MTA board member wants (A) to serve Rockaways only...

R32 3838

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually support the  (C) serving the leffert blvd branch....Of course no one wants to lose there 1 seat express service...But its not like the (A) is express once it leaves lefferts.it travels at least 7-8 stations lcl before express..I ride the (3) everyday and dont get express service options until i reach utica which is 6 stations down.....There's alot of areas in the subway where you have to lcl before you can express....some ppl complain about losing it i think because they where being spoiled by the (A) so many years.then theres those who woulnt care as long as there some kind of service options.Cait made a good point about the transfers at Rockaway blvd...But me personally if you know your subway ill stay on the (C) until either euclid or bway jct...9 times out of 10 a  (A) will be pulling right in for your express service to manhattan...Just my opinion...

I actually support the  (C) serving the leffert blvd branch....Of course no one wants to lose there 1 seat express service...But its not like the (A) is express once it leaves lefferts.it travels at least 7-8 stations lcl before express..I ride the (3) everyday and dont get express service options until i reach utica which is 6 stations down.....There's alot of areas in the subway where you have to lcl before you can express....some ppl complain about losing it i think because they where being spoiled by the (A) so many years.then theres those who woulnt care as long as there some kind of service options.Cait made a good point about the transfers at Rockaway blvd...But me personally if you know your subway ill stay on the (C) until either euclid or bway jct...9 times out of 10 a  (A) will be pulling right in for your express service to manhattan...Just my opinion...

Exactly, and people can also switch to the (A) before Euclid at Rockaway Boulevard and other spots between there and Grant Avenue before Euclid.

i knew i was right 

How could there not be merging? The (A) and (C) are on different tracks south of Euclid Avenue. Then all of a sudden, they share the same track at Grant Avenue (which has only 2 tracks). They must merge somewhere.

Given that the MTA doesn't add more service on the QM18, isn't that a good thing? It makes it more efficient to operate.

So under this proposal, the (C) would also become 24/7 (replacing the designation of the Lefferts Shuttle), right?

I think it gives the Lefferts shuttle legitimacy.

Which train does the Pitkin Yard serve, the (A) or (C)?

Queens bound trains would have to merge right before entering Grant Av.

It's possible to ease the bottleneck by relaying every other (C) back to Manhattan at Euclid. As the evening gets later some (C) 's would be sent to Linden.

It's possible to ease the bottleneck by relaying every other (C) back to Manhattan at Euclid. As the evening gets later some (C) 's would be sent to Linden.

That would defeat the purpose of sending the (C) to Lefferts in the first place as they would still have 20 minute intervals throughout the day.

Then you're giving Lefferts riders local service and reduced headways on top of that. If the selling point is that they don't have branch-level frequencies in exchange for having to transfer to the express, then you have to send all (or the vast majority) of (C) trains out there, and not turn half of them at Euclid.

That would defeat the purpose of sending the (C) to Lefferts in the first place as they would still have 20 minute intervals throughout the day.

Then you're giving Lefferts riders local service and reduced headways on top of that. If the selling point is that they don't have branch-level frequencies in exchange for having to transfer to the express, then you have to send all (or the vast majority) of (C) trains out there, and not turn half of them at Euclid.

During the day (between the rushes) the headways btn the Rockaway (A) 's are roughly 10 mins. With 10 min headways on the (C) to/from Lefferts there wouldn't be much of a jam up if any. During the rushes peak (A) s to/from Lefferts with 7-10 min heads combined with every other (C) should be enough service to cover Lefferts, but no matter how the sked is set there's gonna be some jamming.

Is that why the R10s and R30s on the (A)/© used to have the split-color (grey/brown) stickers under the number plates?

For reference:

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?70052

http://www.nycsubway.org/perl/show?24352

I believe they indicated the cars were assigned to the Concourse yard maintenance was just done there correct ?I used to ride these cars especially R30s towards the end. I don't remember seeing them on The R27's on the (J) and (M) though I do remember seeing  Yard stickers on R32's per GOH's 1989-1990. (E)(N) and (B) lines I guess it was in line with what was being used on A division. I think they ran out of colors maybe?

Archived