•  

• You are viewing the forums as a guest. Register to gain access to all of our features.

Photo
    - - - - -
    Video(s)

Orion 7 CNG on the B103 Limited

• Please log in to reply
    9 replies to this topic

#1 Neko Boy With Glasse

Neko Boy With Glasse
    • Pip
    • 91 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:30 AM

Totally not an April Fool's Joke this time around... 😅

The Neko Boy With Glasses

#2 Around the Horn

Around the Horn
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 6,027 posts
    • LocationAcross the Verrazano from Shaolin Land...

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

Totally not an April Fool's Joke this time around...

LMAO the April Fools joke came true

"Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alteration of night and day, and the ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and the changing of the winds and clouds made subservient between the heavens and the earth, there are signs for a people who understand"

"We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in oppression and denial of my right to exist." James Baldwin

giphy.gif

"Mercury melted when the Sun rose,The storm struck when the heart sighed "I can't live without someone from the heart"-Dil Se

#3 Future MABSTOA

Future MABSTOA
    • Pip
    • 26 posts
    • LocationNYC

Posted 12 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

Must be on loan from Gleason

Sent from my LG-K428 using Tapatalk

#4 ShadeJay

ShadeJay
    • PipPipPip
    • 4,424 posts
    • LocationThird Avenue, the only "Major Avenue" that continues from Manhattan into The Bronx

Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

Must be on loan from Gleason

An NYCT bus can't loan to an MTA bus route like that. Plus these buses have SC decals.

FXaFnox.gif

Thanks to Lance for this wonderful designation that will never see daylight.

#5 Future ENY OP

Future ENY OP
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,013 posts
    • LocationEuclid Avenue (ENY), Nostrand Ave and JFK.

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

An NYCT bus can't loan to an MTA bus route like that. Plus these buses have SC decals.

.... So let's explain why Fresh Pond and Flatbush had to send buses to JFK for loan sometime last year.

Edited by Future ENY OP, 12 May 2017 - 06:01 PM.

#6 Around the Horn

Around the Horn
    • Veteran Member
    • PipPipPipPip
    • 6,027 posts
    • LocationAcross the Verrazano from Shaolin Land...

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

.... So let's explain why Fresh Pond and Flatbush had to send buses to JFK for loan sometime last year.

He's not saying it can't happen, but that there is an intricate process to get a NYCT bus ready for MTAB service and vice versa, that involves changing the radios and fireboxes and reprogramming the signs.

These particular buses are not loans from Gleason. They are officially Spring Creek's for the foreseeable future.

"Most surely in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alteration of night and day, and the ships that run in the sea with that which profits men, and the changing of the winds and clouds made subservient between the heavens and the earth, there are signs for a people who understand"

"We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in oppression and denial of my right to exist." James Baldwin

giphy.gif

"Mercury melted when the Sun rose,The storm struck when the heart sighed "I can't live without someone from the heart"-Dil Se

#7 Future ENY OP

Future ENY OP
    • PipPipPip
    • 1,013 posts
    • LocationEuclid Avenue (ENY), Nostrand Ave and JFK.

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

He's not saying it can't happen, but that there is an intricate process to get a NYCT bus ready for MTAB service and vice versa, that involves changing the radios and fireboxes and reprogramming the signs.

These particular buses are not loans from Gleason. They are officially Spring Creek's for the foreseeable future.

Copy copy. That's a mis-understanding on my part.

I only guessing some the best Orion 7 CNG's 2003/2004 are possibly staying and heading to SC and possibly CP since they both have CNG.

#8 Future MABSTOA

Future MABSTOA
    • Pip
    • 26 posts
    • LocationNYC

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Never knew spring creek to have Orion vii

#9 Neko Boy With Glasse

Neko Boy With Glasse
    • Pip
    • 91 posts
    • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:12 PM

Never knew spring creek to have Orion vii

They had the 2005-07 Orion VII OG Hybrids when they were first delivered but they all since have transferred to other MTA Bus Co depots to keep the SC local fleet all CNG.

The Neko Boy With Glasses

#10 Future MABSTOA

Future MABSTOA
    • Pip
    • 26 posts
    • LocationNYC

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:14 AM

Was confirmed today those Orion vii at Spring Creek came from Gleason. Gleason is getting rid of their whole fleet in preparation for the delivery of more of the new buses they have.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video(s)