Woman Slashed on Subway By Homeless Woman Near Grand Central

Homeless woman accused of rage-filled subway slashing

May 28, 2017 | 12:46pm | Updated

Victim Anna Martinez (left) is taken away in a stretcher while cops arrest the woman (right) who allegedly slashed her at Grand Central Terminal.G.N.Miller

A homeless woman slashed a mother who was with her baby in the face on a 5 train Sunday morning because the victim did not want to sit next to her, according to a high-ranking police source.

Victim Anna Martinez, 31, was on a southbound train with her one-year-old baby at around 11 a.m. She got up to move away from a homeless woman, who flew into a rage and stabbed her, the source said.

family.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=300&st

The victim’s parents and 1-year-old baby at Grand CentralG.N.Miller

“She didn’t want to sit next to a homeless person,” the source said, adding that the homeless woman was “acting erratically.”

Martinez’s mom Anna Flores broke down in tears describing what happened.

“My daughter [was] slashed in the face and she had her baby with her,” grieved Flores, who showed up to the scene with her husband to pick up the baby while Martinez was taken to the hospital. “I don’t believe this.”

Martinez, who suffered nerve damage, was taken to Bellevue Hospital where she received 30 stitches, the source said. The baby was in a stroller at the time, Flores said.

The attacker fled the train when it pulled into Grand Central. Police broadcast her description citywide — including the fact she was wearing a faded red, short-sleeve shirt with the number 10 on it — and she was arrested at the Port Authority Bus Terminal after cops spotted her acting erratically, the source said.

Source: http://nypost.com/2017/05/28/woman-slashed-on-subway-platform-at-grand-central/

She has the right to refuse to have person that looks kind of greasy sit next to her. I do the same as well. If that person smells, I'm moving away, plain & simple. You're not falling asleep or acting all crazy sitting next to me unless that person knows me. 99% of the time, drugs can do that to you big time and that's exactly what happened here.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Archived