2016 Holiday Nostalgia Train...

+Young+

MTA NYC Transit & The NY Transit Museum are putting extra magic on the rails

with the MTA’s annual holiday tradition of rides to the past via its vintage fleet.

These subway cars will help customers experience the most magical time of

year the way that New York straphangers did long ago.

A special 8-car subway train that is typically displayed in the Museum is put into

service for special Sunday rides. This “Shoppers Special” takes customers
between Lower Manhattan to Queens on four consecutive Sundays from Thanksgiving Weekend to the week before Christmas, all for $2.75.

Read more: Source

• 2 weeks later...

Not in recent memory. But if there were to be a snow cancellation, the storm would have to be substantially larger than what is being predicted.

I agree 100%...I just checked weather.com for my zip code, and, between looking at the forecast and this page, the Nostalgia Train will be running tomorrow.

Taken on 11/27/2016. For the holiday season, the MTA is rolling out the annual vintage R1/9 "Holiday Shoppers Special" along the IND Sixth Avenue Line between Queens Plaza and 2 Ave, every Sunday. And what better way than to have this video on the birth of the (V) subway line. 

NOTE: On December 17th, 2001, the now-defunct (V) Subway Line was created. The Holiday Shoppers Special is more fitting to the (V) line than the (M) line. Please don't as is coming back because there are no signs of revival for that line.

Enjoy and please subscribe to my channel

I'm heading down to the City tomorrow for the Botanical Garden's train show and some shopping, so I plan to find a way to ride the nostalgia train. So I can plan accordingly for the RFW, which side does it typically depart from at Second Avenue?

I'm heading down to the City tomorrow for the Botanical Garden's train show and some shopping, so I plan to find a way to ride the nostalgia train. So I can plan accordingly for the RFW, which side does it typically depart from at Second Avenue?

The Queens-bound platform.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Archived