Conductor Promotional Exam

rosiec412

My husband got demoted from Supply/Logistics to Cleaner back in 2014.  He immediately took the conductor promotional exam in 2014.  They are currently calling people from the established list.  He was number 265 on a list of about 600 something people.  Apparently only 60 or so people were called for 3 classes in April.  He was skipped over as well as many other people.  Does this have anything to do with his demotion?  He is still in "outstanding certification" on DCAS.  What are the odds of his number getting called?  Can he be reconsidered if all positions are not filled?

Try calling NYCT HR. Its located at 180 Livingston. When I had to get recertification 3 years ago I had to call them .

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip.  After you got reinstated on the list, you were hired?  Were you skipped due to a demotion or write up?

He's out of luck. That list has way been expired and for promotional, transit can use the civil service rule of 1 in 3 to disqualify individuals based on other factors even though they've passed a test. So his disciplinary record very well might have made transit skip him and move to the next individuals.

He's out of luck. That list has way been expired and for promotional, transit can use the civil service rule of 1 in 3 to disqualify individuals based on other factors even though they've passed a test. So his disciplinary record very well might have made transit skip him and move to the next individuals.

Way expired? Two more of his co-workers literally just got called off of it. Some of the classes havent even started yet.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

hey ms.mta how did it go for your husband did he get called for the class or is he still waiting

He was apparently denied for the 1in3 rule. He has a write up. He recently heard a possible rumor that they're going nack and calling some people who have a history of write up. What number are you?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I am sorry to hear that i am on the open competitive they stopped calling right before my list number but i hear they will resume calling when they finish with the promotional list i do wish your husband the best 

Archived