Alternative Express Bus Routes

ViaWaterViaChurch

I always get excited when I'm on an express bus and the driver will be a rebel and go off route. What are some of your experiences you've had? The biggest ones for me are when QM midtown buses turn down 2nd ave and go back toward the tunnel instead of taking the bridge.

So far I've QM24 via 57th, right on 2nd ave to the Midtown Tunnel.

I've also had QM34 via 3rd ave, right on 56th street, right on 2nd ave back to the midtown tunnel

Though this isn't that much of a difference, sometimes the QM25 driver will turn right onto Vesey street and take that up towards Park Row instead of going up Church, making a right on Park Place, and then looping around to Park Row. It's sometimes can save 5 minutes as Broadway can get pretty congested.

My "experience" i had on QM24 and 34, were really slow during PM peak hours when I took it to Ridgewood Fresh Pond Rd, going through queensbridge. Better is start those outbound services from 57 St and going via 2nd Av to Midtown tunnel. Going uptown and then downtown will result the trip much slower.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

My "experience" i had on QM24 and 34, were really slow during PM peak hours when I took it to Ridgewood Fresh Pond Rd, going through queensbridge. Better is start those outbound services from 57 St and going via 2nd Av to Midtown tunnel. Going uptown and then downtown will result the trip much slower.

Also, last year, as I got on the first coming outbound QM24 (that time theres no "QM34"), the bus driver were forced onto Queens Blvd rather than queuing on the rush hour traffic to LIE.

lol... It wouldn't. Lex is horrible and 5th is worse than 6th.

How about morning, when overall, the express buses from going inbound from Glendale via Ridgewood reverses its PM peak hour trip to head those downtown lines?

How about morning, when overall, the express buses from going inbound from Glendale via Ridgewood reverses its PM peak hour trip to head those downtown lines?

The best pattern is the current one. There should be some tweaks though because 57th and 59th is a mess. 

I wonder if the BxM9 could get to Throggs Neck faster going through Queens than the Bruckner

That idea is not even feasible. Your telling Bronx riders who have a 1 seat ride via the Triboro + Bruckner to deal with additional Queens traffic to hop on the Throggs Neck Bridge to the Bronx.

If my memory serves me correct the BxM9 is via Tremont Avenue to Throggs Neck correct?

That idea is not even feasible. Your telling Bronx riders who have a 1 seat ride via the Triboro + Bruckner to deal with additional Queens traffic to hop on the Throggs Neck Bridge to the Bronx.

If my memory serves me correct the BxM9 is via Tremont Avenue to Throggs Neck correct?

Yep, thats the BxM9. The triboro and Bruckner are always filled with traffic. Wonder if Queens would be a faster route

The BXM9 is fine as it is

I wouldn't say that. The BxM7, 8 and 9 all deal with horrible traffic on the expressway. Obviously going through Queens is a terrible idea for the BxM9 because it would have to backtrack too much, but there should be a HOV lane for the express buses so they aren't sitting in that traffic.

I wouldn't say that. The BxM7, 8 and 9 all deal with horrible traffic on the expressway. Obviously going through Queens is a terrible idea for the BxM9 because it would have to backtrack too much, but there should be a HOV lane for the express buses so they aren't sitting in that traffic.

there needs to be some type of HOV lane on the Brunckner which could be enforced by Highway 4 (The Bronx) so that drivers would think twice to hit that lane. Simultaneously to what's done in Brooklyn.

there needs to be some type of HOV lane on the Brunckner which could be enforced by Highway 4 (The Bronx) so that drivers would think twice to hit that lane. Simultaneously to what's done in Brooklyn.

There needs to be HOV lanes on the Bruckner and the Deegan.  I've suggested this many times to elected officials that cover the express buses that use those areas and they've come up with every excuse as to why they can't make it happen, but it's long overdue. 

There needs to be HOV lanes on the Bruckner and the Deegan. I've suggested this many times to elected officials that cover the express buses that use those areas and they've come up with every excuse as to why they can't make it happen, but it's long overdue.

The travel times in The Bronx can be severely reduced if there are HOV lanes on the Deegan/Thruway and I-95 Bronx/Westchester portion. It can be done. All this dragging is totally nonsense IMO and plus the highways in the Bronx are big enough to handle this type of traffic flow especially with the express buses like the BxM7,8,9 and 10 that travel on I-95 and the Riverdale lines via I-87.

The travel times in The Bronx can be severely reduced if there are HOV lanes on the Deegan/Thruway and I-95 Bronx/Westchester portion. It can be done. All this dragging is totally nonsense IMO and plus the highways in the Bronx are big enough to handle this type of traffic flow especially with the express buses like the BxM7,8,9 and 10 that travel on I-95 and the Riverdale lines via I-87.

It's dragging because we have representatives that are car centric, so they come up with these excuses.  Now it does take a lot of cooperation and time but it can be done.

Archived