JFK and a one seat ride.

RailRunRob

Good argument, however London belongs in Tier 1, because the Piccadilly Line directly serves each terminal...

I'll give London Tier 1.5 then. I've taken the Piccadilly Line, but it's rather slow since there's no express service. The mainline services run to Paddington and are too expensive to be of use.

London will be in Tier 1 when Crossrail replaces Heathrow Connect / Express in a few years.

By the way, how do we define "one seat"? Riders still need to take AirTrain anyway in order to travel between terminals and the new station  <_<

Instead of one-seat, we should use the number of time-consuming transfers. Cross-platform transfers, for instance, don't count.

I think the existing one-transfer service at Jamaica is fine, given the amount of options there. The real issue with Howard Beach is that (A) trains arrive only every 15 minutes, and there's no LIRR service.

I'll give London Tier 1.5 then. I've taken the Piccadilly Line, but it's rather slow since there's no express service. The mainline services run to Paddington and are too expensive to be of use.

London will be in Tier 1 when Crossrail replaces Heathrow Connect / Express in a few years.

Instead of one-seat, we should use the number of time-consuming transfers. Cross-platform transfers, for instance, don't count.

I think the existing one-transfer service at Jamaica is fine, given the amount of options there. The real issue with Howard Beach is that (A) trains arrive only every 15 minutes, and there's no LIRR service.

Agreed on the Piccadilly I've done that a few times don't forget you have the Heathrow Express I did that in September it's like 15-20 into Paddington.

Update: just saw you referenced the Paddington service didn't see that on my phone I'm blind as a bat. My apologies.  But your right on that as well it is a bit pricey So I agree on both points now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Simplest solution would be an LIRR connection down Rockaway Branch.  No point in trifling about 'airport money'- if there's a will, there's a way.  Which brings us to the real problem- the political will to get this done is lacking.

Simplest solution would be an LIRR connection down Rockaway Branch.  No point in trifling about 'airport money'- if there's a will, there's a way.  Which brings us to the real problem- the political will to get this done is lacking.

Money doesn't apparate out of thin air. Given that the new Administration hates transit, the City and State have seemingly tied up their money elsewhere, and the MTA has some ridiculous cost control problems, a plan without money is about as useful as the original 1929 Second System plans.

I'd like to see the MTA bring down their costs, but that would also mean that the City and State would have to pick up their slack in terms of funding.  Cuomo and Deblasio's budgetary priorities are oftentimes questionable.  Again, the political will is lacking.  As for the circus that has recently arrived in DC, I haven't found anything specific that's been said against transit, but then, I haven't found anything said in support of transit, either.  Depends on whose controlling The Orange Ringmaster at Barnum & Bailey.

• 2 weeks later...

What standards was the AirTrain built to? Could you run at the very least 60' cars on its tracks?

I'll elaborate later, incoherently tired now.

The specs for AirTrain, which were written in an early press release during construction, stated that the line was built to accommodated MTA B-divsion rolling stick, so as to allow for future connection to the subway system.

Supposedly apparently Carolyn Maloney said she talked to trumps ppl saying that phase 2-3 are high priority for his infrastructure initiative 

That was old news...

Big news: Trump's infrastructure plan is a list of 50 priority projects, and #18 is Phases 2 and 3 of SAS.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article128492164.html

Gateway is #1. 

No updates since then.

Archived