Article: AirTrain LGA: Why it should not be built

Union Tpke

The obvious answer is to build an (N) extension but you pretty much have the wall of vallone there 

that needs to stop and they should leave my city, (some want to know why do i have shade for hipsters, I'll tell you why, why is the city essentially bending over backwards for them in my days either you assimilate or fall when you came to this city that's how my mom made it when she came to here from the Philippines via LA.)

Extending the (N) and (W) to Laguardia via 19 Avenue is pretty much the best answer to not only improve service for everyone, including those NIMBY's living alongside the proposed route, but it will also give tourists a one seat ride to Times Square. Also, if a new yard was built in Astoria, that could give (R) trains exclusive local service. One more thing, It would be a boon if the AirTrain had an additional connection to Roosevelt Avenue.

Here's a novel concept: ignore the NIMBYs and build it anyway. They'll either adjust or move somewhere else. That is how NYC has always worked. Sending the (N) or (W) to LaGuardia is the most obvious and sensible option.

Excellent Point!!! This city doesn't have the time to deal with NIMBY's. If the people living alongside the current elevated lines which are the (1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)<6>(7)<7>(A)(B)(D)  (F)(G)(J)(L)(M)(N)  (Q)(S) (both Franklin Avenue and Rockaway) (W) and (Z) don't have a problem with dealing with the noise, then those NIMBY's shouldn't have a problem with it either. We live in New York City for crying out loud!! The rest of the city has already moved on and we're falling behind, and NIMBY's are one of the major reasons on why our subway's are messed up 

Archived