Gun Hill <-----> Kingsbridge

I Run Trains

So i was riding with my friend last night on his Hawk Run. He does the 12 out of Gun Hill. and i asked him where he's going for the New pick, and he said He'll Be on the Bx41.. Thinking he's moving to Kingsbridge he says, No! The 41 is coming to Gun Hill, and They are sending the 39 to Kingsbridge.......

The 39 to Kingsbridge?!?!?! Thats Dumb! 

So i was riding with my friend last night on his Hawk Run. He does the 12 out of Gun Hill. and i asked him where he's going for the New pick, and he said He'll Be on the Bx41.. Thinking he's moving to Kingsbridge he says, No! The 41 is coming to Gun Hill, and They are sending the 39 to Kingsbridge.......

The 39 to Kingsbridge?!?!?! Thats Dumb! 

Heard this for a few weeks - MTA (and/or GH themselves) wants Gun Hill to have both SBS' of the Bronx. I really thought KB should have both SBS' though.

It is. I would send the BxM11 to Gun Hill or Eastchester though

Eastchester aside (since all the express buses in the Bronx may go to Eastchester in the future) - explain why should one coach route be assigned to a depot which has never housed one since as far as I can remember?

Gun Hill would run the MCI's to the ground. VG8 would be rolling over in his grave and he's not even dead.

I concur.  They do a TERRIBLE job with their buses.  I see the Bx22 and Bx4 when I'm waiting for the BxM6 and it's scary how old those artics look already.  The only depot that may be worse IMO is Tuskegee.

It is. I would send the BxM11 to Gun Hill or Eastchester though

That doesn't make sense anyway since a lot of BxM11 buses deadhead and turn into BxM4 buses starting at the Woodlawn/Yonkers border.  The deadhead isn't that bad even for the ones that go back to Yonkers Depot.  As for all express buses going to Eastchester than remains to be seen.  That will depend heavily on what the (MTA) and the city of Yonkers agrees to. They haven't yet figured out what to do.  The city of Yonkers wants the land so that they can redevelop it for apartments near the Hudson and the (MTA) wants a new depot build nearby should they give up that land.  I am concerned about reliability with having buses coming from Eastchester, so I've been following this closely.

This may get nasty though:

http://westfaironline.com/71288/yonkers-to-new-york-city-well-take-mta-property/

Heard this for a few weeks - MTA (and/or GH themselves) wants Gun Hill to have both SBS' of the Bronx. I really thought KB should have both SBS' though.

Eastchester aside (since all the express buses in the Bronx may go to Eastchester in the future) - explain why should one coach route be assigned to a depot which has never housed one since as far as I can remember?

Well let's see. Westchester doesn't want MTA vehicles DH'ing on their streets. There's this "proposed" closing of Yonkers. But anyway, it would have been interesting to see how GH would handle MCI's. 

That doesn't make sense anyway since a lot of BxM11 buses deadhead and turn into BxM4 buses starting at the Woodlawn/Yonkers border.  The deadhead isn't that bad even for the ones that go back to Yonkers Depot.  As for all express buses going to Eastchester than remains to be seen.  That will depend heavily on what the (MTA) and the city of Yonkers agrees to. They haven't yet figured out what to do.  The city of Yonkers wants the land so that they can redevelop it for apartments near the Hudson and the (MTA) wants a new depot build nearby should they give up that land.  I am concerned about reliability with having buses coming from Eastchester, so I've been following this closely.

http://westfaironline.com/71288/yonkers-to-new-york-city-well-take-mta-property/

New York City getting back at Yonkers for voting aginst becoming the sixth borough.  B-)   :P

New York City getting back at Yonkers for voting aginst becoming the sixth borough.  B-)   :P

I suppose so... In any event, I think part of the issue is that the (MTA) wants a depot built elsewhere within Yonkers, with the city of Yonkers paying for it.  If it gets to eminent domain, I could see NYC arguing that the depot provides service to residents of Westchester as well and would question how Yonkers would go about maintaining that.  I mean let's face it, you already have the BxM3 that goes directly into Yonkers, and the BxM1, BxM2, BxM4 and BxM11 are all used by Yonkers residents that come over the border for said service.  

Why would they send the 39 to KB? That's a bit of a journey for deadhead. Is it because KB and GH have a similar type of fleet? If anything give the 39 to WF when they get their XN60s. If they get their XN60s....

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

No it's not. Most deadheads would occur from 241st Street, which in terms of time, is like 15-20 minutes of a deadhead. Not that big of a deal. The Clason Point deadhead would be longer(if its chosen to be a deadhead point).

Basically, the DH to GH or KB from Wakefield wouldn't be much of a problem, it's the same time either way. Operators also tend to DH in different ways.

There's much longer deadheads than that, especially on Staten Island.

No it's not. Most deadheads would occur from 241st Street, which in terms of time, is like 15-20 minutes of a deadhead. Not that big of a deal. The Clason Point deadhead would be longer(if its chosen to be a deadhead point).

Basically, the DH to GH or KB from Wakefield wouldn't be much of a problem, it's the same time either way. Operators also tend to DH in different ways.

There's much longer deadheads than that, especially on Staten Island.

I'm not sure I agree with that assessment.  How exactly would they be getting from Wakefield all the way back over to Inwood?  

I'm not sure I agree with that assessment.  How exactly would they be getting from Wakefield all the way back over to Inwood?  

There's various different ways, one of the fastest is going from Wakefield Avenue to Webster Avenue, Down to Fordham Road, over to Kingsbridge Road/225th Street and you're in Marble Hill, go from 225th to Broadway and you're basically there.

When the Bx41 used to terminate at 241st Street, some operators would take that deadhead. Remember, it's not that much different. The Bx39 and Bx41 had their terminals swapped, as the Bx41 used to terminate at 241st, with Bx39s terminating at Gun Hill Road.

To this day, the Bx41 practically uses that same deadhead to Gun Hill Road as described to a degree.

There's various different ways, one of the fastest is going from Wakefield Avenue to Webster Avenue, Down to Fordham Road, over to Kingsbridge Road/225th Street and you're in Marble Hill, go from 225th to Broadway and you're basically there.

When the Bx41 used to terminate at 241st Street, some operators would take that deadhead. Remember, it's not that much different. The Bx39 and Bx41 had their terminals swapped, as the Bx41 used to terminate at 241st, with Bx39s terminating at Gun Hill Road.

To this day, the Bx41 practically uses that same deadhead to Gun Hill Road as described to a degree.

from Wakefield: 241st St-Wakefield Ave-Bronx River Rd/Webster Ave-233rd-Deegan-230th-Broadway, and youre at the depot

from Wakefield: 241st St-Wakefield Ave-Bronx River Rd/Webster Ave-233rd-Deegan-230th-Broadway, and youre at the depot

There's that way as well, but I've often seen the select buses from the Bx41 on 225th, heading to the Depot.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

There's that way as well, but I've often seen the select buses from the Bx41 on 225th, heading to the Depot.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

or would it be faster to take the Deegan to the Univ Hts bridge, then 10th Ave?

if anything, the Bx34 should be sent from GH to KB. It's much closer to KB

That makes sense.  Webster is pretty free flowing in terms of traffic as well as 225th.  

No Deegan! No bus on freeway or parkway unless specifically authorized!

The old Bx41 deadheads were more like this (the legal way):

241st St-Wakefield Ave-Bronx River Rd/Webster Ave-233rd-Deegan-Jerome-Gun Hill-Dickinson-Sedgwick-Fort Indep-Heath-Albany Cr-Bailey-230th-Broadway, and youre at the depot

Or some variations including stuff like VC Ave West-Bailey-230-Broadway after Sedgwick, or 225-Broadway after Bailey.

No Deegan though. Not legally.

No Deegan! No bus on freeway or parkway unless specifically authorized!

The old Bx41 deadheads were more like this (the legal way):

241st St-Wakefield Ave-Bronx River Rd/Webster Ave-233rd-Deegan-Jerome-Gun Hill-Dickinson-Sedgwick-Fort Indep-Heath-Albany Cr-Bailey-230th-Broadway, and youre at the depot

Or some variations including stuff like VC Ave West-Bailey-230-Broadway after Sedgwick, or 225-Broadway after Bailey.

No Deegan though. Not legally.

I've seen local buses on deadhead using the MDE.

If you have Bronx express buses using the MDE why can't u deadhead via the MDE. Same goes for I-95 Bronx section.

Well Firstly This talk about Yonkers closing down is getting old, 12 years old on January 3rd. This remaining to be seen is not being seen. The City of Yonkers lost their eminent domain case against NYC & MTA Bus. LOST the case about 8 months ago, the argument by Yonkers was flatly denied in the Judges' decision. Also the judge ruled that this was solely for private gain, not public. This was based of the business plan clearly aimed at non-Yonkers residents being the target market for the new project, also the fact that the depot would pay more in taxes that the new property owners for at least a 10 year period the loss of depot employees would be consisting of a majority of Westchester & Yonkers residents. Further the judge recognized that there is no financial backing for such a property due to being (after Hurricane Sandy) designated by FEMA as a flood stage A. No bank or insurance company will insure a flood plain of that type (Yonkers Depot flooded up to 75 ft from the MNRR Hudson Line). The City of Yonkers would have to pay for the depot, land & temporary depot while the new is built, which they have said NO f**kING WAY (Yonkers is still a corrupt city, "the city of hill where nothing is on the level")! because the MTA has quoted Yonkers to cost about $75-100 Million & $150 with the temp. depot! Most runs on the BxM11 do NOT Start a BxM4's, just 3 Weekdays & 2 on Saturday, runs run on to the 4 from the depot or DHD to 28th (in the PM). It has gotten nasty already, Yonkers is getting cops to pull over MTA Buses & parking tickets for buses parked in bus stops(there are no bus layovers in Yonkers that are signed as such, so MTA buses are getting tickets in the bus layover area in Getty Square and even in one case servicing the first stop with passengers boarding. Don't have an incident in Yonkers, the Yonkers cops take the other persons side every time. You should've been concerned when the MTA took over in the first place, Eastchester is the least of your worries. The MTA ruined service the day they took over. No this isn't anything to do with the amalgamation of Yonkers & NYC over a century ago, NYC doesn't hold that type of grudge. The MTA on the other hand does. On the another subject go ahead write the Gov., I'm sure he will give a shit about RTS buses. Soon as he see that they are more reliable MDBF than the POS Orion hybrids, he will understand that a 20 Y/O bus is the best example of a perfect bus $$$ wise, especially when a hybrid package cost $98,000 when it shits the bed. When I was division shifter, I cost MTA Bus about $800,000 in blown hybrid drive components in 6 months. Because when you have to drive a hybrid from Queens to Ronkonkama for engine work, on the LIE they blow traction generators and or traction motors. So VG8 keep wishing the RTS gone, you'll get a nice hybrid that will shit the bed on the Johnson Ave or Riverdale Avenue hills & with twice the cost of maintenance now that they are all of warranty & very costly to repair so they sit for weeks at a time waiting for the parts at such high cost, that they blow depot budgets apart, ooh & the NG's loves to break engine cradles from new. Now with that said, I am announcing my early retirement due to disability as a result of a very serious terminal illness. I just wanted to get somethings straight before my value to this board is non-existent as no longer being an active MTA employee. My hiatus from this board was due to both illness & working lots of OT. Most OT was on LIRR & MNRR shuttles on weekends, leaving little time for posting. However I did monitor this board & will continue to do so. Fantasy is one thing, but I was in the reality of how the MTA runs things. Seeing how they run things & many of the complaints directed at employees who get to suffer as much & more so than those here of the "customers", played a part in my hiatus, because amount of the posts here are just too monuments to react to. Also, the MTA does discipline & monitor such forums as this for inside information, provided by employees. The MTA believes that once you sign to take the job, you sign your rights away & they own every aspect of your life. In my case I have to be dying to be free & have my rights back. The way the MTA operates MTA Bus is wholly criminal in nature & tantamount to a RICO defined organization, that is why I have yet to see a pension check since I put my papers in August & they have stopped my medical coverage in October. The MTA felt they can administratively terminate an employee while they process that employees disability pension. Not challenge the decision of the Social Security Administration, but simply just not fulfill their responsibility to do what they are required to do. There was no problem with paperwork or timeliness of submission, no questions of merit, fraud or eligibility about the severity of my illness & no denial of such application of request. The MTA just doesn't follow the laws, rules & obligations that afford me my pension & continued health benefits. The desperately medical needed coverage for treatment that keeps me alive are used as retaliation for challenging my discipline, through the proper channels in the contract for absenteeism during medical episodes, including the time I was in a coma. The MTA spends taxpayer money to attempt to suspend an employee for being in a coma, or even for being absent on disability, workers comp. & FMLA. This agency takes an arbitration ruling to simply pay an employee for work they did. Yes the MTA tries to get out of paying employees for work that was actually done. They are fined thousands of dollars regularly for not paying court ordered workers compensation cases. They spend thousands more following employees who are (in my case terminally ill) out sick. I had an AGM who felt that I was fit for duty coughing up blood & subsequently in a coma. This while that AGM was intoxicated during the hearing. When the MTA says that employees are where the money goes, that is where. Hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on hearings, arbitration sessions & IG investigators following sick employees, that their own medical staff say are not fit for duty. Rant over, now I return you to you regularly scheduled programming. 

I suppose so... In any event, I think part of the issue is that the (MTA) wants a depot built elsewhere within Yonkers, with the city of Yonkers paying for it.  If it gets to eminent domain, I could see NYC arguing that the depot provides service to residents of Westchester as well and would question how Yonkers would go about maintaining that.  I mean let's face it, you already have the BxM3 that goes directly into Yonkers, and the BxM1, BxM2, BxM4 and BxM11 are all used by Yonkers residents that come over the border for said service.  

Reading this and above, the MTA can really get back at Westchester, by implementing a new fare system, and not allowing Bee-Line to adopt it. However this would probably hurt the local people more than anything. However, it would definitely flag the fools that run Westchester.

Also reading above, NYC should start cracking down on Bee-Line. Many of these buses double park blocking roads, and make illegal U-Turns too. 

Well Firstly This talk about Yonkers closing down is getting old, 12 years old on January 3rd. This remaining to be seen is not being seen. The City of Yonkers lost their eminent domain case against NYC & MTA Bus. LOST the case about 8 months ago, the argument by Yonkers was flatly denied in the Judges' decision. Also the judge ruled that this was solely for private gain, not public. This was based of the business plan clearly aimed at non-Yonkers residents being the target market for the new project, also the fact that the depot would pay more in taxes that the new property owners for at least a 10 year period the loss of depot employees would be consisting of a majority of Westchester & Yonkers residents. Further the judge recognized that there is no financial backing for such a property due to being (after Hurricane Sandy) designated by FEMA as a flood stage A. No bank or insurance company will insure a flood plain of that type (Yonkers Depot flooded up to 75 ft from the MNRR Hudson Line). The City of Yonkers would have to pay for the depot, land & temporary depot while the new is built, which they have said NO f**kING WAY (Yonkers is still a corrupt city, "the city of hill where nothing is on the level")! because the MTA has quoted Yonkers to cost about $75-100 Million & $150 with the temp. depot! Most runs on the BxM11 do NOT Start a BxM4's, just 3 Weekdays & 2 on Saturday, runs run on to the 4 from the depot or DHD to 28th (in the PM). It has gotten nasty already, Yonkers is getting cops to pull over MTA Buses & parking tickets for buses parked in bus stops(there are no bus layovers in Yonkers that are signed as such, so MTA buses are getting tickets in the bus layover area in Getty Square and even in one case servicing the first stop with passengers boarding. Don't have an incident in Yonkers, the Yonkers cops take the other persons side every time. You should've been concerned when the MTA took over in the first place, Eastchester is the least of your worries. The MTA ruined service the day they took over. No this isn't anything to do with the amalgamation of Yonkers & NYC over a century ago, NYC doesn't hold that type of grudge. The MTA on the other hand does. On the another subject go ahead write the Gov., I'm sure he will give a shit about RTS buses. Soon as he see that they are more reliable MDBF than the POS Orion hybrids, he will understand that a 20 Y/O bus is the best example of a perfect bus $$$ wise, especially when a hybrid package cost $98,000 when it shits the bed. When I was division shifter, I cost MTA Bus about $800,000 in blown hybrid drive components in 6 months. Because when you have to drive a hybrid from Queens to Ronkonkama for engine work, on the LIE they blow traction generators and or traction motors. So VG8 keep wishing the RTS gone, you'll get a nice hybrid that will shit the bed on the Johnson Ave or Riverdale Avenue hills & with twice the cost of maintenance now that they are all of warranty & very costly to repair so they sit for weeks at a time waiting for the parts at such high cost, that they blow depot budgets apart, ooh & the NG's loves to break engine cradles from new. 

Oh I can definitely relate to a lot of this as a passenger. Of the many buses I've been on, I've seen way way more low floors and hybrids break down and malfunction than RTSs and/or Orion Vs.  These post 2004 buses are weak, they struggle and they were very poorly designed. As for the MTA taking over a lot of other companies with MTA Bus, for the most part IT HAS NOT BEEN BETTER like they claim it is. As a kid I remember riding the liberty lines express routes with the MCI Classics. Those buses were speed demons, very reliable, and rarely ever broke down. Liberty Lines, Queens Surface and Triboro always seemed to provide great service

Reading this and above, the MTA can really get back at Westchester, by implementing a new fare system, and not allowing Bee-Line to adopt it. However this would probably hurt the local people more than anything. However, it would definitely flag the fools that run Westchester.

Also reading above, NYC should start cracking down on Bee-Line. Many of these buses double park blocking roads, and make illegal U-Turns too. 

You mean New York State. NYC doesn't really have any jurisdiction when it comes to Bee-Line except for the routes that run into The Bronx and Manhattan. Most of the jurisdiction goes to Westchester County and the state.

Archived