Intresting Old School Suffolk Transit Sign

mac5689

Here is a Google Streetview of an old school Suffolk Transit sign. Interestingly it is blank, I have no idea why that it. This sign is located on Southbound NYS 454 1000 feet from Lincoln Ave. 

32842047616_4c37dce79c.jpgOld Suffolk Transit Sign by mws5689, on Flickr

It is also the only other old style Suffolk Transit Sign I know that exists as of Oct, 2016. The other one is located near an entrence to NYIT's Central Islip Campus on Gullhaven Dr across the street from the Central Islip Town Center on Carleton Ave.

31388212744_4e86a01609.jpgOld Suffolk Transit stop Sign by mws5689, on Flickr

Here is a Google Streetview of an old school Suffolk Transit sign. Interestingly it is blank, I have no idea why that it. This sign is located on Southbound NYS 454 1000 feet from Lincoln Ave. 

32842047616_4c37dce79c.jpgOld Suffolk Transit Sign by mws5689, on Flickr

It is also the only other old style Suffolk Transit Sign I know that exists as of Oct, 2016. The other one is located near an entrence to NYIT's Central Islip Campus on Gullhaven Dr across the street from the Central Islip Town Center on Carleton Ave.

31388212744_4e86a01609.jpgOld Suffolk Transit stop Sign by mws5689, on Flickr

That kind of sign looks familiar. On some sort of camp trip, in about 2007, I remember seeing a sign looking like that. I have no idea where in Suffolk though.

That kind of sign looks familiar. On some sort of camp trip, in about 2007, I remember seeing a sign looking like that. I have no idea where in Suffolk though.

Young People's Day Camp uses NYIT Central Isip for their Suffolk Location. Maybe if that was the camp you went then maybe you saw the one on Gullhaven.

• 1 month later...

There's one on Jericho Tpk e/b at Harned Rd for the S58.

the thing is is that in those times 80-90 SCT wasnt that rich and its revenue wasnt too much adecuate to handle easier lettering to enable passengers where that bus would go...many bus stops of the s92 are like those old ones since is the ONLY bus that passes through ther and also no idiot would know to be on the bus stop going to riverhead and not go due east to East Hampton

the thing is is that in those times 80-90 SCT wasnt that rich and its revenue wasnt too much adecuate to handle easier lettering to enable passengers where that bus would go...many bus stops of the s92 are like those old ones since is the ONLY bus that passes through ther and also no idiot would know to be on the bus stop going to riverhead and not go due east to East Hampton

While it that may have been the reason some of the signs weren't lettered, the one at NYIT Central Islip (The bottom old sign) was in fact lettered for the 3C and that is the only bus that passed by there.  

There's one on Baylawn Avenue at Montauk Highway, where the 1B used to pass (before it was discontinued last year).

It's still there? Suprised it wasn't taken down when the route was discontinued. They took down all the 7D signs.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived