Future SBS Routes dug up in a DOT document

Union Tpke

Here is the download: https://www.dot.ny.gov/programs/stip/files/R11.xls

That is the only way to see it.

There are some more details than I have seen elsewhere.

Here they are:

BUSHWICK-DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM MYRTLE AVENUE AND WYCKOFF AVENUE TO JAY STREET AND TILLARY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

NORTHERN BOULEVARD FLUSHING-MANHATTAN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM NORTHERN BOULEVARD AND MAIN STREET, IN QUEENS COUNTY TO COLUMBUS CIRCLE, MANHATTAN, NEW YORK COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES AT BOTH COUNTIES 

SOUTHEAST QUEENS CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND ARCHER AVENUE TO GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND 147TH AVENUE IN QUEENS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

MANHATTAN WEST SIDE SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM AMSTERDAM AVENUE AND WEST 135TH STREET TO HUDSON STREET AND 8TH AVENUE IN MANHATTAN, NEW YORK COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES  (Formerly PIN: XSBS03)

FLATBUSH AVENUE CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM FLATBUSH AVENUE AND LIVINGSTON STREET TO FLATBUSH AVENUE AND AVENUE V IN BROOKLYN, KINGS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

SOUTH BRONX EAST-WEST SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM EAST 161ST STREET AND RIVER AVENUE TO BRUCKNER BOULEVARD AND CASTLE HILL AVENUE IN BRONX COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

SOUTHERN BROOKLYN EAST-WEST SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM 86TH STREET AND FOURTH AVENUE IN BROOKLYN TO JFK AIRPORT TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIME IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS COUNTIES

NORTHERN BOULEVARD FLUSHING-MANHATTAN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM NORTHERN BOULEVARD AND MAIN STREET, IN QUEENS COUNTY TO COLUMBUS CIRCLE, MANHATTAN, NEW YORK COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES AT BOTH COUNTIES 

FLATBUSH AVENUE CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM FLATBUSH AVENUE AND LIVINGSTON STREET TO FLATBUSH AVENUE AND AVENUE V IN BROOKLYN, KINGS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

SOUTH BRONX EAST-WEST SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM EAST 161ST STREET AND RIVER AVENUE TO BRUCKNER BOULEVARD AND CASTLE HILL AVENUE IN BRONX COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

SOUTHERN BROOKLYN EAST-WEST SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM 86TH STREET AND FOURTH AVENUE IN BROOKLYN TO JFK AIRPORT TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIME IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS COUNTIES

These are interesting. Are they planning bus lanes over the QB? Getting rid of the B41 Bergen Beach Branch? And the last two are heavy modifications of existing bus service.

To make this easy I'll just give these routes names and go from there.

Here is the download: https://www.dot.ny.gov/programs/stip/files/R11.xls

Here they are:

BUSHWICK-DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM MYRTLE AVENUE AND WYCKOFF AVENUE TO JAY STREET AND TILLARY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES (B55)

NORTHERN BOULEVARD FLUSHING-MANHATTAN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM NORTHERN BOULEVARD AND MAIN STREET, IN QUEENS COUNTY TO COLUMBUS CIRCLE, MANHATTAN, NEW YORK COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES AT BOTH COUNTIES (Q66)

SOUTHEAST QUEENS CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND ARCHER AVENUE TO GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND 147TH AVENUE IN QUEENS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES (Q113)

MANHATTAN WEST SIDE SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM AMSTERDAM AVENUE AND WEST 135TH STREET TO HUDSON STREET AND 8TH AVENUE IN MANHATTAN, NEW YORK COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES (Formerly PIN: XSBS03) (M11)

FLATBUSH AVENUE CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM FLATBUSH AVENUE AND LIVINGSTON STREET TO FLATBUSH AVENUE AND AVENUE V IN BROOKLYN, KINGS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES (B41)

SOUTH BRONX EAST-WEST SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM EAST 161ST STREET AND RIVER AVENUE TO BRUCKNER BOULEVARD AND CASTLE HILL AVENUE IN BRONX COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES Bx56

SOUTHERN BROOKLYN EAST-WEST SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM 86TH STREET AND FOURTH AVENUE IN BROOKLYN TO JFK AIRPORT TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIME IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS COUNTIES B75

I know the B55 was talked about before, but it's been a while since the route was talked about. I believe it's planned for a spring 2017 start date?

Q66 was an idea of my own, but I didn't imagine it going to Columbus Circle. And even so, my idea was great on paper, but can it be done?

Leave the Q113 alone.

The M11 may need LTD service before I can say anything.

As for the B41....

These are interesting. Are they planning bus lanes over the QB? Getting rid of the B41 Bergen Beach Branch? And the last two are heavy modifications of existing bus service.

I believe they will keep the Bergen Beach branch and (maybe) make Kings Plaza an SBS branch. But this is a prediction. Bergen Beach is definitely still being served either way.

I guess they shoved the Bx6 SBS and went for the Bx56?

I believe the B75 will definitely not work. Someone dosent know NYC....

I've been hearing they're considering having more Q70-like SBS routes in which there would be extended expressway runs. The Flushing-Columbus Circle and Bay Ridge-JFK routes would be two great candidates for that.

Also, there seems to be an M14 entry:

14TH STREET CORRIDOR CROSSTOWN SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM 23RD STREET AND ELEVENTH AVENUE TO GRAND STREET AND AVENUE D TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIME IN MANHATTAN.

That would be a 5 block extension on the West Side over the existing M14D.

To make this easy I'll just give these routes names and go from there.I know the B55 was talked about before, but it's been a while since the route was talked about. I believe it's planned for a spring 2017 start date?

Q66 was an idea of my own, but I didn't imagine it going to Columbus Circle. And even so, my idea was great on paper, but can it be done?

Leave the Q113 alone.

The M11 may need LTD service before I can say anything.

As for the B41....

I believe they will keep the Bergen Beach branch and (maybe) make Kings Plaza an SBS branch. But this is a prediction. Bergen Beach is definitely still being served either way.

I guess they shoved the Bx6 SBS and went for the Bx56?

I believe the B75 will definitely not work. Someone dosent know NYC....

Well no, it still sounds like the Bx6 SBS. Keep in mind that the spreadsheet he got it from is a rough sketch from our Metropolitan Planning Organization; stuff like the B46, which was already implemented, is also in the spreadsheet because it covers a period of multiple years.

I've been hearing they're considering having more Q70-like SBS routes in which there would be extended expressway runs. The Flushing-Columbus Circle and Bay Ridge-JFK routes would be two great candidates for that.

Also, there seems to be an M14 entry: 14TH STREET CORRIDOR CROSSTOWN SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM 23RD STREET AND ELEVENTH AVENUE TO GRAND STREET AND AVENUE D TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIME IN MANHATTAN.

That would be a 5 block extension on the West Side over the existing M14D.

The m14 will be overloaded with fare beaters every single day. Unless someone is checking every stop for payment will be loss revenue.

sent from my note4

They literally said this about every SBS route and guess what didn't happen.

And it was true until they started enforcing the fare. It still happens on some lines, just not as much. The M86 is a perfect example. People are either too lazy or too incompetent to understand the whole concept of paying before you board, and some just don't care.

Here they are:

BUSHWICK-DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM MYRTLE AVENUE AND WYCKOFF AVENUE TO JAY STREET AND TILLARY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

SOUTHEAST QUEENS CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND ARCHER AVENUE TO GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND 147TH AVENUE IN QUEENS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

MANHATTAN WEST SIDE SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM AMSTERDAM AVENUE AND WEST 135TH STREET TO HUDSON STREET AND 8TH AVENUE IN MANHATTAN, NEW YORK COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES  (Formerly PIN: XSBS03)

How old is this list? How absolute is it?

This is actually current. The only one that's new, that I had not confirmed was a west side SBS. I did hear talk of it so it's viable. The rest is 100% correct.

How have you been? I hope that you are well as you haven't been posting as much lately. Do you have any additional information on this?

The only reason I found this was because I was looking for more information on the 42nd Street Shuttle projects.

Here they are:

This isn't what the plan is going to be like according to this. Is this outdated? This looks like this would merge parts of the Bx5 and Bx6.

Archived