2017-2020 Deliveries Revised: 1,776 Local, and 307 new Express buses

East New York

Lots of people have questions about new assignments and where buses will be going. As of late, the MTA has been doing a general assignment and making the detail final at the last minute on the fly as buses are coming in. For this current wave and the next, we have a general idea of where everything will be going. Of course as you all know, final fleet numbers and depot assignments are always are subject to change. Some fleet numbers, and depot assignments have not yet been confirmed while others have. For the purposes of this post, so everyone can get a general idea of what is on the horizon, we will have what's expected through 2020.

Revised 5/29/17, MTA Bus and updates now included. 1,776 local, and 307 Express buses.

Standard buses;

392 XD40's 7483-7849 for CS, EN, FB, FP, GA, UP, and a Possibility of MQ, 25 for Bus Company

251 LFS' 8504-8754 for GH, JA, KB, QV, YU

138 XN40's 673-810 for JG and WF

10 XDE40's 6906-6915 (for evaluation) MV and possibly EN, MQ, OF

275 Production XDE40's unassigned, pending for EN, MQ, MV, OF

5 BE40's 1300-1304 (for evaluation) GA

5 XE40's 1305-1309 (for evaluation) MQ

35 Production Electric buses. Possibly a split award, but final outcome still pending Test and Evaluation results.

*Note I am being told the electric buses will swap depots for phase 2 of the evaluation. Catalysts will go to Quill and the Xcelsiors will go to GA.

Articulated buses;

192 XD60's 5987-6178 for CS, GA(M) shuttle and possibly MQ afterwords, and OH, and LG for SBS

110 XN60's 1000-1109 for JG, and WF

92 LFSA's 5439-5530 for GH, KB, and possibly MQ and or OF

180 Diesel Articulated buses unassigned with 120 options remaining. Some of which will be hybrids.

10 XDE60 pilots for Test and Evaluation unassigned

5 Electric Articulated Buses for Test and Evaluation (Note BYD is the only current offering for electric artics, and Nova is in development of theirs.)

Options for the next artics will retire the D60's and may also depend where the last of the current artics orders are assigned. New number slots will also be needed for these buses, unless they are all 6179-6479 which is possible because the hybrids will be retired. 5531-5769 will also open up.

Also note there may be an order for up to 41 standard buses (25 base plus options) for MTAB, however, after the artics come in we may have a surplus of buses, so that's pending. It may also be expedited as a run of of the next XD order. 7850-7890

Spending on how everything works out by 2019 may depend on if the order for 200 Orion VII diesel buses from TTC remains part of the plans.

In addition to all that, we will definitely be adding more electric buses, and remain open to any other advanced fuel technologies. Nova would also like to provide an electric standard model, and BYD is currently the only provider of Articulated electric buses.

I will do a separate post for the next 307 Express buses this weekend. That one is pretty general because these assignments are solely based off who the order goes to. We will examine what it could look like if it's MCI, vs. what it could look like with more Prevosts. 50 of these buses are for NYCT, and the rest will be for Bus Company.

No it's just as is above but I forgot to add in LG so that's why there appears to be extra buses. As far as the rest, no typo, the numbers should all add up. And yes, tentively that's the TTC is the only place we can get 200 buses that are temporary and easy to maintain so costs won't rise too much.

Lots of people have questions about new assignments and where buses will be going. As of late, the MTA has been doing a general assignment and making the detail final at the last minute on the fly as buses are coming in. For this current wave and the next, we have a general idea of where everything will be going. Of course as you all know, final fleet numbers and depot assignments are always are subject to change. Some fleet numbers, and depot assignments have not yet been confirmed while others have. For the purposes of this post, so everyone can get a general idea of what is on the horizon, we will have what's expected through 2019.

1,317 buses, plus 190+ artic options and up to 41 standards for Bus Company.

Standard buses;

367 XD40's 7483-7849 for CS, EN, FB, FP, GA, UP, and a Possibility of MQ.

200 O7's 1400-1599 (L train supplement)

138 XN40's 673-810 for JG and WF

10 XDE40's 6906-6115 (for evaluation) MV and possibly EN, MQ, OF

75 Production XDE40 Hybrids 6907-6990 for MV

5 BE40's 1300-1304 (for evaluation) GA

5 XE40's 1305-1309 (for evaluation) MQ

*Note I am being told the electric buses will swap depots for phase 2 of the evaluation. Catalysts will go to Quill and the Xcelsiors will go to GA.

Articulated buses;

192 XD60's 5987-6178 for CS, GA(M) shuttle and possibly MQ afterwords, and OH, and LG for SBS

110 XN60's 1000-1109 for JG, and WF

92 LFSA's 5439-5530 for GH, KB, and possibly MQ and or OF

Options for the next artics will retire the D60's and may also depend where the last of the current artics orders are assigned. New number slots will also be needed for these buses, unless they are all 6179-6479 which is possible because the hybrids will be retired. 5531-5769 will also open up.

Also note there may be an order for up to 41 standard buses for MTAB, however, after the artics come in we may have a surplus of buses, so that's pending. It may also be expedited as a run of of the next XD order. 7850-7890

In addition to all that, we will definitely be adding more electric buses, and remain open to any other advanced fuel technologies. Nova would also like to provide an electric standard model, and New Flyer will be in the running for hybrid artics after the standard evaluation.

I will do a separate post for the next 307 Express buses this weekend. That one is pretty general because these assignments are solely based off who the order goes to. We will examine what it could look like if it's MCI, vs. what it could look like with more Prevosts. 50 of these buses are for NYCT, and the rest will be for Bus Company.

So that means the RTS will be gone by then.

Lots of people have questions about new assignments and where buses will be going. As of late, the MTA has been doing a general assignment and making the detail final at the last minute on the fly as buses are coming in. For this current wave and the next, we have a general idea of where everything will be going. Of course as you all know, final fleet numbers and depot assignments are always are subject to change. Some fleet numbers, and depot assignments have not yet been confirmed while others have. For the purposes of this post, so everyone can get a general idea of what is on the horizon, we will have what's expected through 2019.

1,317 buses, plus 190+ artic options and up to 41 standards for Bus Company.

Standard buses;

367 XD40's 7483-7849 for CS, EN, FB, FP, GA, UP, and a Possibility of MQ.

Hmmm, what current Yukon buses are getting replaced?

So that means the RTS will be gone by then.

Yep. By the time it's all said and done. We have 3 years left. 4 if Quill, EN, Ulmer and Flatbush make the expected stink about it. Quill and ENY along with LG will likely be the last, with the buses expected to retire out of Quill in what better be a parade with fireworks and the likes!!! Lol. Don't play with me MTA!!! #Message

The hybrids I'm guessing. Get rid of those and standardize the local fleet with Novas across the board. Or just send the other boros our first batch, lol.

There is a 100% chance that you are 99% right! Lol. We just have to see which way it goes! They could do a mix of both! You work there so you know how this goes my friend!

The last of the Hybrids there are probably going to be pushed out to BK/Manhattan

Bronx and Bus Compay are likely as well. Let's not forget LG is the only depot where management and some operators wants the RTS gone but other operators and many mechanics want them to stay. LG is the only depot with a weekend redirection, and Flatbush has them on night restriction which signals what the have is likely the last. We could even see some of the best 6400-6600's go to Bus Co. before they retire. They have held up MUCH better than expected now that MTA is the best hybrid maintainer in North American next to TTC, Seattle, Ann Arbor, and Washington DC.

ENY is planned to get some option artics at least for the B82 SBS.

Correct. That's why the SBS conversion was pushed back to 2018. The B15 (EN) is also slated to get 4700's from the Bronx. Many want new buses but if MTA keeps to my original post of standardized fleets, FB and EN will get those 4700's.

Ok I got a few questions....

Why is CS getting more XD40s? I didn't think they had any other diesels to replace.

Why is GH and KB getting more LFS?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

It should be obvious. To have a uniform fleet.  It makes it easier (at least in theory) to have just a few types of buses to upkeep.  Those hybrids will be pushed off to another depot to push out older buses.

Which hybrids are we talking about? I'm thinking about the ones that were first delivered on Staten Island back in 2008?

I mistook the post above yours.

The NGs down there are 8 years old. The NGs have at least 5 years left on them, maybe more.

Which hybrids are we talking about? I'm thinking about the ones that were first delivered on Staten Island back in 2008?

If you're referring to 6365-6689, those are the first hybrids. Those are 2002-2004. The ones that first started out in Staten Island (3800-3959) are all in Manhattan

If you're referring to 6365-6689, those are the first hybrids. Those are 2002-2004. The ones that first started out in Staten Island (3800-3959) are all in Manhattan

No, I'm thinking about the 3800s and up, hence my 2008 reference.  The 6300s - 6600s definitely need to go. I like the new buses because of the bright display screens.  It's annoying to have to squint to try to read that faded green signage.

I mistook the post above yours.

The NGs down there are 8 years old. The NGs have at least 5 years left on them, maybe more.

If maintained right. The way they run now, they look Iike they're the heart & soul of the TA (minus one:4619)

No, I'm thinking about the 3800s and up, hence my 2008 reference. The 6300s - 6600s definitely need to go. I like the new buses because of the bright display screens. It's annoying to have to squint to try to read that faded green signage.

That green signs are found 6365-6489. The other half have the orange signs.

Archived