Brief Recording of Announcements on the Q44 and Pictures of the Signs

R188 7857

Managed to ride 5903 twice yesterday, so I made a recording of the announcements. Hopefully it gives you an idea of what they sound like, because they turned off midway through. Happened again today on 5906. In terms of the signs, they have a GPS that show you the position of the bus as well as a strip map that shows you the stops. Usually, it alternates between the map and bus transfers, however, it only showed the Q20A/B and the times that they were supposed to come at the next stop. Advertisements were played in a loop. 

Managed to ride 5903 twice yesterday, so I made a recording of the announcements. Hopefully it gives you an idea of what they sound like, because they turned off midway through. Happened again today on 5906. In terms of the signs, they have a GPS that show you the position of the bus as well as a strip map that shows you the stops. Usually, it alternates between the map and bus transfers, however, it only showed the Q20A/B and the times that they were supposed to come at the next stop. Advertisements were played in a loop. 

similar signs are appearing on subway cars, five at a time. It appears to me that the MTa is taking a deployment, then mass activation approach by placing and preparing hardware, THEN making it useful all at once.

If you're an impatient person, you could find this way irksome.

Archived