Bensonhurster starts Ridge-to-Manhattan bus service

Union Tpke

I didn't see it for the first PM bus. Doesn't say on the ad but I assume the bus runs on 5th for the way down.

Hmm... Maybe it switches to Broadway at 23rd Street? Where were you waiting?

I waited at 5th Avenue and 30th Street between 5:15 and 5:48 pm, and the bus did not come. I then walked up 5th Avenue to 58th Street, and then over to 6th Avenue. The bus was absolutely nowhere to be found.

While I don't mind the little bit of exercise, the complete absence of his bus is quite concerning.

I waited at 5th Avenue and 30th Street between 5:15 and 5:48 pm, and the bus did not come. I then walked up 5th Avenue to 58th Street, and then over to 6th Avenue. The bus was absolutely nowhere to be found.

While I don't mind the little bit of exercise, the complete absence of his bus is quite concerning.

Phantom service...

It's very possible no one signed up so he didn't do the runs. You guys should email him if you want to see the bus in action. I suspect it's gonna be very hit and miss otherwise until he gets his name out there (or he gives up on the whole idea)

These travel times are simply unrealistic. How is he going to go from Barclay Street to Exchange Pl in two minutes??? Please... <_< Over promising and under delivering....

SBS style prioritization (red light changing capability)

*sarcasm*

It's very possible no one signed up so he didn't do the runs. You guys should email him if you want to see the bus in action. I suspect it's gonna be very hit and miss otherwise until he gets his name out there (or he gives up on the whole idea)

If he isn't running the service, that makes it even worse. You have people waiting for an "express bus" that will never come. Waste of time and money...

If he isn't running the service, that makes it even worse. You have people waiting for an "express bus" that will never come. Waste of time and money...

I agree. It wouldn't be the first or last small business to have a rocky start. 

I agree. It wouldn't be the first or last small business to have a rocky start. 

Regardless of the size of the business, communication is important, and with technology being what it is these days, you can set yourself apart by implementing it accordingly.  He's doing himself a huge disservice advertising such a thing and not following through.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived