Breakdancers pummel commuter refusing to make space for performance on Brooklyn train

alberchico

I remember one day i was working the (3) line and i heard "Its SHowTime!!!"... Leaving 72t southbound i know i can get the train up to 50mph before it have to slow down for the timers south of 50 st......So being that i know the R62's have good breaks, i did a hard stop coming into 50st on purpose just to mess up they're routine and in the process i heard SPLAT!!!! followed by a OOOOOOOOH!!!! LoL! One of the Dancers Fell!... that was my entertainment for that trip! LoL

I remember one day i was working the (3) line and i heard "Its SHowTime!!!"... Leaving 72t southbound i know i can get the train up to 50mph before it have to slow down for the timers south of 50 st......So being that i know the R62's have good breaks, i did a hard stop coming into 50st on purpose just to mess up they're routine and in the process i heard SPLAT!!!! followed by a OOOOOOOOH!!!! LoL! One of the Dancers Fell!... that was my entertainment for that trip! LoL

Not all heroes wear capes lol

HAHAHA I hope you are working the 3 next time I take it!

you are the man 

imgphilippines-rodrigo-duterte-will-not-

:D  :D violated the dancer good!!!!

Now that is a show I would like to see! Lol

It was at this moment Jackson knew...he f**ked up: *crunch*

It'd be "tolerable" if they were original. But, if they were smarter, they'd use the videos to create a consulting business to teach strippers and other pole dancing industries how to make their routines on stages better. Gotta be better money doing that than trying to get dollar bills from straphangers.

It is small when you consider how much time is spent doing that... It's barely pocket change at best.  They would be better off getting a real job.

Nah, these hustlers can make pretty good money (tax-free of course). Say you have 3 people dancing, but you get $20 in a 5 minute ride (let's say 10 minutes because they have to wait for the train to go back uptown). Multiply that by 6 times in an hour, that's $120, and split among 3 people is $40 per hour, tax free.

A lot of these homeless guys, same thing. You pick a good location, and you can make a living almost like a regular day job. For example, I read an article with an interview with a homeless man who makes around $150 per day (the rest of the article is about how he picks up women to sleep with them, but that's a different story lol).

But yeah, I don't give money anymore. I usually carry some food that I intend to eat for lunch or whatever, but if a homeless person asks, I'll give it to them. Some accept it and some don't (a few times, there have been people asking for food itself, not money). Hopefully they ate it because it's a damn shame to waste food IMO.

Nah, these hustlers can make pretty good money (tax-free of course). Say you have 3 people dancing, but you get $20 in a 5 minute ride (let's say 10 minutes because they have to wait for the train to go back uptown). Multiply that by 6 times in an hour, that's $120, and split among 3 people is $40 per hour, tax free.

A lot of these homeless guys, same thing. You pick a good location, and you can make a living almost like a regular day job. For example, I read an article with an interview with a homeless man who makes around $150 per day (the rest of the article is about how he picks up women to sleep with them, but that's a different story lol).

But yeah, I don't give money anymore. I usually carry some food that I intend to eat for lunch or whatever, but if a homeless person asks, I'll give it to them. Some accept it and some don't (a few times, there have been people asking for food itself, not money). Hopefully they ate it because it's a damn shame to waste food IMO.

There are some people that earn decent, but these breakdancers... From what I have personally witnessed make a few bucks per car (if that). The number you're throwing out is rather generous. There's also the time spent practicing that they don't get paid for. The act has to be damn good for them to make even close to what you proposed. There was this one group that played on the (D) train that got rave reviews (folks were clapping after they finished). Even I had their damn song stuck in my head after getting off. Those guys could do well, but these guys (Show Time characters) on average seem to get a few bucks per car. The other thing is the act gets old after a while. Like those Michael Jackson guys... You can only tolerate hearing the same two songs for so long, so you need to bet on new people (new suckers) being willing to cough up money (i.e. guillible tourists, transplants and other sorry New Yorkers). You do have some people that seem to love the idea of these guys "hustling".

Anybody notice how some of these characters seem to vanish in thin air? Haven't seen those Mariachi guys in a while. lol I used to love messing with them and would tell them to play another song (I knew they wouldn't because they likely only had that one song that they had perfected to play from car to car) and they would get so pissed off. LOL

A lot of these homeless guys, same thing. You pick a good location, and you can make a living almost like a regular day job. For example, I read an article with an interview with a homeless man who makes around $150 per day (the rest of the article is about how he picks up women to sleep with them, but that's a different story lol).

You're giving them a gargantuan amount of credit by breaking it down by the numbers.... I'd go as far as to say that there is no splitting it evenly between however many people there are in the routine anyway, because ni***z don't work that way.... It's usually the MF-er with the biggest voice (I don't mean singing voice, I don't necessarily mean loudest voice; like one a hype man would have) that's getting the biggest chunk of the money; the dude doing the introduction is more often than not, the top jester dog.....

Forget the fact that it's tax free for a second.... Still, there is no way in hell these clowns are making 120 dollars an hour (even at absolute best case scenario)... Now I know the panhandling market (it's disgusting that one even exists) in NYC is over-saturated, but let people find out they can sucker that much money out of people in an hour -  and you will have so many dumbasses in the making, quitting their minimum wage 9-to-5's like it's going out of style...

There are some people that earn decent, but these breakdancers... From what I have personally witnessed make a few bucks per car (if that). The number you're throwing out is rather generous. There's also the time spent practicing that they don't get paid for. The act has to be damn good for them to make even close to what you proposed.

There was this one group that played on the (D) train that got rave reviews (folks were clapping after they finished). Even I had their damn song stuck in my head after getting off. Those guys could do well, but these guys (Show Time characters) on average seem to get a few bucks per car. The other thing is the act gets old after a while. Like those Michael Jackson guys... You can only tolerate hearing the same two songs for so long, so you need to bet on new people (new suckers) being willing to cough up money (i.e. guillible tourists, transplants and other sorry New Yorkers).

You do have some people that seem to love the idea of these guys "hustling".

Anybody notice how some of these characters seem to vanish in thin air? Haven't seen those Mariachi guys in a while. lol I used to love messing with them and would tell them to play another song (I knew they wouldn't because they likely only had that one song that they had perfected to play from car to car) and they would get so pissed off. LOL

You mean... that one song they had recorded :lol:

Anyway, I can respect a good hustle, but fakedancing & male stripping on the subway doesn't qualify IMO.... The dude sitting with his legs folded on some street corner with a funny ass hand written sign, not saying a fu***ng word, I might be more inclined to fork over a red cent to, over these dudes.... If you're not street smart, you won't be privy to it, but there is a criminal element/undertone to these fakedancers in particular - and this story illustrates it perfectly.... Some of them even smell like they just came home, the same day you see them performing on the train.... Yuck.

Most of the people I see literally clapping after their performances, seem to be tourists.... They even exhibit that nervous smile; as if to say, if I don't pay them, something going to go awry.... No, this is not NYC culture (some probably believe that it is).... And again, whenever I see people pony up money to these guys, I tend to start scowling.....

With that said, this goes out to Shondrae for his solitary effort in fighting panhandling on the subway... LMAO !

I'd go as far as to say that there is no splitting it evenly between however many people there are in the routine anyway, because ni***z don't work that way

I know it's hard for you, but can we try to stay away from casual racism as much as possible? Thanks.

I know it's hard for you, but can we try to stay away from casual racism as much as possible? Thanks.

Oh please. Last I checked, people of all races hustle. Believe me I've been called "brother" by just about everyone under the sun who wants my hard earned money. This is NYC. There is no point in sugarcoating what is going on and how people of all colors are gaming the system. Furthermore what exactly do you add to any conversation aside from you continuously claiming that you're so offended by the "endless racism" that you claim is apparent in just about every thread here?

You're giving them a gargantuan amount of credit by breaking it down by the numbers.... I'd go as far as to say that there is no splitting it evenly between however many people there are in the routine anyway, because ni***z don't work that way.... It's usually the MF-er with the biggest voice (I don't mean singing voice, I don't necessarily mean loudest voice; like one a hype man would have) that's getting the biggest chunk of the money; the dude doing the introduction is more often than not, the top jester dog.....

Forget the fact that it's tax free for a second.... Still, there is no way in hell these clowns are making 120 dollars an hour (even at absolute best case scenario)... Now I know the panhandling market (it's disgusting that one even exists) in NYC is over-saturated, but let people find out they can sucker that much money out of people in an hour -  and you will have so many dumbasses in the making, quitting their minimum wage 9-to-5's like it's going out of style...

You mean... that one song they had recorded :lol:

Anyway, I can respect a good hustle, but fakedancing & male stripping on the subway doesn't qualify IMO.... The dude sitting with his legs folded on some street corner with a funny ass hand written sign, not saying a fu***ng word, I might be more inclined to fork over a red cent to, over these dudes.... If you're not street smart, you won't be privy to it, but there is a criminal element/undertone to these fakedancers in particular - and this story illustrates it perfectly.... Some of them even smell like they just came home, the same day you see them performing on the train.... Yuck.

Most of the people I see literally clapping after their performances, seem to be tourists.... They even exhibit that nervous smile; as if to say, if I don't pay them, something going to go awry.... No, this is not NYC culture (some probably believe that it is).... And again, whenever I see people pony up money to these guys, I tend to start scowling.....

With that said, this goes out to Shondrae for his solitary effort in fighting panhandling on the subway... LMAO !

Yeah the one I've become deaf tone to... lol

Also agree about those tourists but some are transplants too... My thing is even if these guys are making peanuts, they still find it worthwhile so that means NYPD isn't cracking down hard enough to make them think twice. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out who they are. Just look for a small group of youngsters underdressed with a radio who dash into the least crowded car (usually the last car).

How about you try developing tougher skin & breaking out of the shell of pussification that is political correctness...

"Thanks"

Oh please. Last I checked, people of all races hustle. Believe me I've been called "brother" by just about everyone under the sun who wants my hard earned money. This is NYC. There is no point in sugarcoating what is going on and how people of all colors are gaming the system. Furthermore what exactly do you add to any conversation aside from you continuously claiming that you're so offended by the "endless racism" that you claim is apparent in just about every thread here?

So not only is he a troll, but a sensitive one? Where they do that at !?!

Well, firstly, our friend literally used a racial slur and was not implying that all races do that, so I don't see what your point is.

Second, have I done this before? If so, i'm sorry for being repetitive. I try to mainly lurk - I reply when stuff needs to be said, and often stuff like this needs to be said. 

Oh, so I'm a troll now? That is a severe lack of understanding to the word "troll." I have never done anything trollish, nor have I behaved as if to make a mockery of y'all. I enjoy reading the intelligent discussion here, and I try not to butt in very often. I don't know how I am a troll.

How about you try developing tougher skin & breaking out of the shell of pussification that is political correctness...

"Thanks"

So not only is he a troll, but a sensitive one? Where they do that at !?!

I recall him complaining in another thread about the same thing that made no sense. Completely out of left field... And yes, he has VERY thin skin...

Yeah the one I've become deaf tone to... lol

Also agree about those tourists but some are transplants too... My thing is even if these guys are making peanuts, they still find it worthwhile so that means NYPD isn't cracking down hard enough to make them think twice. It shouldn't be that hard to figure out who they are. Just look for a small group of youngsters underdressed with a radio who dash into the least crowded car (usually the last car).

How could I forget about the hipster & yuppie transplants.... Lol.

Weren't the police supposed to be cracking down on these fakedancers though (same deal w/ the waking up of people sleeping on trains)...

At one point late last year, they started being diligent with it, but now.... Nothing.... Just like a while back when po po's were writing up tickets for people that were walking between cars.... You can't just show that you're going to take on these courses of actions for the first few weeks or months & then that's it....  You gotta keep up with it if the level of concern is as serious as it's portrayed to be....

...and to think, I thought the breakdancing shtick had died off in NYC, because there was like a good 2-3 month period where I didn't see any of those clowns (take that with a grain of salt though, because I don't ride the subway to & fro' everyday, but still).... And then one day coming home from QBP... Hopped on the (Q) (when it still ran to Astoria), and by time we hit 42nd.....

....it was showtime :(

How could I forget about the hipster & yuppie transplants.... Lol.

Weren't the police supposed to be cracking down on these fakedancers though (same deal w/ the waking up of people sleeping on trains)...

At one point late last year, they started being diligent with it, but now.... Nothing.... Just like a while back when po po's were writing up tickets for people that were walking between cars.... You can't just show that you're going to take on these courses of actions for the first few weeks or months & then that's it.... You gotta keep up with it if the level of concern is as serious as it's portrayed to be....

...and to think, I thought the breakdancing shtick had died off in NYC, because there was like a good 2-3 month period where I didn't see any of those clowns (take that with a grain of salt though, because I don't ride the subway to & fro' everyday, but still).... And then one day coming home from QBP... Hopped on the (Q) (when it still ran to Astoria), and by time we hit 42nd.....

....it was showtime :(

The enforcement seems to be lacking as far as the breakdancer share concerned as I want to enjoy a nice peaceful ride on the Broadway Express only to be interrupted by their high flying monkey act. To further add to lax enforcement, I've been seeing an inordinate amount of pics on the internet lately of NTT cars being tagged up, especially that R68A car that ended up being unrecognizable. NYPD needs to step their game up

Well, firstly, our friend literally used a racial slur and was not implying that all races do that, so I don't see what your point is.

Second, have I done this before? If so, i'm sorry for being repetitive. I try to mainly lurk - I reply when stuff needs to be said, and often stuff like this needs to be said. 

Oh, so I'm a troll now? That is a severe lack of understanding to the word "troll." I have never done anything trollish, nor have I behaved as if to make a mockery of y'all. I enjoy reading the intelligent discussion here, and I try not to butt in very often. I don't know how I am a troll.

When people call me “chink”? I own it. I give them back their epithet and hope they are proud to own it too.

There are some people that earn decent, but these breakdancers... From what I have personally witnessed make a few bucks per car (if that). The number you're throwing out is rather generous. There's also the time spent practicing that they don't get paid for. The act has to be damn good for them to make even close to what you proposed. There was this one group that played on the (D) train that got rave reviews (folks were clapping after they finished). Even I had their damn song stuck in my head after getting off. Those guys could do well, but these guys (Show Time characters) on average seem to get a few bucks per car. The other thing is the act gets old after a while. Like those Michael Jackson guys... You can only tolerate hearing the same two songs for so long, so you need to bet on new people (new suckers) being willing to cough up money (i.e. guillible tourists, transplants and other sorry New Yorkers). You do have some people that seem to love the idea of these guys "hustling".

Mellow Madness I think they were called. Electric guitar and a horn?

I went to one of their shows off Dyckman. Great band. If more buskers were like them or the folks playing at Union Square during evening rush, I'd have no problem with busking on the train.

But pole dancers? Nah. Reminds me of that airport scene in "Not Another Teen Movie" where the friendzoned guy repeats the 'girl I love' speech and the lady goes "We already heard that one, a**hole." Originality is win.

Mellow Madness I think they were called. Electric guitar and a horn?

I went to one of their shows off Dyckman. Great band. If more buskers were like them or the folks playing at Union Square during evening rush, I'd have no problem with busking on the train.

But pole dancers? Nah. Reminds me of that airport scene in "Not Another Teen Movie" where the friendzoned guy repeats the 'girl I love' speech and the lady goes "We already heard that one, a**hole." Originality is win.

Can't remember. Thought they were more of the slow groove type (not my cup of tea, but yes talented, and they mentioned that they played uptown somewhere).

Archived