Proposed Route switch between Q18 and 58

collagedchen300

I would like to introduce you the suggestion to switch around with these two bus routes. Some times like around last years winter season, Q58 buses had taken almost two hours to get from Flushing, to its terminus. Another reason, I don't think many commuters expect to go to flushing, mostly to Manhattan. Here are the two switches I made into my proposal.

1. Q18 from Ridgewood Terminal (Palmetto Street and Cornelia Av), to Astoria (27 Avenue and 2 Street)

via superseded Q58 route then,

Regular Service: via its existing routes, or...

Limited service: via existing Q47 route between Grand Avenue and Garfield Avenue, along 69 Street, then its existing route

I. Route informations for Regular Service:

1. 76 Stops (48-75 minutes)

2. Inbound: Astoria bound buses will make all their existing bus stops after Grand Avenue and Queens Midtown Expressway Overpass

3. Outbound: Ridgewood term bound buses will make all their existing bus stops before Grand Avenue and Remsen Place, then making all its superseded Q58 bus stops

II. Route Informations for Limited Service:

1. 40 Stops (49-51 minutes)

2. Inbound: Astoria bound Buses will go straight along 69 Street, making just existing Q47 bus stops, after Grand Avenue, then making all their existing bus stops after Garfield Avenue

3. Outbound: Ridgewood terminal bound buses will go straight along 69 street, after 50 avenue and 67 Street, making just existing Q47 bus stops, and after 69 Street and 53 Avenue, they will bypass all the way to Fresh Pond Road and Flushing Avenue, and making just their superseded Q58 Limited bus stops

4. Buses will be available every weekdays only

III. Subway Transfers

Ridgewood Terminal <=>

1. (L) and (M) trains at Myrtle and Wyckoff Avenues, near the terminus at Palmetto Street and Wyckoff Avenue

2. (M) train at Fresh Pond road, near the bus stop at 67 Avenue and Fresh Pond Road

3. (7) and peak hour <7> trains at Woodside - 61 Street, near the bus stop at Woodside Avenue and 61 Street

4. Weeknight (E), weekday (M), and Daytime (R) trains at Northern Blvd and Broadway, near the bus stop at Broadway and 56 Street

5. (N) and weekday (W) trains at 30 Avenue - Grand Avenue, near the bus stop at 30 Avenue and 31 Street <=>Astoria

Frequency: Same rate as B38 (5-9 Buses per hour)

2. Q58 from Maspeth (Grand Avenue and 64 Street), to Flushing (41 Road and Main Street)

I. Route Information

1. 36 Stops (27-50 minutes)

via Grand Avenue, then all existing bus stops after its first one

II. Benefits for this proposal:

Downtown Brooklyn-Queens Easy-Transfer Routes:

1. Inbound (Downtown Brooklyn): Transfer to Red Hook bound B57 at Flushing Avenue and 61 Street of Maspeth bound Q58

2. Inbound (Long Island City): Transfer to Q39 from the terminus (61 Street and Grand Avenue) of Maspeth bound Q58

3. Outbound (Flushing): Transfer to Flushing bound Q58 from the terminus (Grand Avenue and 64 Street) of Maspeth bound B57

Frequency: 6-10 buses per hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why does Ridgewood need a bus to Astoria on Fresh Pond when there is a bus to Long Island City on Forest?

The bus routes in and on the edges of Ridgewood going into the rest of Queens make sense. Q39 and Q67 going west, Q54 and Q55 going east and Q38 and Q58 going north.

Your plan takes all that traffic going to Queens Blvd and forces it onto the Q38 (which only skims the corner of the neigbhoorhood and has a much longer headway) or transfer at Grand Avenue and the LIE.

Archived