Clark St Tunnel Reconstruction Weekend Service Changes Beginning 11:45 PM Friday, June 16

Union Tpke

Clark St Tunnel Reconstruction 

Weekend Service Changes 
Beginning 11:45 PM Friday, June 16 
until Spring 2018

In effect every weekend until 5 AM Monday 

FF_Clark_St_web_Brooklyn.jpg

4.png Service extended to New Lots Av to replace 3.png

5.png Service extended to Flatbush Av to replace 2.png

4.png and 5.png trains run local in Brooklyn

Clark St and Hoyt St stations closed; use nearby Borough Hall and Nevins St  4.png5.pngstations

Transfer at Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr for n.pngq.pngr.png to Manhattan

FF_Clark_St_web_Manhattan.jpg

2.png Service runs between the Bronx and South Ferry* making local stops between 
34 St-Penn Station and South Ferry

3.png Service runs between 148 St and 14 St

Park Place and Wall St stations closed; use nearby Brooklyn Bridge and Wall St 4.png5.pngstations

Free out-of-system transfer available between South Ferry 1.png2.png and Bowling Green 4.png5.png stations

Transfer between 1.png2.png and r.png at South Ferry-Whitehall St

Transfer at Times Sq-42 St for n.pngq.pngr.png to Brooklyn

* Weekends: Jun 16-19 and Jun 23-26, Rector St is the last stop for downtown 2.png trains.

weekend_service_downtown_Manhattan.jpg weekend_service_downtown_Manhattan_Wrok_ 

ridership is light on the 2&3 lines in BK on weekends, it's easy to get a seat especially on the 3. It won't be that bad.

the New Lots branch is just as busy as the Flatbush branch all the time though, so i wouldn't say it's easy to get a seat on the (3). even in Manhattan it's crowded due to people traveling within Manhattan, leaving all the Bronx riders for the (2). the (3) is also even much more crowded whenever the (4) is shut down between Brooklyn Bridge and Utica, so chances are much more likely that the (4) will be overcrowded between Brooklyn and Manhattan throughout its route whenever the Clark Street Tubes shut down, same can be said for the (5)

the New Lots branch is just as busy as the Flatbush branch all the time though, so i wouldn't say it's easy to get a seat on the (3). even in Manhattan it's crowded due to people traveling within Manhattan, leaving all the Bronx riders for the (2). the (3) is also even much more crowded whenever the (4) is shut down between Brooklyn Bridge and Utica, so chances are much more likely that the (4) will be overcrowded between Brooklyn and Manhattan throughout its route whenever the Clark Street Tubes shut down, same can be said for the (5)

The (4) operates at a higher frequency than the (3), so it might not be as crowded.

I used to take the 2/3 home on weekends from lower Manhattan to BK, I always easily got a seat on the 3.

Point is, trains leaving Wall St going into BK weren't crowded, this was around 7pm btw. The Q going into BK always was SRO when it left Canal St at the same time period.

I also fanned this G.O when they had it last summer and the trains weren't overcrowded in BK.

I used to take the 2/3 home on weekends from lower Manhattan to BK, I always easily got a seat on the 3.

Point is, trains leaving Wall St going into BK weren't crowded, this was around 7pm btw. The Q going into BK always was SRO when it left Canal St at the same time period.

I also fanned this G.O when they had it last summer and the trains weren't overcrowded in BK.

The (2) Train section in Brooklyn is in fact really busy on Weekends especially at Church Avenue.

well that's no longer the case as subway ridership continues to grow yearly and I always go to church with my family every weekend when I take the (2)(3) from my hometown in Harlem to Franklin Avenue. trust me, the trains are still crowded east of Franklin Avenue when I get off there

the (4) and (5) may run every 8 minutes each for this shutdown, and even then, trains will still be crowded with not only East Side customers but West Side customers as well

On a side note, I wonder if Transit will ever fix that glitch on SubwayTime where the trains show up as (5) trains via 7th Avenue and (2) trains via Lexington Ave. Probably not, seeing as it's only been five years or so since this error has popped up.

On a side note, I wonder if Transit will ever fix that glitch on SubwayTime where the trains show up as (5) trains via 7th Avenue and (2) trains via Lexington Ave. Probably not, seeing as it's only been five years or so since this error has popped up.

You should probably report the bugs, since if it's persisted that long they may not even know it exists.

So all of the sudden the MTA is ok with the (2) stopping at the South Ferry loop?

Yea, for once they trust their (2) conductors who also do other lines, so idk why they wouldn't trust them in the first place. Literally there's a big ass sign that says "open cars in the front section only" or "first 5 cars only". Whichever conductor doesn't see that, they shld be fired immediately. It literally couldn't be bigger.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Could it have been possible to send the (2) to SF, then up to Bowling Green, then into Brooklyn? And didn't they try that before?

yeah for a overnight G.o, I don't they would want to do that during the day cause the t/o has to change ends at wall Street to go to BK.

Archived