assuming that the reopening of the new South Ferry station next year won't affect any maps anyway, whether yours or the MTA's.

On the line map you have Queens | Manhattan for the (G).

Very nice, but no love for the Cortlandt IRT station? Why not just gray it out if you were willing to show the dotted SAS line? Otherwise, a masterpiece. I'm assuming that the reopening of the new South Ferry station next year won't affect any maps anyway, whether yours or the MTA's.

Both the strip and full maps show Cortland... It's very light on the full map but it's there.

• 1 month later...

Archived