•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    - - - - -

F express in Brooklyn to start...this year?

• Please log in to reply
    230 replies to this topic

#1 46Dover

46Dover
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,688 posts
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

So they're actually going to go through with it

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.2639565
    Lakeland Bus Lines

#2 Union Tpke

Union Tpke
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,344 posts
    • LocationNear a station in Central Queens where three (E) trains terminate late in the AM Rush Hour on weekdays (at 8:27, 9:02, 9:13 from WTC, arriving at my home station at 9:09, 9:44 and 9:56 respectively) and was the terminal for E and EE trains from its opening on December 31, 1936 to April 24, 1937. This station is also home to R160 or R46 layups during the evening and weekend hours.

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

This is article is from May 2016 and the study just suggests it.

Long live R32s!

24730276396_396ec512d2_z.jpgFotor0201132117 by spicker613, on Flickr

#3 46Dover

46Dover
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,688 posts
    • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:01 PM

This is article is from May 2016 and the study just suggests it.

Fall 2017 though. We'll see (or not)...
    Lakeland Bus Lines

#4 N6 Limited

N6 Limited
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPip
    • 3,128 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

A "50%" reduction in service is not true as they still have the (G) train. They should try to reopen Bergen Street lower level though

n6L

HEMPSTEAD------------------------------PEAK HOURS ONLY

#5 NY1635

NY1635
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPip
    • 912 posts
    • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

As someone who takes the (F) express in Queens to/from Manhattan, I don't see any appeal or benefits of the line running express in Brooklyn. It's still slow and excruciating to get into the city despite the (F) skipping local stops between Forest Hills and 21st-Queensbridge because of the massive delays due to congestion on the tracks. In fact it's very common to see people on a Manhattan bound (F) transfer to the (E) across the platform at Union Turnpike because the (E) is faster and more direct.

#6 Around the Horn

Around the Horn
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 6,461 posts
    • LocationAcross the Verrazano from Shaolin Land...

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

A "50%" reduction in service is not true as they still have the (G) train. They should try to reopen Bergen Street lower level though

No its totally true... It's a 50% reduction in Manhattan bound service which the majority of commuters at those stations are looking for. The (G) won't help them at all...

"Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alteration of night and day, and the ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and the changing of the winds and clouds made subservient between the heavens and the earth, there are signs for a people who understand"

"We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in oppression and denial of my right to exist." James Baldwin

giphy.gif

"Mercury melted when the Sun rose,The storm struck when the heart sighed "I can't live without someone from the heart"-Dil Se

#7 RR503

RR503
    • Pip
    • 447 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

No its totally true... It's a 50% reduction in Manhattan bound service which the majority of commuters at those stations are looking for. The (G) won't help them at all...

They can use the (A) © at Hoyt schermerhorn, so not a total loss.
    <p>SOS -- Save Our Subways!

My RP

#8 Around the Horn

Around the Horn
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 6,461 posts
    • LocationAcross the Verrazano from Shaolin Land...

Posted 19 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

They can use the (A) © at Hoyt schermerhorn, so not a total loss.

Are you freaking kidding me? Of course thats a loss...

I tried (G) to (A) © once when there were issues on the (F), its terrible.

"Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alteration of night and day, and the ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and the changing of the winds and clouds made subservient between the heavens and the earth, there are signs for a people who understand"

"We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in oppression and denial of my right to exist." James Baldwin

giphy.gif

"Mercury melted when the Sun rose,The storm struck when the heart sighed "I can't live without someone from the heart"-Dil Se

#9 danielhg121

danielhg121
    • PipPip
    • 805 posts
    • LocationNew york

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:53 PM

Doesn't it say that in the Culver Sta. Renewal project that the study would be continued later on and this would not add onto the F exp study?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

#10 B46 via Utica

B46 via Utica
    • Pip
    • 306 posts
    • LocationSomewhere

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

Tought these (F) express discussions died off a long time ago LOL. From my experience there is already occasional express service on the (F) during rush hour and honestly there is a possibility it can be helpful. The train doesn't get excessively crowded that much during the rush usually a good amount of people get off to transfer to the (A) and © at Jay st metro tech.

Edited by B46 via Utica, 19 March 2017 - 05:31 PM.