NICE Artic

LI Operator

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it should make a left at 169th street and head down until 89th avenue, then make a right and heas to merrick blvd and layover right at the corner of merrick blvd and 89th

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Those turns are tight.

One more suitable idea for the N6/X would be to swap the Q17 and N6 terminals. Put the Q17 in the terminal and have the N6 terminate outside. 

The older part of campus retained the extremely narrow roads from the old AFB, and the curbs for those roads are unbelievably high.  I doubt it.

I don't think it will fit the NCC but maybe NYIT Loop on n20H might fit since Bee-Line Neopolan Artcis always hit curb at Main Entrance of Westchester Medical Center Loop.

I think it will work for n4/4X, n6/6X (except NCC), n22, n23, n24, n25, n31/32, n33, n40/41,  n54/55, n70/71/72, n78/79 buses maybe.

Edited by FamousNYLover

I don't think it will fit the NCC but maybe NYIT Loop on n20H might fit since Bee-Line Neopolan Artcis always hit curb at Main Entrance of Westchester Medical Center Loop.

I think it will work for n4/4X, n6/6X (except NCC), n22, n23, n24, n25, n31/32, n33, n40/41,  n54/55, n70/71/72, n78/79 buses maybe.

It's impossible to add artics on NY-24 east of Hempstead without getting rid of the n70 or n71.

I thought it could because I seen trailer truck on Hempstead Turnpike and Conklin St. Do you mean narrow streets in Hempstead?

I meant that in order to add artics to the n70/71/72, the Sunrise Mall Branch or the Newsday Branch would have to be eliminated to make room for the articulated buses.

Quick cell shots. 1965-1967 is at Mitchel Field 

20161222_134553_zpsgmi8pauj.jpg

20161222_134628_zpskud09dnc.jpg

Why a different paint scheme for the articulateds?

I meant that in order to add artics to the n70/71/72, the Sunrise Mall Branch or the Newsday Branch would have to be eliminated to make room for the articulated buses.

Why kill a branch? Why not just thin the headways — or leave the headways alone and use the artics to allow for ridership growth?

Why a different paint scheme for the articulateds?

Why kill a branch? Why not just thin the headways — or leave the headways alone and use the artics to allow for ridership growth?

I mean, NICE's cuts in April (which will be drastic if funding isn't acquired) calls for the cut of the Babylon branch, so it would just be the Newsday and Sunrise Mall branch. The Sunrise Mall branch would likely get some more service in order to evenly distribute buses, and the Newsday branch would get weekend service (IDK if artics will be able to turn around at Route 110). Might as well serve Farmingdale State if they cut the Babylon Branch and add artics.

That's just of hypothetical scenario, since the artics that NICE is receiving will go to the n4/n6 most likely.