Future SBS Routes dug up in a DOT document

Union Tpke

And it was true until they started enforcing the fare. It still happens on some lines, just not as much. The M86 is a perfect example. People are either too lazy or too incompetent to understand the whole concept of paying before you board, and some just don't care.

Lmao with how short most trips on the M86 are it makes sense, especially if the bus is already there.

Lmao with how short most trips on the M86 are it makes sense, especially if the bus is already there.

Yet people still get on running from the train to the sbs. I did a few sbs86 runs. People expect me to open the door as they come out of the train station and my light is green, with another sbs 1 block behind me? Lol. One person was caught on the Amsterdam Ave stop east bound, failed to get ticket and got stopped by the tranist enforcement agents. She was mad at the fact she got caught and just got on. Buy if this was to happen on the m14 line it will be great revenue with ticket blitz but just slow things down as people come on to check tickets. Checking as they get out? Lol the kids probably run for it

sent from my note4

Yet people still get on running from the train to the sbs. I did a few sbs86 runs. People expect me to open the door as they come out of the train station and my light is green, with another sbs 1 block behind me? Lol. One person was caught on the Amsterdam Ave stop east bound, failed to get ticket and got stopped by the tranist enforcement agents. She was mad at the fact she got caught and just got on. Buy if this was to happen on the m14 line it will be great revenue with ticket blitz but just slow things down as people come on to check tickets. Checking as they get out? Lol the kids probably run for it

sent from my note4

The M86 people are so stupid. Too many damn transplants and tourists riding. Some of them purposely go through the front door to show the driver their ticket and others insist on trying to dip their Metrocard on the bus. All of this holds up service while they ask questions and the B/O assists. The information grace period has ended and they need more ticketing. Saw one clueless idiot pulled off of the M86 not that long ago...

This is actually current. The only one that's new, that I had not confirmed was a west side SBS. I did hear talk of it so it's viable. The rest is 100% correct.

So you can personally guarantee that NYCT and NYCDOT will implement all of those routes (and only those routes) in its upcoming SBS plans.

So you can personally guarantee that NYCT and NYCDOT will implement all of those routes (and only those routes) in its upcoming SBS plans.

No one, I repeat: no one, can personally guarantee that all these routes will be implemented. This is a planning document which only shows that they were at the very least studied. That he can confirm (and has).

"SOUTHEAST QUEENS CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND ARCHER AVENUE TO GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND 147TH AVENUE IN QUEENS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES"

I've knew about the Q113-SBS for a while now... and it's been slowly but surely coming along...

they have the XD60s in place... now it's just about adjusting the headways even more and implementing it...

The current headways are horrible

2 Limited shouldn't be back to back all the time

Here is the download: https://www.dot.ny.gov/programs/stip/files/R11.xls

That is the only way to see it.

There are some more details than I have seen elsewhere.

Here they are:

BUSHWICK-DOWNTOWN BROOKLYN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM MYRTLE AVENUE AND WYCKOFF AVENUE TO JAY STREET AND TILLARY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

NORTHERN BOULEVARD FLUSHING-MANHATTAN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM NORTHERN BOULEVARD AND MAIN STREET, IN QUEENS COUNTY TO COLUMBUS CIRCLE, MANHATTAN, NEW YORK COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES AT BOTH COUNTIES 

SOUTHEAST QUEENS CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND ARCHER AVENUE TO GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND 147TH AVENUE IN QUEENS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

MANHATTAN WEST SIDE SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM AMSTERDAM AVENUE AND WEST 135TH STREET TO HUDSON STREET AND 8TH AVENUE IN MANHATTAN, NEW YORK COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES  (Formerly PIN: XSBS03)

FLATBUSH AVENUE CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM FLATBUSH AVENUE AND LIVINGSTON STREET TO FLATBUSH AVENUE AND AVENUE V IN BROOKLYN, KINGS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

SOUTH BRONX EAST-WEST SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM EAST 161ST STREET AND RIVER AVENUE TO BRUCKNER BOULEVARD AND CASTLE HILL AVENUE IN BRONX COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES 

SOUTHERN BROOKLYN EAST-WEST SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM 86TH STREET AND FOURTH AVENUE IN BROOKLYN TO JFK AIRPORT TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIME IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS COUNTIES

NORTHERN BOULEVARD FLUSHING-MANHATTAN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM NORTHERN BOULEVARD AND MAIN STREET, IN QUEENS COUNTY TO COLUMBUS CIRCLE, MANHATTAN

Will this be the q66 getting extended or a new bus line? 

NORTHERN BOULEVARD FLUSHING-MANHATTAN CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM NORTHERN BOULEVARD AND MAIN STREET, IN QUEENS COUNTY TO COLUMBUS CIRCLE, MANHATTAN

Will this be the q66 getting extended or a new bus line? 

Maybe a Q66 SBS to Columbus and the Q66 local via the current route

Will there be enough riders for this route? It connects with 3 trains (7)(N) and (W) already and everybody has the mindset trains are faster than buses. You're losing ridership left and right, no one will opt for an SBS rather than take the subway and halfway into the route you meet (N) and (W), than it carries air to Columbus.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Will there be enough riders for this route? It connects with 3 trains (7)(N) and (W) already and everybody has the mindset trains are faster than buses. You're losing ridership left and right, no one will opt for an SBS rather than take the subway and halfway into the route you meet (N) and (W), than it carries air to Columbus.

Sent from my iPad using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

1. It also connects to the (M)(R)

2.You also have crosstown riders, it could just turn into a Q32 situation where you have two separate groups of riders. However during the rush it will definitely have ridership, the Q60 and Q32 do. probably on the weekends too when traffic is more bearable. 

I just want to know if that 14st SBS is fact or fiction. And I've heard rumors that it'll be going over the Williamsburg bridge after the L train is shut down.....

Anyone heard anything similar to this?

It would kind of make sense to merge one of the M14 branches with the B39, if only to relieve the (J) and (M) between Marcy Avenue and Essex Street.

It doesn't make any sense otherwise, but while the (L) is shut down it does make a little bit of sense. However, I'd much rather see the M14 feed to an East River ferry service like one of the official plans called for.

1. It also connects to the (M)(R)

2.You also have crosstown riders, it could just turn into a Q32 situation where you have two separate groups of riders. However during the rush it will definitely have ridership, the Q60 and Q32 do. probably on the weekends too when traffic is more bearable. 

The problem is that if there's reliability issues within Manhattan or going over the Queensboro Bridge, it would affect service for intra-Queens riders.

sent from my note4

The M86 people are so stupid. Too many damn transplants and tourists riding. Some of them purposely go through the front door to show the driver their ticket and others insist on trying to dip their Metrocard on the bus. All of this holds up service while they ask questions and the B/O assists. The information grace period has ended and they need more ticketing. Saw one clueless idiot pulled off of the M86 not that long ago...

It was just M86 SBS. LGA by M60SBS/Q70 SBS at LaGuardia, M34/A SBS and M23 SBS are among tourists hotspot including Q44 SBS near Jamaica or Flushing, and Bx12 SBS/Q44 SBS near Bronx Zoo.

It was just M86 SBS. LGA by M60SBS/Q70 SBS at LaGuardia, M34/A SBS and M23 SBS are among tourists hotspot including Q44 SBS near Jamaica or Flushing, and Bx12 SBS/Q44 SBS near Bronx Zoo.

Yeah yeah tourists, yeah yeah hotspot, got all that... But the real question is, have you seen any "beanies" on those routes :lol: :lol:

What is that from?

I'd assume someone made that up. No one, I mean no one, with any sort of credibility would propose removing the B9 from Kings Plaza...

I actually made that map as a proposal years ago. I'm surprised somebody dug it up. And that the file is still intact, I completely forgot about it. The idea to reroute the B9 would be alongside an extension of the B2 to Bay Ridge to partially replace it. But uh, that's neither here nor there. 

I just want to know if that 14st SBS is fact or fiction. And I've heard rumors that it'll be going over the Williamsburg bridge after the L train is shut down.....

Anyone heard anything similar to this?

Of anything similar, there was a proposal to have 14th Street completely car free a few months back; it involves keeping the street to buses only during the shutdown. 

http://gothamist.com/2016/06/07/car_free_14th_street.php

Interestingly, the RPA proposed that there be a busway from Chelsea to Lorimer Street. 

http://library.rpa.org/pdf/RPA-A-New-L-Train-for-New-Yorkers.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the farebeating:

The Bx41 (as it was mentioned here) checks for tickets at Fordham Road. At least it did when I was riding it.

The M86 shouldn't have SBS to begin with, but that's another story. Perhaps the driver explaining is him/her DOING THEIR JOB. If you had ticket checkers at every stop, that will slow things down even more. Face it: as wrong as it is, you're never gonna stop it completely.

The M14A/D is the only crosstown that actually needs SBS. Guessing one would be SBS, the other local and they maintain their current routes. It doesn't specify if both would be converted.

The M11 would seemingly be cut back from Riverbank Park to 135th Street. Interesting.

I can't comment on the other routes as I don't live in Brooklyn or Queens.

The Bx41 (as it was mentioned here) checks for tickets at Fordham Road. At least it did when I was riding it.

The M86 shouldn't have SBS to begin with, but that's another story. Perhaps the driver explaining is him/her DOING THEIR JOB. If you had ticket checkers at every stop, that will slow things down even more. Face it: as wrong as it is, you're never gonna stop it completely.

The M14A/D is the only crosstown that actually needs SBS. Guessing one would be SBS, the other local and they maintain their current routes. It doesn't specify if both would be converted.

The M11 would seemingly be cut back from Riverbank Park to 135th Street. Interesting.

I've never seen them check for tickets on the Bx41. Then again I haven't taken the SBS. 

I agree here. The M86 needs a Limited and that's about it. They should've made the M101 the SBS route out of OH.

I think the Q113 would do well with SBS. The question I have is, where on Brewer Blvd (and maybe 147th Ave) are they expecting to fit bus lanes? 

This Flushing - Columbus Circle route seems interesting, although they could just create a Q32A and send it to Columbus Circle.

SOUTHEAST QUEENS CORRIDOR SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND ARCHER AVENUE TO GUY BREWER BOULEVARD AND 147TH AVENUE IN QUEENS COUNTY TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIMES

They forgot the non-stop section on Rockaway Blvd that can be used to put an XBL.

SOUTHERN BROOKLYN EAST-WEST SELECT BUS SERVICE FROM 86TH STREET AND FOURTH AVENUE IN BROOKLYN TO JFK AIRPORT TO REDUCE TRAVEL TIME IN BROOKLYN AND QUEENS COUNTIES

Nice.

However, could buses run on Belt Pkwy?

Also, i could it something manages to have a stop at Coney Island.

The M86 should DEFINITELY have SBS, otherwise the bunching would be far worse. It moves well outside of the rush esp., and a big part of that is due to folks paying before they board.

Archived