How to see if a petition was submitted to DOT/MTA and it's status?

Deucey

So years ago I lived in the Fordham Hill Oval. When I left there in 2015, some residents were discussing a petition to have the Bx12 local extended from Sedgwick/Bailey to the Target center on 225th/Broadway to keep seniors from walking down Bailey's slippery and unlit sidewalks and just unsafe environ to go buy toilet paper, walking up Sedgwick by the VA hospital to Kingsbridge or through DeVoe Park to University Ave to ride the Bx3.

Haven't been to the Oval much since, but I haven't heard anything about this petition. Anyone know how to see if it was ever submitted?

So years ago I lived in the Fordham Hill Oval. When I left there in 2015, some residents were discussing a petition to have the Bx12 local extended from Sedgwick/Bailey to the Target center on 225th/Broadway to keep seniors from walking down Bailey's slippery and unlit sidewalks and just unsafe environ to go buy toilet paper, walking up Sedgwick by the VA hospital to Kingsbridge or through DeVoe Park to University Ave to ride the Bx3.

Haven't been to the Oval much since, but I haven't heard anything about this petition. Anyone know how to see if it was ever submitted?

That would depend on where it is placed.  That area is very hilly and annoying as a result. I've been through there with the BxM3 bus.  I'm surprised that people go all the way over to that Target in Marble Hill from there. Where are the closest supermarkets? All on Broadway? 

That would depend on where it is placed. That area is very hilly and annoying as a result. I've been through there with the BxM3 bus. I'm surprised that people go all the way over to that Target in Marble Hill from there. Where are the closest supermarkets? All on Broadway?

There's a crappy C-Town on Fordham and University, and a bunch of overpriced markets on Fordham and 207th, and some store was open under the Jerome Ave El at Fordham.

But that's still a long walk for people using canes. Plus, an Aldi opened up on 230th, so a 12 local extension doing a one-way loop West on 225th, north on Bway, East on 230th and south on Bailey gives folks access to better shopping than Fordham, better quality food and helps seniors.

There's a crappy C-Town on Fordham and University, and a bunch of overpriced markets on Fordham and 207th, and some store was open under the Jerome Ave El at Fordham.

But that's still a long walk for people using canes. Plus, an Aldi opened up on 230th, so a 12 local extension doing a one-way loop West on 225th, north on Bway, East on 230th and south on Bailey gives folks access to better shopping than Fordham, better quality food and helps seniors.

The problem that I see with this is how 230 and Broadway gets hit with traffic hard and adding another bus route to that intersection can cause problems. The eldery would still have to cross a rather unsafe street (The drivers are always turning right even if the light is not in their favor) in order to get to the Aldi's entrance at Kimberly and Broadway with the way you're suggesting the 12 to be placed. Most supermarkets in the area are at Broadway on 231 (a Foodtown and a Pioneer market) with the Stop and Shop at 234 by the Bx9.

It seems like a better option would be a Fordham Oval shuttle bus/van.  Why doesn't this co-op have that instead?  It's located in a very challenging area geographically (very hilly and isolated) and a shuttle bus makes the most sense rather than relying on Bx12.  

We have various buildings where I'm at in Riverdale with this set up. They run their own private shuttles to places people want to frequent.  It would be more reliable and could take folks exactly where they needed to go. As someone who lives in an isolated hilly neighborhood, I shop in Riverdale or in Manhattan.  Going down the hill to shop in the Bronx along Broadway is a challenge, not to mention the poor quality, but as you said a place like Aldi's despite usually being out of a ton of things still offers more options (i.e. organic at a good price) versus a place like C-Town.  That Shop & Stop is awful as well. Went there once and walked out and said never again would I consider shopping on Broadway, but I have much better options in Riverdale and much better transportation to go elsewhere than these folks do.  

It seems like a better option would be a Fordham Oval shuttle bus/van. Why doesn't this co-op have that instead? It's located in a very challenging area geographically (very hilly and isolated) and a shuttle bus makes the most sense rather than relying on Bx12.

We have various buildings where I'm at in Riverdale with this set up. They run their own private shuttles to places people want to frequent. It would be more reliable and could take folks exactly where they needed to go. As someone who lives in an isolated hilly neighborhood, I shop in Riverdale or in Manhattan. Going down the hill to shop in the Bronx along Broadway is a challenge, not to mention the poor quality, but as you said a place like Aldi's despite usually being out of a ton of things still offers more options (i.e. organic at a good price) versus a place like C-Town. That Shop & Stop is awful as well. Went there once and walked out and said never again would I consider shopping on Broadway, but I have much better options in Riverdale and much better transportation to go elsewhere than these folks do.

You would think that with a $800/month maintenance fee that they'd run a shuttle, but the Oval doesn't operate that way. I'm in the mindset there should be a shuttle to/from Bway/225th and to Fordham/Jerome, but the people who started the petition think (MTA) should do it.

Probably because a good percentage of residents there are current (MTA) employees and retirees.

The problem that I see with this is how 230 and Broadway gets hit with traffic hard and adding another bus route to that intersection can cause problems. The eldery would still have to cross a rather unsafe street (The drivers are always turning right even if the light is not in their favor) in order to get to the Aldi's entrance at Kimberly and Broadway with the way you're suggesting the 12 to be placed. Most supermarkets in the area are at Broadway on 231 (a Foodtown and a Pioneer market) with the Stop and Shop at 234 by the Bx9.

Worse comes to worse, they could jump on the Bx9 for a stop or two. I don't see adding a few buses per hour to the street as causing this massive congestion (if it were 231st I could see your point since you have the Bx1/10 stop eastbound over there, and the Bx7 has to turn left even though it's only one lane, so there's a lot more congestion). 

It seems like a better option would be a Fordham Oval shuttle bus/van.  Why doesn't this co-op have that instead?  It's located in a very challenging area geographically (very hilly and isolated) and a shuttle bus makes the most sense rather than relying on Bx12.  

We have various buildings where I'm at in Riverdale with this set up. They run their own private shuttles to places people want to frequent.  It would be more reliable and could take folks exactly where they needed to go. As someone who lives in an isolated hilly neighborhood, I shop in Riverdale or in Manhattan.  Going down the hill to shop in the Bronx along Broadway is a challenge, not to mention the poor quality, but as you said a place like Aldi's despite usually being out of a ton of things still offers more options (i.e. organic at a good price) versus a place like C-Town.  That Shop & Stop is awful as well. Went there once and walked out and said never again would I consider shopping on Broadway, but I have much better options in Riverdale and much better transportation to go elsewhere than these folks do.  

The thing is that a regular local route would benefit the entire area. Bailey runs alongside the Major Deegan, so while it's not as dense as other parts of The Bronx, you still have some apartment buildings further up where the residents are basically forced to walk to Kingsbridge Road or Fordham Road for bus service. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Bx24 used to cover that area (I forget whether it took Bailey to Kingsbridge or to Fordham, I'm pretty sure it was Fordham). For that matter, does anybody have the full routing from end to end? (I think it took Fordham-Bailey-231st, then took the Bx10 loop around the Henry Hudson Parkway service road, then took 253rd to Fieldston Road)

Anyway, ideally it would be nice if there was a route running the length of Sedgwick (say, starting at 170th & GC, then running down Shakespeare-168th-167th-Sedgwick and go all the way up to Kingsbridge. This would also allow the Bx11 to run straight across 170th to Plimpton/Ogden). I mention that because I remember a few times I had to go to the area by where the Bx18 turns at Sedgwick/Undercliff and it felt very isolated. Granted, with the Deegan over there, it's not that populated (matter of fact, the reason I was going over there was related to construction work), but for the (relatively) few residents there, it's very isolated. The problem is such a route would duplicate the Bx18 too much.

Anyway, as for the petition, those people need to be vocal. Sad to say, handing it to somebody at 347 Madison Avenue or 2 Broadway isn't going to yield much in results. They need to contact their community boards, local newspapers, and get people to physically go down and speak at the monthly board meetings if they expect to get actual results.

...Anyway, ideally it would be nice if there was a route running the length of Sedgwick (say, starting at 170th & GC, then running down Shakespeare-168th-167th-Sedgwick and go all the way up to Kingsbridge...

I thought the same, but the problem there is specifically the hilly s-curve on the southern side of Sedgwick and Fordham. The parking is horrendous, the street too narrow, and the traffic rate too high for any bus to get through there.

Bad enough that if a cop stops there no one is getting past; there was a time when a fire engine had to respond to a call over there and it took 5 minutes to navigate - even with drivers backing up the hill/going through the Fordham signal and gypsy cabs not flipping a bitch chasing fares for once.

They'd have to straighten out that ~700ft of Sedgwick to make that work.

The thing is that a regular local route would benefit the entire area. Bailey runs alongside the Major Deegan, so while it's not as dense as other parts of The Bronx, you still have some apartment buildings further up where the residents are basically forced to walk to Kingsbridge Road or Fordham Road for bus service. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Bx24 used to cover that area (I forget whether it took Bailey to Kingsbridge or to Fordham, I'm pretty sure it was Fordham). For that matter, does anybody have the full routing from end to end? (I think it took Fordham-Bailey-231st, then took the Bx10 loop around the Henry Hudson Parkway service road, then took 253rd to Fieldston Road).

You're bringing up something completely SEPARATE from the needs of these residents. Fordham Oval Hill is a LARGE gated co-op community with nine buildings spread out over quite a bit of land (at least seven acres). As such, it functions as a community within a community (it markets itself as such per the website), so even if there was a local bus service say on Sedgwick, some residents would still have to walk quite a bit just to get to the bus. Given the hilly topography and the size of the cooperative, a shuttle bus service would still make sense, in addition to the regular local bus service. We have several co-ops here in Riverdale with such a set up despite having local bus service nearby because of their location and/or the needs of the residents living there being very specific. All of them use vans to shuttle their residents around with something like service every 15-30 minutes depending on the time of the day. This could mitigate the street issues mentioned by Deucey since vans tend to be smaller. I definitely see them in my neighborhood, and they have become so popular with their residents that they have responded with additional service. Of course there are trips that the shuttle buses don't make, and for those occasions, the residents have the option of the express bus or the local bus.

The issue here is this place has tried to make itself exclusive by being a gated community, and yet it does not offer the services that come with being such a community. Hell if you look at other such cooperatives, not only do they provide shuttle bus service, but they also have their own amenities like banks, supermarkets and the like. This place needs to get with the times. Even the BxM3 could run better. I tutor in a co-op and use the BxM3 and get off right there and see how many people use the bus. Then there are likely folks that use the Metro-North station that have to schlepp up those annoying hills to get home. They just aren't vocal enough. In my area, people started petitions to expand shuttle bus service from the station so that they don't have to transverse tons of hills and stairs, and I don't blame them. I take the express bus there to avoid the hills and then walk down to Metro-North to get home, but there have been quite a few assignments that I have turned down in the vicinity because of the lack of transportation and hilly topography. That area along with University Heights and Morris Heights have some of the worst transportation options when you consider how hilly they are and how many step streets there are. It makes a huge difference in the desirability of neighborhoods, as they are indeed cut off from other areas.

You would think that with a $800/month maintenance fee that they'd run a shuttle, but the Oval doesn't operate that way. I'm in the mindset there should be a shuttle to/from Bway/225th and to Fordham/Jerome, but the people who started the petition think (MTA) should do it.

Probably because a good percentage of residents there are current (MTA) employees and retirees.

I was just about to say something about the maintenance fees... lol Those monies most likely go for building upkeep given the age of those buildings, and those large grounds that have to be maintained. Dare I say it, but they may be afraid that paying for such a service would blow a hole in that maintenance fee that would turn folks off. That complex is basically a middle class set up for folks looking for a reasonable deal, because the surrounding area isn't the greatest, especially as you go north by Kingsbridge Road, so they would be hard pressed to jack up the fees more without people wanting to abandon ship, but they need to figure out something.

I think it's really odd that this cooperative wasn't set up with good transportation to begin with. Look at some of the other planned areas like Parkchester, Co-Op City and the like. The fact that there is no local bus along Sedgwick dedicated to that corridor is very odd, so they have a point, but that doesn't excuse them not having their own shuttle bus service for such a large complex.

I was just about to say something about the maintenance fees... lol Those monies most likely go for building upkeep given the age of those buildings, and those large grounds that have to be maintained. Dare I say it, but they may be afraid that paying for such a service would blow a hole in that maintenance fee that would turn folks off. That complex is basically a middle class set up for folks looking for a reasonable deal, because the surrounding area isn't the greatest, especially as you go north by Kingsbridge Road, so they would be hard pressed to jack up the fees more without people wanting to abandon ship, but they need to figure out something.

I think it's really odd that this cooperative wasn't set up with good transportation to begin with. Look at some of the other planned areas like Parkchester, Co-Op City and the like. The fact that there is no local bus along Sedgwick dedicated to that corridor is very odd, so they have a point, but that doesn't excuse them not having their own shuttle bus service for such a large complex.

I don't think they needed it before. River Plaza is a new development (2004, I think) and before it was a warehouse, so no one had a reason to go there.

Plus, before that co-op was exclusively working families, so they either walked to the (4) or took the 12 to the (1) or the (A). Now that the demographic there has so many retirees, they need that shuttle, bug because they're cheap despite profligacy with that fee, they'd rather make (MTA) pay instead of adding $5/month to the fee for a shuttle.

But it makes sense since a good number of people on the 12 could use it to River Plaza instead of transferring and walking to get to the Target by Yankee Stadium.

I don't think they needed it before. River Plaza is a new development (2004, I think) and before it was a warehouse, so no one had a reason to go there.

Plus, before that co-op was exclusively working families, so they either walked to the (4) or took the 12 to the (1) or the (A). Now that the demographic there has so many retirees, they need that shuttle, bug because they're cheap despite profligacy with that fee, they'd rather make (MTA) pay instead of adding $5/month to the fee for a shuttle.

But it makes sense since a good number of people on the 12 could use it to River Plaza instead of transferring and walking to get to the Target by Yankee Stadium.

I moved to Riverdale in 2012, and most of Broadway wasn't a place to go.  The community board (CB8), which represents that area (Kingsbridge) along with the borough president has poured money into beautifying the entire commercial stretch, trying to make it a destination spot to stop folks from going to Manhattan and Westchester. One of the main concerns at the time for us in Riverdale was getting stuck in the traffic down there since the express buses come off of the Deegan to get to up the hills.  

I would say that the congestion at times can be really bad compared to before when the area wasn't that developed.  I think they should've thought things out better.  Nothing has really panned out in terms of the parking situation, nor the actual marketing of the strip. It was originally marketed to attract residents from Riverdale (hence the name Riverdale Crossing, even though it's actually in Kingsbridge) and no one from my area is really going down there because it's a pain to get to, parking is horrible (they tow cars like crazy down there), and the stores don't offer what they should, so most continue to go to Manhattan or Westchester.  However, in the case of Fordham Oval, I think their immediate options are worse (we do have two supermarkets in Riverdale (Central Riverdale and North Riverdale)), that while expensive, are an alternative to Westchester or Manhattan at least, but I think quality wise, I'd take my Key Food over that C-Town any day. With that said, having the Bx12 come down there would be a real challenge. I guess it could run via 225th with the Bx9, but the question is where does it turn around at so that it isn't stuck in traffic?  Aside from that, having it run via 225th only gives them access to Target, the Starbucks and whatever other stores are there (don't frequent them so I don't remember too well).  They would still need to walk to get to Aldi's and the other grocers further up on Broadway.

I've also went on the (MTA) website and asked them why the Q112 was consistently late? I've wondered if they have read that. Not sure if this is relevant information but I just wanted to put that out there.

Liberty Avenue....that should just say it all. Then you got the Lefferts Blvd Station construction that's backing up traffic.

I moved to Riverdale in 2012, and most of Broadway wasn't a place to go. The community board (CB8), which represents that area (Kingsbridge) along with the borough president has poured money into beautifying the entire commercial stretch, trying to make it a destination spot to stop folks from going to Manhattan and Westchester. One of the main concerns at the time for us in Riverdale was getting stuck in the traffic down there since the express buses come off of the Deegan to get to up the hills.

I would say that the congestion at times can be really bad compared to before when the area wasn't that developed. I think they should've thought things out better. Nothing has really panned out in terms of the parking situation, nor the actual marketing of the strip. It was originally marketed to attract residents from Riverdale (hence the name Riverdale Crossing, even though it's actually in Kingsbridge) and no one from my area is really going down there because it's a pain to get to, parking is horrible (they tow cars like crazy down there), and the stores don't offer what they should, so most continue to go to Manhattan or Westchester. However, in the case of Fordham Oval, I think their immediate options are worse (we do have two supermarkets in Riverdale (Central Riverdale and North Riverdale)), that while expensive, are an alternative to Westchester or Manhattan at least, but I think quality wise, I'd take my Key Food over that C-Town any day. With that said, having the Bx12 come down there would be a real challenge. I guess it could run via 225th with the Bx9, but the question is where does it turn around at so that it isn't stuck in traffic? Aside from that, having it run via 225th only gives them access to Target, the Starbucks and whatever other stores are there (don't frequent them so I don't remember too well). They would still need to walk to get to Aldi's and the other grocers further up on Broadway.

That's why my thought was run west on 225th, north on Broadway, east on 230th then south on Bailey. That would give access to Target and the Aldi.

To make it work DOT would need to redo the exit from the Deegan to 230th - but to be fair it needs to be redone anyway since you have Lights for the off/on ramps and at Bailey which causes the bulk of the traffic issue (red lines on the map).https://ibb.co/gpbv5k

But it can be done - with or without the ramp redesign on the east side of that junction.

Worse comes to worse, they could jump on the Bx9 for a stop or two. I don't see adding a few buses per hour to the street as causing this massive congestion (if it were 231st I could see your point since you have the Bx1/10 stop eastbound over there, and the Bx7 has to turn left even though it's only one lane, so there's a lot more congestion).

The thing is that a regular local route would benefit the entire area. Bailey runs alongside the Major Deegan, so while it's not as dense as other parts of The Bronx, you still have some apartment buildings further up where the residents are basically forced to walk to Kingsbridge Road or Fordham Road for bus service. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Bx24 used to cover that area (I forget whether it took Bailey to Kingsbridge or to Fordham, I'm pretty sure it was Fordham). For that matter, does anybody have the full routing from end to end? (I think it took Fordham-Bailey-231st, then took the Bx10 loop around the Henry Hudson Parkway service road, then took 253rd to Fieldston Road)

Anyway, ideally it would be nice if there was a route running the length of Sedgwick (say, starting at 170th & GC, then running down Shakespeare-168th-167th-Sedgwick and go all the way up to Kingsbridge. This would also allow the Bx11 to run straight across 170th to Plimpton/Ogden). I mention that because I remember a few times I had to go to the area by where the Bx18 turns at Sedgwick/Undercliff and it felt very isolated. Granted, with the Deegan over there, it's not that populated (matter of fact, the reason I was going over there was related to construction work), but for the (relatively) few residents there, it's very isolated. The problem is such a route would duplicate the Bx18 too much.

Anyway, as for the petition, those people need to be vocal. Sad to say, handing it to somebody at 347 Madison Avenue or 2 Broadway isn't going to yield much in results. They need to contact their community boards, local newspapers, and get people to physically go down and speak at the monthly board meetings if they expect to get actual results.

Until 1995, the 1st version of Bx24 cover said route, but from what I saw it vs what Larry Reuter saw it was two different things. It covered all of Bailey, then Sedgwick Ave before rolling with the Bx10 until 253 and ending at 256 & Fieldstone on a 6 day service. Service was 20 minute operation on weekdays and 30 minutes on Saturdays, based out of first KB, then Gun Hill then KB, but less patronage cost the bus it's life and was gone by 9/10/1995.

I would say bring make that route as the Bx14 and shorten it to 231st & Bway to cover the area if you wanted to go that way.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

That's why my thought was run west on 225th, north on Broadway, east on 230th then south on Bailey. That would give access to Target and the Aldi.

To make it work DOT would need to redo the exit from the Deegan to 230th - but to be fair it needs to be redone anyway since you have Lights for the off/on ramps and at Bailey which causes the bulk of the traffic issue (red lines on the map).https://ibb.co/gpbv5k

But it can be done - with or without the ramp redesign on the east side of that junction.

The lights are there to prevent cars that are either passing by the overpass or entering/exiting the Major Deegan to crash into each other. Altering the exits just to make way for a possible part time one way only extension (which is another problem with the proposal given that the MTA likes to run an extension in a similar route for both directions) on a bus would not work. Altering the area could cause more pains that it already has, and the traffic problem is more at Broadway entering onto 230 since cars and buses are trying to get into either street, especially those that are coming off Manhattan via the 225 St bridge.

Until 1995, the 1st version of Bx24 cover said route, but from what I saw it vs what Larry Reuter saw it was two different things. It covered all of Bailey, then Sedgwick Ave before rolling with the Bx10 until 253 and ending at 256 & Fieldstone on a 6 day service. Service was 20 minute operation on weekdays and 30 minutes on Saturdays, based out of first KB, then Gun Hill then KB, but less patronage cost the bus it's life and was gone by 9/10/1995.

I would say bring make that route as the Bx14 and shorten it to 231st & Bway to cover the area if you wanted to go that way.

Restoring a route than ran over 20 years ago makes no sense, given how poorly the current Bx10 performs, so having it follow the Bx10 after Sedgwick is non starter IMO, even if it ends at 231st. That area is already congested enough as it is, with the Bx7, Bx9 and Bx10 spending several lights trying to get through that intersection.  Throwing another bus into the mix and having it terminate there on top of everything else is just crazy.  If any other buses are to run through there, they need to do something about all of the taxis parked all over the place clogging up Broadway.  The congestion is just out of control and caused unnecessarily in most cases.

The lights are there to prevent cars that are either passing by the overpass or entering/exiting the Major Deegan to crash into each other. Altering the exits just to make way for a possible part time one way only extension (which is another problem with the proposal given that the MTA likes to run an extension in a similar route for both directions) on a bus would not work. Altering the area could cause more pains that it already has, and the traffic problem is more at Broadway entering onto 230 since cars and buses are trying to get into either street, especially those that are coming off Manhattan via the 225 St bridge.

No, they're there as a traffic control device and timed with the idea that Bailey is the dominant street in traffic flow due to the school on the Southeast side.

As the satellite image shows, you have a narrow strip between the exit intersection and the intersection with Bailey. Because of no right on red, and the short timer, the traffic there backs up to block the exit and EB 230 St back to Broadway - like how Fordham is backed up at the Deegan due to volume and the signal at Cedar.

https://ibb.co/intv6Q

230 St & Deegan needs to be rebuilt anyway just for traffic flow; the complication is the school, but making it to where going west on 230 is a two-part process - left on Bailey and another left to WB 230 makes the queue from Broadway and the SB Deegan manageable since only one signal is needed between the SB ramp and Bailey.

Apologies for the crap image - I used Aviary to edit it:

https://ibb.co/dRi1fk

The green is the new ramp; the red is the deleted (current) ramp. Comparing it to the satellite image from earlier, you see a better traffic flow is possible - especially if the new ramp allows thru-traffic onto EB 230 st at Bailey.

If this reconstruction is done by DOT, It solves the bunching issue for an extended Bx12 doing the turnaround loop there. If not, short turn some at Sedgwick and Bailey (as is done now) and run the 225/230 loop half-hourly.

No, they're there as a traffic control device and timed with the idea that Bailey is the dominant street in traffic flow due to the school on the Southeast side.

As the satellite image shows, you have a narrow strip between the exit intersection and the intersection with Bailey. Because of no right on red, and the short timer, the traffic there backs up to block the exit and EB 230 St back to Broadway - like how Fordham is backed up at the Deegan due to volume and the signal at Cedar.

https://ibb.co/intv6Q

230 St & Deegan needs to be rebuilt anyway just for traffic flow; the complication is the school, but making it to where going west on 230 is a two-part process - left on Bailey and another left to WB 230 makes the queue from Broadway and the SB Deegan manageable since only one signal is needed between the SB ramp and Bailey.

Apologies for the crap image - I used Aviary to edit it:

https://ibb.co/dRi1fk

The green is the new ramp; the red is the deleted (current) ramp. Comparing it to the satellite image from earlier, you see a better traffic flow is possible - especially if the new ramp allows thru-traffic onto EB 230 st at Bailey.

If this reconstruction is done by DOT, It solves the bunching issue for an extended Bx12 doing the turnaround loop there. If not, short turn some at Sedgwick and Bailey (as is done now) and run the 225/230 loop half-hourly.

That would complicate the traffic flow a lot more, especially during rush hours when lines of cars and trucks are in lines trying to get onto the Major Deegan. Having an exit ramp in a shorter distance from the original would cause more traffic at the highway as the shorter exit would cram a lot of cars than the longer exit ramp currently present. The heavy alteration would affect a lot more people that use the highway than benefit passengers of a part time extension.

Restoring a route than ran over 20 years ago makes no sense, given how poorly the current Bx10 performs, so having it follow the Bx10 after Sedgwick is non starter IMO, even if it ends at 231st. That area is already congested enough as it is, with the Bx7, Bx9 and Bx10 spending several lights trying to get through that intersection. Throwing another bus into the mix and having it terminate there on top of everything else is just crazy. If any other buses are to run through there, they need to do something about all of the taxis parked all over the place clogging up Broadway. The congestion is just out of control and caused unnecessarily in most cases.

You mean "last" ran

• 1 month later...

It seems like a better option would be a Fordham Oval shuttle bus/van. Why doesn't this co-op have that instead? It's located in a very challenging area geographically (very hilly and isolated) and a shuttle bus makes the most sense rather than relying on Bx12.

We have various buildings where I'm at in Riverdale with this set up. They run their own private shuttles to places people want to frequent. It would be more reliable and could take folks exactly where they needed to go. As someone who lives in an isolated hilly neighborhood, I shop in Riverdale or in Manhattan. Going down the hill to shop in the Bronx along Broadway is a challenge, not to mention the poor quality, but as you said a place like Aldi's despite usually being out of a ton of things still offers more options (i.e. organic at a good price) versus a place like C-Town. That Shop & Stop is awful as well. Went there once and walked out and said never again would I consider shopping on Broadway, but I have much better options in Riverdale and much better transportation to go elsewhere than these folks do.

Oh my god your killing me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] That Stop&Shop comment was Hillarious, I have tried to stop laughing but it's just so funny I just can't [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

Archived