Mayoral hopeful Paul Massey wants to F with the G train

Lol what for?

The Port Authority is legally not allowed to finance anything that isn't a port (seaport/airport) or a harbor crossing and its immediate approaches, and the Pulsaki skyway is most definitely not an immediate approach. The PA sold bonds to fund Pulaski without divulging that this could be illegal to investors, which is where the SEC comes in. They settled with the Port Authority after finding guilt in an investigation.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall and see how Joe Lhota reacts if Paul Massey were to discuss this incredibly stupid proposal with him. I can hear Lhota laughing at Massey now!

But on a more serious note...

Which is why for the shutdown, I would in that scenario look to have the (G)(M) and (R) all run local to 179 with the provision as needed any local train can be moved to the express track after Parsons Boulevard to reduce any conga lines there.

It's been explained to you on far more than one occasion why having the (G), (M) and (R) all run local to 179 during the shutdown is neither necessary nor workable. Yet you persist in bringing it up every time the (L) train tunnel shutdown comes up. Sending the (G) all the way to 179 - making all local stops, mind you - will require far more trains than the (G) currently runs because not only does it already have to run more frequently to accommodate the displaced (L) riders, under your proposal it has to go a million miles out of the way and accommodate the heavy crowds of Queens Blvd local passengers riding to the nearest express stop. And what about the extra trains that will be needed for the (M) line, so it can handle the displaced (L) riders coming from deeper into Brooklyn? Where are we going to get the cars for that with this super-long (G). Lastly,let's not forget about the (R) train's notoriously unreliable service. I can't imagine it getting any better if it's extended to 179th St with three other services terminating there, including the (F).

Speaking of the (F), do you really riders east of 71st Ave want to have only Queens Blvd local trains stopping at those local stations after having the (E) and (F) express trains for so many years? The (R) stopped at these very same stations back in the early 1990s. It didn't last very long. It's easy to see why.

The Port Authority is legally not allowed to finance anything that isn't a port (seaport/airport) or a harbor crossing and its immediate approaches, and the Pulsaki skyway is most definitely not an immediate approach. The PA sold bonds to fund Pulaski without divulging that this could be illegal to investors, which is where the SEC comes in. They settled with the Port Authority after finding guilt in an investigation.

Can they use the argument that the vast majority of cars on the Pulaski Skyway are going to and from the Holland Tunnel?

But didn't they already site one of the reasons for previous toll hikes was for financing one world trade?

One World Trade is technically the old Hudson Terminal for PATH, and since PA bought PATH wholesale it also bought Hudson Terminal.

There's no debate about the Pulsaki Skyway deal, it was already deemed illegal by the SEC.

The New York Post has just reported that Paul Massey has pulled out of the race for mayor after appearing in a debate with Nicole Minotaksis (please forgive the spelling) in front of Crain's New York Business forum just a couple of hours ago. This is a good move as it eliminates the possibility of a Republican primary in September (if one other candidate will do the same thing) and will enable the Republican candidate not to have to worry about a primary.that would set her candidacy back three months. 

One other update as this year, there are Republican candidates for Public Advocate (JP Polanco),and Michael Faulkner for Comptroller along with Vito Bruno for Brooklyn Borough President. In the 2013 election, the Republican Party did not field a candidate for any of these offices.

The New York Post has just reported that Paul Massey has pulled out of the race for mayor after appearing in a debate with Nicole Minotaksis (please forgive the spelling) in front of Crain's New York Business forum just a couple of hours ago. This is a good move as it eliminates the possibility of a Republican primary in September (if one other candidate will do the same thing) and will enable the Republican candidate not to have to worry about a primary.that would set her candidacy back three months. 

One other update as this year, there are Republican candidates for Public Advocate (JP Polanco),and Michael Faulkner for Comptroller along with Vito Bruno for Brooklyn Borough President. In the 2013 election, the Republican Party did not field a candidate for any of these offices.

To be fair Malliotakis did not look very good in that debate either. Some of her answers on transportation issues have me scratching my head,  since she's on the Ways and Means committee which oversees the way MTA (and the state) spends money, she should know this stuff...

Around the horn is raising a very good point  and I plan to do some further research on the subject.  In addition I would appreciate any reference to additional citations where further information could be found on Nicole views on all other subjects so that I could share them with others. For example, the Wall Street Journal had an article on her on the second page of its New York Section which helped give me a better idea of her views and one that I shared with a friend.

The reason that bought up the issue of the primary was the time factor as if a candidate has to expend a lot of time and energy in terms having a primary and then competing in the general election less than two months away, it hurts the candidate. Now she has an additional two months to sell herself to the voters. It is also gives the members of the forum time to ask her the in-depth questions on transit and to post her responses for all of us to read here..

I was asked to sign a petition for someone who is running for mayor who i never heard of as well. I was given one of those palm cards with his name and promptly checked his name on the internet where I found out that he has run on another party line in other states for different offices. I told it to a friend who went to the library and verified what I had said. Needless to say, neither of us signed his petition. 

Check the New York City Board of Elections Website as it lists all the candidates for mayor, their parties and whether they are running or not and then use the internet to find out the rest of the information about them. 

What if the (G) went to 14th street on 8th avenue via cranberry? (Btw don't think I'm serious here lol)

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

So which subway line's riders would be getting the bad news that their service is getting cut to make room for the (G)? And where would it terminate once on 8th Ave? You can't terminate (G) trains at 14th St while running the (A) through.

So which subway line's riders would be getting the bad news that their service is getting cut to make room for the (G)? And where would it terminate once on 8th Ave? You can't terminate (G) trains at 14th St while running the (A) through.

Can the middle track south of Penn Station be used to turn trains?

It's possible but ill-advised.

As this proposal is as dead as the Massey's mayoral bid, this thread is now locked. Please continue any proposals discussions in the appropriate thread.

Thanks.

Archived