Have you seen this woman around Brighton Beach, Sheepshead Bay, Coney Island asking everyone for $1?

vivamaria

There is a woman in the Brighton beach, Sheepshead Bay and Coney Island neighborhoods who keeps asking everyone for a dollar. I've seen her around where I live a few times and she asked me for a dollar. I've gave it to her but when I saw her again and she asked me if I have a dollar I said no because déjà vu. 2 days ago I saw her at Brighton Beach and Coney Island Avenue while waiting for b68. She asked if I have a dollar and I said no. She then asked everyone over and over again, even after they gave her a dollar. Then the b68 bus came. BO looked angry as I got on. He said looking angry to get on the next bus and he's closing the doors. I start to get off. BO says he was talking to her not me. BO insists she get off the bus and told her that he let her on last time but he won't let her on this time. She didn't pay her fare so I put in a few coins (I have an unlimited MetroCard). Lady then tells BO I like her and he doesn't. The entire time on the bus she asked everyone for a dollar. Even after somebody gave her a dollar she continued to ask for a dollar. She scolded the BO how the other lady is a "nice transit worker" compared to him, and how I like her compared to him. One woman gave her 35 cents to shut her up. She then kept asking everyone if they have 65 cents. She was annoying. Her "auntie" (an older woman) came on the bus ("auntie" paid fare). She hugged auntie and told her she will behave herself. Her auntie then left the bus.

There is a woman in the Brighton beach, Sheepshead Bay and Coney Island neighborhoods who keeps asking everyone for a dollar. I've seen her around where I live a few times and she asked me for a dollar. I've gave it to her but when I saw her again and she asked me if I have a dollar I said no because déjà vu. 2 days ago I saw her at Brighton Beach and Coney Island Avenue while waiting for b68. She asked if I have a dollar and I said no. She then asked everyone over and over again, even after they gave her a dollar. Then the b68 bus came. BO looked angry as I got on. He said looking angry to get on the next bus and he's closing the doors. I start to get off. BO says he was talking to her not me. BO insists she get off the bus and told her that he let her on last time but he won't let her on this time. She didn't pay her fare so I put in a few coins (I have an unlimited MetroCard). Lady then tells BO I like her and he doesn't. The entire time on the bus she asked everyone for a dollar. Even after somebody gave her a dollar she continued to ask for a dollar. She scolded the BO how the other lady is a "nice transit worker" compared to him, and how I like her compared to him. One woman gave her 35 cents to shut her up. She then kept asking everyone if they have 65 cents. She was annoying. Her "auntie" (an older woman) came on the bus ("auntie" paid fare). She hugged auntie and told her she will behave herself. Her auntie then left the bus.

I saw her last month. I ignored the shit out of her even as she was following me down the center of the bus all up in my face. The other passengers saw her get off the bus and go into a store. We thought she was going to rob the place to get the soda she wanted.

They have someone like that in Flushing too waits in between the bus stop and the subway portail just repeating "One dollar" but sounds more like "wan da la" (Before I get called out: No I'm not making fun of her accent, I think she may not have teeth to properly enunciate.)

She reminds me a lot of this woman I encountered by Flatbush Junction. Tried to be of some help and gave her a dollar but then she unexpectedly went into my personal space and started kissing me and hugging me. She said something along the lines of 'mama is so happy' and then ran into the 7/11 hastily making a hotdog and paying with all the money she previously gathered. *shivers* The second and (hopefully) last time I saw this woman was last month where I was on my way to classes at Brooklyn College and she tried to get on the 103 by asking the driver for a free ride...for one stop since this particular trip was a Canarsie to BC-Flatbush Av short turn.

I'd be damned if this is the same woman that you speak of going around the Brighton/Sheepshead/Coney area because your description very much fits.

They have someone like that in Flushing too waits in between the bus stop and the subway portail just repeating "One dollar" but sounds more like "wan da la" (Before I get called out: No I'm not making fun of her accent, I think she may not have teeth to properly enunciate.)

I know exactly who you're talking about. Always see her out on the intersection of Main/Roosevelt.

She is black, a little bit fat, messy hair and 5'2.

Yeah I know who you're talking about, she's got mental issues as well as drug issues. In my old building in Coney Island, I used to see her buy from someone.

Not well.

She reminds me a lot of this woman I encountered by Flatbush Junction. Tried to be of some help and gave her a dollar but then she unexpectedly went into my personal space and started kissing me and hugging me. She said something along the lines of 'mama is so happy' and then ran into the 7/11 hastily making a hotdog and paying with all the money she previously gathered. *shivers* The second and (hopefully) last time I saw this woman was last month where I was on my way to classes at Brooklyn College and she tried to get on the 103 by asking the driver for a free ride...for one stop since this particular trip was a Canarsie to BC-Flatbush Av short turn.

I'd be damned if this is the same woman that you speak of going around the Brighton/Sheepshead/Coney area because your description very much fits.

That's another lady, my mom has ran into her.

I usually hear (and sometimes see) the "One DAH-lah" lady on Roosevelt Avenue between the station escalators and Union Street. Once she showed up on my Q64 bus.

I've seen this same woman a lot, especially when I'm waiting for a Q50. She'd walk around the line screaming "ONE DOLLAR" around everyone. Very annoying.

Have you seen her?

Have I?

Post #3:

I saw her last month. I ignored the shit out of her even as she was following me down the center of the bus all up in my face. The other passengers saw her get off the bus and go into a store. We thought she was going to rob the place to get the soda she wanted.

I know exactly who you're talking about. Always see her out on the intersection of Main/Roosevelt.

I've seen this same woman a lot, especially when I'm waiting for a Q50. She'd walk around the line screaming "ONE DOLLAR" around everyone. Very annoying.

* wonders if this is the same Asian lady that begs for food inside the popeyes off Main/Roosevelt, as passers-by attempt to leave the premises with popeyes bag-in-hand *

If not, then I haven't seen this person (yet).... Hell, I had to head out to Flushing yesterday; didn't notice any beggars (wasn't particularly trying to either... lol).... Sometime between today & wednesday, I have to head back there again... Let's see if I end up seeing this character.... I could use a good laugh!

* wonders if this is the same Asian lady that begs for food inside the popeyes off Main/Roosevelt, as passers-by attempt to leave the premises with popeyes bag-in-hand *

If not, then I haven't seen this person (yet).... Hell, I had to head out to Flushing yesterday; didn't notice any beggars (wasn't particularly trying to either... lol).... Sometime between today & wednesday, I have to head back there again... Let's see if I end up seeing this character.... I could use a good laugh!

This one is white, I haven't seen the Asian one doing that. 

It happens in Flushing too by MTA/NICE routes a Roosevelt Av/Main St, some sort of homeless elderly lady yelling "$1, $1, $1..."

I prefer to give money to homeless with dogs, cats or children.

It happens in Flushing too by MTA/NICE routes a Roosevelt Av/Main St, some sort of homeless elderly lady yelling "$1, $1, $1..."

I prefer to give money to homeless with dogs, cats or children.

And those are typically the ones who are more often scammers trying to get money. 

There was a woman around Lexington Avenue-59 Street (don't know is she still is around there) walking around with a sign, and with a newborn (and another child IIRC). Don't doubt that she puts an act just to get money (and uses her children as a "selling point" to give her money), and it is appalling to say the least. She's probably not around anymore because her kids have grown, and now are like in school... 

We euthanize cats and dogs to put them out of their misery. We kill rodents and roaches to put them out of our misery. But homeless people who have abandoned hopes of living a normal life and are being a nuisance…?

JFC, homeless people are still people, you know. They are guaranteed equal rights under our Constitution and full protection under the law. If we open the door to denying people rights because they're nuisances, then that just opens a slippery slope which doesn't end well for anybody involved.

Also, is the point of this thread to anonymously shame a random person? Because if it is, I don't see how any of this is productive.

Archived