NICE Artic

LI Operator

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might If they reduce headways to 20 mins

There's no way that the n6 will have 20 minute frequencies (or even less) outside of late nights. 12-minute frequencies are likely, as they fall below the threshold of the 25% reduction in service required for presentation in front of the Committee (12-minute frequencies are roughly a 20% reduction).

There's no way that the n6 will have 20 minute frequencies (or even less) outside of late nights. 12-minute frequencies are likely, as they fall below the threshold of the 25% reduction in service required for presentation in front of the Committee (12-minute frequencies are roughly a 20% reduction).

We were talking about N6x. Wouldn't it be interesting if the artics are just used for standby if a bus breaks down? lol

It's a 25% reduction overall. Some times of day may be more, and there could still be less than a 25% reduction when it's all averaged out.

I wonder how they'll be written into the schedule, or will they just be put out there as a regular bus.

According to NICE on their Facebook page, the articulated buses will pick up/drop off outside of the Terminals at DOT approved stops.  On an related note, they also said that the villages in Nassau are opposed to bus lanes and signal prioritization for BRT.

According to NICE on their Facebook page, the articulated buses will pick up/drop off outside of the Terminals at DOT approved stops.  On an related note, they also said that the villages in Nassau are opposed to bus lanes and signal prioritization for BRT.

Considering that there's a stop just outside of 165, it'll finally be put to use.

Doesn't the Hempstead Bus Terminal have a stop for articulated buses? Or do they not want people walking in front of buses to get to that stop?

Which villages are opposed to bus lanes? Off the top of my head I'd say maybe Hempstead Turnpike (n6) and Northern Blvd(n20G/H) may need one?

Doesn't the Hempstead Bus Terminal have a stop for articulated buses? Or do they not want people walking in front of buses to get to that stop?

Which villages are opposed to bus lanes? Off the top of my head I'd say maybe Hempstead Turnpike (n6) and Northern Blvd(n20G/H) may need one?

The buses can't enter the terminal, so they will be making stops on Jackson St in Hempstead, and Merrick Blvd in Jamaica. They didn't say which villages are opposed to the bus lanes.

Edited by NY1635

The buses can't enter the terminal, so they will be making stops on Jackson St in Hempstead, and Merrick Blvd in Jamaica. They didn't say which villages are opposed to the bus lanes.

Why can't they enter the terminal?

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7112218,-73.6240792,139m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

The bus lay over area and that one thru- bay loading is perfect? 

I seen some comments on fb from nice wishing that Nassau would fund so they can move forward with there bus operations and not be stuck trying to cut and save every year.Correct me if Iam wrong but is nice not going into Suffolk starting next month.i would like to see but it will never happen Nassau and Suffolk merge there bus ops so people could more options.if Nassau really wants save money just sell the bus system and the county owned land to the mta have them run it.

Ehhhh........does MTA want to come back tho? Nassau already tossed them out and they keep wanting other ppl to fund their own bus system so unless Nassau's ideals change, we prob won't see MTA coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

I don't think u read The Who post.i said that Nassau should SELL the BUS SYSTEM to the MTA.with Nassau not having nothing to do it not funding no say in it.do me a favor read this post carefully and the one I already posted.

I don't think u read The Who post.i said that Nassau should SELL the BUS SYSTEM to the MTA.with Nassau not having nothing to do it not funding no say in it.do me a favor read this post carefully and the one I already posted.

Yeah I doubt the MTA want to run Nassau anymore. 

Yeah I doubt the MTA want to run Nassau anymore.

Ok since u can't read I'll just type where u can UNDERSTAND.when the contract for nice expires or transdev pulls out of Nassau the only thing Nassau should do is get rid of there bus system hand it over to the mta along with the county owned buildings routes etc.Got it

Ok since u can't read I'll just type where u can UNDERSTAND.when the contract for nice expires or transdev pulls out of Nassau the only thing Nassau should do is get rid of there bus system hand it over to the mta along with the county owned buildings routes etc.Got it

Which goes back to what he said....they might not even want to be a part of Nassau County's crippled bus system.

So if just cause Nassau hands over the bus network back to the MTA, the MTA is gonna gladly take it back. That's not how things work buddy.  :lol:

Just because you want something to happen again doesn't mean it will. If the MTA got rid of Long Island, why would they immediately want to take it back, even if Nassau pulls Trillions of dollars out their ass?

Long Island/Nassau wasn't really MTA's job anyways. It's better to just run the buses and subways of the city as well as the railroads of south NY.

who knows maybe it will

I doubt it, not only did Nassau not want to pay the MTA for it, they also went to someone who'd do it cheaper. 

But NICE f**ked up the system beyond a point where the MTA would even consider taking it back. 

Edited by IAlam