•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    - - - - -

Thoughts regarding 19/7 (B) Train Service

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
    95 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence St

Lawrence St
    • Pip
    • 317 posts
    • LocationAlong the busiest line in the subway system.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

So, if you all heard recently, some passengers wanted to make the (B) run on weekends as well for two reasons:

Provide more local service along Central Park West.

And to provide express service along the Brighton Line.

I have mixed feelings about this, what're your thoughts?

#2 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 27,040 posts
    • LocationRiverdale, NY & New York, NY

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:57 PM

Why don't you explain why you have "mixed feelings" first? 

BxM1-RIVERDALE1_zpsb9eeb015.gif

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN - BUY "MADE IN USA" PRODUCTS

#3 P3F

P3F
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,097 posts
    • LocationBroken Land

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

The (Q) can be quite slow, so it would be lovely to have the Brighton Express run on the weekends. In the summer, it can provide a faster ride to Coney Island.

#4 RR503

RR503
    • Pip
    • 238 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

I'm all for it. CPW waits on weekends are frankly obscene, especially when work is being done elsewhere on the © line. I don't ride Brighton often, but it would make sense to run the (B) just in terms of providing express service to the line.

Also, would it be possible to extend the (B) to Stillwell on summer weekends? It would be useful for those looking for a quick ride to the beach, no? 

Edited by RR503, 19 April 2017 - 06:21 PM.

SOS -- Save Our Subways!

#5 LongLiveRock

LongLiveRock
    • Pip
    • 84 posts
    • Locationthe Second Avenue Subway

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

Might as well just run the (D) local down CPW on weekends.

#6 Deucey

Deucey
    • Pip
    • 151 posts
    • LocationStaten Island

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

Might as well just run the (D) local down CPW on weekends.

Then you're taking away express service from Bronxites.

But that wait for a local on CPW is God awful. So yeah, I'm for it - (B) on weekends. Just makes sense - especially with delays related to the Cranberry tunnel reroute.

#7 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 27,040 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:40 PM

The (Q) can be quite slow, so it would be lovely to have the Brighton Express run on the weekends. In the summer, it can provide a faster ride to Coney Island.

Quite slow is not even fair.  It used to be a 45 minute ride to Sheepshead Bay from Midtown.  It's now over an hour easily with all of the stopping and waiting.  Really annoying.  We need to create a petition to force the (MTA) to implement this service.  It is long overdue and needed. I'm actually going to create one and spread it around for signatures.  

----

Complaint was just filed.  I'll get a petition going in the next day or so and put it up for signatures.  The next move is to contact elected officials in various areas to get their support for this. I have to think that a lot of people would love to have the (B) service (myself included) for all of the reasons that have been mentioned here. We need people to sign the petition though for this to have a chance, so everyone complaining... Sign it!

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8, 19 April 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#8 Lawrence St

Lawrence St
    • Pip
    • 317 posts
    • LocationAlong the busiest line in the subway system.

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

Oh I'm sorry, here's why I have mixed feelings:

On my experience; I believe 6th Avenue does not need a second express service on the weekends.

However, I greatly believe this would really help Central Park West local, and also for the passengers wanting to get to Coney Island, they could now have a faster trip down there since all the other lines to Coney Island are local.

#9 Around the Horn

Around the Horn
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 5,785 posts
    • LocationAcross the Verrazano from Shaolin Land...

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:54 PM

One big issue with the weekend (B): General orders aka weekend work

As much as I may want weekend (B) service, you can pretty much guarantee that some portion of the line is having work on it on any given weekend, the same issue that the (G) had on Queens Blvd and lead to its demise. 

I think increased (D) train service between Bedford Park Blvd and 2 Av in Manhattan or 9 Av in Brooklyn may be a better investment.

"Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alteration of night and day, and the ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and the changing of the winds and clouds made subservient between the heavens and the earth, there are signs for a people who understand"

"We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in oppression and denial of my right to exist." James Baldwin

M%2096%20St_zps56dx2ako.gif

"Mercury melted when the Sun rose,The storm struck when the heart sighed "I can't live without someone from the heart"-Dil Se

#10 Via Garibaldi 8

Via Garibaldi 8
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 27,040 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

One big issue with the weekend (B): General orders aka weekend work

As much as I may want weekend (B) service, you can pretty much guarantee that some portion of the line is having work on it on any given weekend, the same issue that the (G) had on Queens Blvd and lead to its demise. 

I think increased (D) train service between Bedford Park Blvd and 2 Av in Manhattan or 9 Av in Brooklyn may be a better investment.

I disagree. The (Q) is slammed now that it runs to 96th street and getting to South Brooklyn takes FOREVER.