•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    - - - - -
    Photo(s)

5439 Pounds The Pavement Today...

• Please log in to reply
    25 replies to this topic

#21 junjun441

junjun441
    • Pip
    • 108 posts
    • LocationBronx

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:03 PM

I saw it on the BX 9 today!

Looks the same just no rear window. Rear window would have been cooler but during the summer it does get hot back there (needs solar protected tint). I guess that why they removed it (just like the 40 footers)...???

(1)(9) baby for life

#22 RailRunRob

RailRunRob
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,700 posts
    • LocationRiverdale/ Prospect Hts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

I saw it on the BX 9 today!

Looks the same just no rear window. Rear window would have been cooler but during the summer it does get hot back there (needs solar protected tint). I guess that why they removed it (just like the 40 footers)...???

Is that the reason? They changed the back configuration? Heat issues?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app
    %20http://scaped.net/r160-649.png

#23 Around the Horn

Around the Horn
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 6,345 posts
    • LocationAcross the Verrazano from Shaolin Land...

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:43 PM

Is that the reason? They changed the back configuration? Heat issues?

That and the fact it required to the TA to inventory a whole new piece of glass that could only be used in that spot and on that model. Also the fact that pigs used that spot as a trashcan...

"Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alteration of night and day, and the ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and the changing of the winds and clouds made subservient between the heavens and the earth, there are signs for a people who understand"

"We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in oppression and denial of my right to exist." James Baldwin

giphy.gif

"Mercury melted when the Sun rose,The storm struck when the heart sighed "I can't live without someone from the heart"-Dil Se

#24 RailRunRob

RailRunRob
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,700 posts
    • LocationRiverdale/ Prospect Hts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

That and the fact it required to the TA to inventory a whole new piece of glass that could only be used in that spot and on that model. Also the fact that pigs used that spot as a trashcan...

Gotcha.

%20http://scaped.net/r160-649.png

#25 junjun441

junjun441
    • Pip
    • 108 posts
    • LocationBronx

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

Oh yeah... people definitely did ruin that experience by throwing trash (paper bags/cups and even banana peels). Saw that ALOT on the BX12.

(1)(9) baby for life

#26 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 28,064 posts
    • LocationRiverdale, NY & New York, NY

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:09 PM

And the fact that there doesn't seem to be anyone cleaning any of those buses anyway.  I sometimes wonder if any of those artics have ever seen a mop.  Trash on the floor.  I'm never on one long enough to want to sit, but even if I was I wouldn't.

BxM18-RIVERDALE_zps0a9279a4.gif

NICOLE MALLIOTAKIS FOR MAYOR 2017 - MAKE NYC GREAT AGAIN

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: photo(s)