The Enhanced Station Initiative:New stations and work starts at 53rd Street

Union Tpke

What were the first four besides 53rd? Prospect, 53rd, Bay Ridge Ave, and? Amusing to see another shot at terrible, cheap patchwork on a beautiful original BMT station. Lifehack: tear off the 70s refrigerator tiles, clean up the original mosaics underneath, and tell the public you've restored history. Far more timeless and appealing than the weird, clinical look of the 'new' station Cuomo proposed.

These are, as I said in this thread, nothing but a series of old ideas tried again: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/49392-cuomos-station-redesigns/. 

Additional notes to the thread: the continuous service sign has been done before (1990s Times Square renovation), the directory was first tried in the 60s, and standing benches were a 1970s/1980s thing (you can still see them at 82nd on the (7) I believe). 

What were the first four besides 53rd? Prospect, 53rd, Bay Ridge Ave, and? Amusing to see another shot at terrible, cheap patchwork on a beautiful original BMT station. Lifehack: tear off the 70s refrigerator tiles, clean up the original mosaics underneath, and tell the public you've restored history. Far more timeless and appealing than the weird, clinical look of the 'new' station Cuomo proposed.

These are, as I said in this thread, nothing but a series of old ideas tried again: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/49392-cuomos-station-redesigns/. 

Additional notes to the thread: the continuous service sign has been done before (1990s Times Square renovation), the directory was first tried in the 60s, and standing benches were a 1970s/1980s thing (you can still see them at 82nd on the (7) I believe). 

It was just three. (Prospect, 53rd and Bay Ridge Av)

Archived