Frequency on Q to increase (SAS)

Union Tpke

just because every line is crowded during rush hours doesn't necessarily mean they are often irregular. like I said, it's part of life that trains are crowded during rush hours. And SAS is only 3 stops which makes no difference in crowding on the Lex because of the Bronx. You can in theory max out capacity on the (Q) line between 57th Street and 96th Street and total ridership will still remain fairly crowded. No one should expect a much less crowded train during rush hours at all, ever

He's not saying it's irregular because it's crowded. He's saying it's irregular (i.e. The headways are longer than scheduled, followed by train bunching) and it's also busy and crowded.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not saying it's irregular because it's crowded. He's saying it's irregular (i.e. The headways are longer than scheduled, followed by train bunching) and it's also busy and crowded.

Thank you. That is what i mean.

just because every line is crowded during rush hours doesn't necessarily mean they are often irregular. like I said, it's part of life that trains are crowded during rush hours. And SAS is only 3 stops which makes no difference in crowding on the Lex because of the Bronx. You can in theory max out capacity on the (Q) line between 57th Street and 96th Street and total ridership will still remain fairly crowded. No one should expect a much less crowded train during rush hours at all, ever

Oh come on. I'm not that dumb. The point here is that (Q) trains are too crowded on SAS and it's messing up the scheduling.

Thank you. That is what i mean.

Oh come on. I'm not that dumb. The point here is that (Q) trains are too crowded on SAS and it's messing up the scheduling.

It's noticeable even on the South Brooklyn end of the line, where I've seen no southbound trains come for 15 minutes and then two or three come back-to-back.  It's a rare commute into Manhattan where I don't see at least one case of bunching as a result of delays from SAS trickling down the rest of the line.

It's noticeable even on the South Brooklyn end of the line, where I've seen no southbound trains come for 15 minutes and then two or three come back-to-back.  It's a rare commute into Manhattan where I don't see at least one case of bunching as a result of delays from SAS trickling down the rest of the line.

You're blaming the bunching on SAS huh? Well about the bunching that occurred before that?

You're blaming the bunching on SAS huh? Well about the bunching that occurred before that?

Manhattan in general. SAS has just exacerbated that, particularly weekends. When I would use 8 Street on the (N)(R) regularly, the (Q) used to pass by like clockwork pre-SAS. Now there are very noticeable gaps and bunching.

Bunching was always a problem before 2016 because of the (Q) going to Astoria on weekdays.  Now it is consistently a problem in part due to SAS, especially on weekends.  That along with construction has made the (Q) very irregular on weekends, as Around the Horn mentioned.  The crowding causes (N) and (Q) trains to arrive at Prince St at the same time when they're not supposed to.

Bunching was always a problem before 2016 because of the (Q) going to Astoria on weekdays.  Now it is consistently a problem in part due to SAS, especially on weekends.  That along with construction has made the (Q) very irregular on weekends, as Around the Horn mentioned.  The crowding causes (N) and (Q) trains to arrive at Prince St at the same time when they're not supposed to.

The (Q) and (N) also have different headways, so the trains are going to eventually bunch at Canal St. From what I've seen, I think the (N) ridership warrants 8 minute headways on weekends.

The problem here is that current (Q) is clearly having problems handling everyone on the line. The (Q) coming in to Lex-63rd during rush hour is packed the way the (6) used to be...

At least it's B division spec, how much more passengers can B division trains hold than A division?

Archived