2017-2020 Deliveries Revised: 1,776 Local, and 307 new Express buses

East New York

That green signs are found 6365-6489. The other half have the orange signs.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Yeah I know, but even so, they've been around for a while now, so I'm sure they'll be retiring them sooner rather than later.  The newer buses also offer better configurations inside (more room to stand than before).

Yeah I know, but even so, they've been around for a while now, so I'm sure they'll be retiring them sooner rather than later. The newer buses also offer better configurations inside (more room to stand than before).

The pre-07 OGs are next for retirement anyways. Looks like there is more than enough to not just kill the RTS, but almost everything under 6700. 6365-6489 reach their 15 yr mark at 2019, with 6490-6689 having until the early 2020's.

Not saying this is the case, and I may be off in my calculations, but could it be possible that after 2020, all pre-2008 buses are finished?

The pre-07 OGs are next for retirement anyways. Looks like there is more than enough to not just kill the RTS, but almost everything under 6700. 6365-6489 reach their 15 yr mark at 2019, with 6490-6689 having until the early 2020's.

Not saying this is the case, and I may be off in my calculations, but could it be possible that after 2020, all pre-2008 buses are finished?

This is just my personal read on things, but I don't see 6490 and up leaving just yet and I definitely don't see the 6600's leaving yet.

Just about. However, with the L train shutdown a few of the best will likely stay. The OG hybrids and RTS have had their lives extended.

Shade Jay, I agree with you 100%. The green signed buses (6365-6489) have gotten their 15 year mark. ATH, you might just get your wish.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Looking at the incoming buses are the XNE40's going to be diesel? Since the mta did say they were going to order like 219 of them.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

10 pilots for evaluation, and 75 production buses. Not sure where that 219 come from. MTA hasn't stated that.

On page 116 of the newly revised 2015-19 MTA Capital Program, item 03 says:

* Purchase 275 Hybrid-Electric Standard Buses, with $265.4 million listed under 2017

Perhaps they're planning on ordering 75 Hybrids, with future options?

See: http://web.mta.info/capital/pdf/WEB2015-2019Program_reduced.pdf

Interesting...

18739872_320285321738275_622120553254741

Ahh that 275! Lol. I didn't know that was actually out there already. The original plan was for diesels after the option order is complete, but with the governor pushing for more hybrids this is the new plan. Also makes sense for them to push the hybrid artic option forward now as well.

10 pilots allow for faster evaluation for the follow-up production order. The 200 is actually not options. Just a conversion of what was to originally be diesel, and now added to the previous hybrid base order. With that being said, it's likely the 275 buses will now have spit configurations to allow MTA more time to evaluate the Allison and BAE systems side by side fora long term basis.

Yes there will still be the 5/5 split for the evaluation pilots.

Now that the cat is out the bag, I didn't respond to anyone's post about pre-2008 buses being retired because yes, obviously they will with all these options on the table. Even if by some change politics get further involved and MTA is forced to cancel the pending deal with TTC , we still have 200 buses in-house that can take their spots and stay in service a bit longer. We can easily save 100 of the best RTS', and 100 of the best 1st Gen hybrids and that's that...

Edit: The rest of the updates and new information now on the first page, and more detail to come this week. Including the reflection for the hybrids and the looming question mark now over these Orion VII diesels once again. We will also get into the Hybrid-Electric Articulated Evaluation program, and I added MTA Bus and Express bus procurement to the overview.

Ahh that 275! Lol. I didn't know that was actually out there already. The original plan was for diesels after the option order is complete, but with the governor pushing for more hybrids this is the new plan. Also makes sense for them to push the hybrid artic option forward now as well.

10 pilots allow for faster evaluation for the follow-up production order. The 200 is actually not options. Just a conversion of what was to originally be diesel, and now added to the previous hybrid base order. With that being said, it's likely the 275 buses will now have spit configurations to allow MTA more time to evaluate the Allison and BAE systems side by side fora long term basis.

Yes there will still be the 5/5 split for the evaluation pilots.

Now that the cat is out the bag, I didn't respond to anyone's post about pre-2008 buses being retired because yes, obviously they will with all these options on the table. Even if by some change politics get further involved and MTA is forced to cancel the pending deal with TTC , we still have 200 buses in-house that can take their spots and stay in service a bit longer. We can easily save 100 of the best RTS', and 100 of the best 1st Gen hybrids and that's that...

Edit: The rest of the updates and new information now on the first page, and more detail to come this week. Including the reflection for the hybrids and the looming question mark now over these Orion VII diesels once again. We will also get into the Hybrid-Electric Articulated Evaluation program, and I added MTA Bus and Express bus procurement to the overview.

The XDE40's that are coming in are they going to be split with Allison and Bae?

The XDE40's that are coming in are they going to be split with Allison and Bae?

Correct. In addition to that with all the changes on the horizon, the XDE60's may be split as well. The original plan was for the MTA to order all Allison units. This however would not be smart for a test and Evaluation and was a major point that Cait stood by.

Also note the TTMG Roster is updated, all moves and transfers reflected as of 1 hour ago. Link can be found on the fist page of the Bus and Depots thread.

Correct. In addition to that with all the changes on the horizon, the XDE60's may be split as well. The original plan was for the MTA to order all Allison units. This however would not be smart for a test and Evaluation and was a major point that Cait stood by.

Also note the TTMG Roster is updated, all moves and transfers reflected as of 1 hour ago. Link can be found on the fist page of the Bus and Depots thread.

Ok thanks for the info

They only way they will compete with each other is in terms of fuel economy and I can tell you the ranking right now on all of them because there is no competition really. Each of them are in a different fuel class..

1. XDE40/XDE60 Allison

2. XDE40/XDE60 BAE

2. XN40/XN60

4. XD40/XD60

The stiff competition will actually be Allison vs. BAE for the 275 production buses, and the second option for the remaining 120 Artics.

Nova has been disqualified based on their pricing point. If they bring that down, they can get at least 10 of the 275 for evaluation, but it's not looking in their favor right now according to my documents.

They only way they will compete with each other is in terms of fuel economy and I can tell you the ranking right now on all of them because there is no competition really. Each of them are in a different fuel class..

1. XDE40/XDE60 Allison

2. XDE40/XDE60 BAE

2. XN40/XN60

4. XD40/XD60

The stiff competition will actually be Allison vs. BAE for the 275 production buses, and the second option for the remaining 120 Artics.

Nova has been disqualified based on their pricing point. If they bring that down, they can get at least 10 of the 275 for evaluation, but it's not looking in their favor right now according to my documents.

Thanks as always for the great info!! Any guesses as to where the new express buses will go (mostly, I'm curious if CP will see any piece of the new express pie)?

Thanks as always for the great info!! Any guesses as to where the new express buses will go (mostly, I'm curious if CP will see any piece of the new express pie)?

With or without East NY having info, you know CP is going to get some of those buses. Hell just with the QM5 and QM6 they put miles on those buses, so I'm sure they'll get their fair share. Truth be told, some B/O's I know out of Yonkers would tell me how CP had sent some of their buses up there to be fixed because they were backed up. CP has a lot of express bus lines so they're the equivalent of Eastchester Depot in Queens.

That is a fact. CP will definitely get some. There are actually enough to go around to all the depots, but how everything plays out will still likely depend on the bus model selected. And even they everything is subject to change as always. If every depot doesn't get a piece, BP, CP, EC, SC, and YO will.

Archived