Cuomo To MTA: Consider Discounts For Subway Riders - Delayed Riders Jump On Tracks

Arrest them all for trespassing and public endangerment. Especially the fool from the F train. Make an example of them now and nip it in the bud fast...

yes for those that walked out from the 12-9 could have possibly contaminated the crime scene?

Easy for you to say. You're not delayed for work. This is not a joke. People need the subway to get to work to feed their families and their bosses are not going to keep accepting the my train was delayed excuse. At some point you either show up on time or you're fired. It's that simple. There has been absolutely NOTHING that has improved in terms of lessening delays since Hakim's $20 million dollar announcement to improve service, and this is a form of protest by the riders. (MTA) get with it! Enough is enough! If anything, the delays are worsening. Thank God the media is focusing on this because it's ridiculous. People are spending too much time commuting because of the (MTA) and they're fed up. All we're seeing is HIGHER fares every two years, and LONGER commutes.

Easy for you to say. You're not delayed for work. This is not a joke. People need the subway to get to work to feed their families and their bosses are not going to keep accepting the my train was delayed excuse. At some point you either show up on time or you're fired. It's that simple. There has been absolutely NOTHING that has improved in terms of lessening delays since Hakim's $20 million dollar announcement to improve service, and this is a form of protest by the riders. (MTA) get with it! Enough is enough! If anything, the delays are worsening. Thank God the media is focusing on this because it's ridiculous. People are spending too much time commuting because of the (MTA) and they're fed up. All we're seeing is HIGHER fares every two years, and LONGER commutes.

I agree we NEED to stop telling people to leave the house earlier every time the MTA screws up, what now everyone should leave 3 hours of padding in their schedule just because MTA couldn't handle the ridership problem? Is everyone suppose to get fired because the train couldn't work properly everyday? But those dozen people are also in the wrong. 10 min delay is everyday delays on the MTA, I experienced multiple delays that are usually more than 10 min long. Most likely they did it for the fame... Talk about it what about the rest of the people on the train, now instead of 10 min it's now 1 hours due to the precautions crew members need to take because some people can't wait 10 mins and cause even a bigger delay for the other 200 pax. The point is there's nothing either MTA or the riders could do at this point, it's on Cuomo and DeBlasio to take leadership position and FORCE the MTA to expedite the signal repair work, because otherwise MTA would just take their sweet time...

I agree we NEED to stop telling people to leave the house earlier every time the MTA screws up, what now everyone should leave 3 hours of padding in their schedule just because MTA couldn't handle the ridership problem? Is everyone suppose to get fired because the train couldn't work properly everyday? But those dozen people are also in the wrong. 10 min delay is everyday delays on the MTA, I experienced multiple delays that are usually more than 10 min long. Most likely they did it for the fame... Talk about it what about the rest of the people on the train, now instead of 10 min it's now 1 hours due to the precautions crew members need to take because some people can't wait 10 mins and cause even a bigger delay for the other 200 pax. The point is there's nothing either MTA or the riders could do at this point, it's on Cuomo and DeBlasio to take leadership position and FORCE the MTA to expedite the signal repair work, because otherwise MTA would just take their sweet time...

Actually the media continues to focus on this and I think it's great. We NEED a functioning system. Our economy depends on it, and peoples' jobs depend on it. We can't keep talking about how this is the best system because it runs 24/7 when it now takes double the time to do the same commute. In this case, it's not about the 10 minutes. People are losing faith in the system, one that they don't feel they can trust to get them from point A to point B safely, and that cannot be dismissed. Everyone saw those subway riders trapped on that (F) train, and now any time people are stuck they're thinking I am not going to be stuck like that. We're in summer now. Just imagine that happening again with no AC. Scary all around. You also have people that quite frankly are fed up with leaving earlier and earlier. A good portion of people are now commuting up to an hour or more each way and that takes its toll after a while. That in itself is a job.

Actually the media continues to focus on this and I think it's great. We NEED a functioning system. Our economy depends on it, and peoples' jobs depend on it. We can't keep talking about how this is the best system because it runs 24/7 when it now takes double the time to do the same commute. In this case, it's not about the 10 minutes. People are losing faith in the system, one that they don't feel they can trust to get them from point A to point B safely, and that cannot be dismissed. Everyone saw those subway riders trapped on that (F) train, and now any time people are stuck they're thinking I am not going to be stuck like that. We're in summer now. Just imagine that happening again with no AC. Scary all around. You also have people that quite frankly are fed up with leaving earlier and earlier. A good portion of people are now commuting up to an hour or more each way and that takes its toll after a while. That in itself is a job.

I understand people's frustration, I ride the subway too, and getting stuck in a tunnel (esp in a hurry) is really really stressful. But imagine EVEN one of the people decided to walk on the track, now MAYBE the signal problem is fixed, now the third rail is off... What does that mean? No light, No AC, and a EVEN longer delay for the rest of us who actually stayed on the train. The most unfortunate part is that there really is NO alternative to travel around this city. If this was some other American city, people will start driving already.

I understand people's frustration, I ride the subway too, and getting stuck in a tunnel (esp in a hurry) is really really stressful. But imagine EVEN one of the people decided to walk on the track, now MAYBE the signal problem is fixed, now the third rail is off... What does that mean? No light, No AC, and a EVEN longer delay for the rest of us who actually stayed on the train. The most unfortunate part is that there really is NO alternative to travel around this city. If this was some other American city, people will start driving already.

People are using alternatives. It's called Uber or driving. My girlfriend hates the subway as it is and tells me about Uber deals she uses. In some cases, you can pay roughly the cost of a subway ride to ride in comfort via carpooling, and you may have a cab to yourself. Only delays are traffic related, but you're in a new air conditioned car, so people are definitely voting with their feet.

People are using alternatives. It's called Uber or driving. My girlfriend hates the subway as it is and tells me about Uber deals she uses. In some cases, you can pay roughly the cost of a subway ride to ride in comfort via carpooling, and you may have a cab to yourself. Only delays are traffic related, but you're in a new air conditioned car, so people are definitely voting with their feet.

But if everyone uses uber you can forget about going anywhere in NYC, we might just become the biggest island of parking lot called Manhattan, then you'll have people walking on the highway lol.

But if everyone uses uber you can forget about going anywhere in NYC, we might just become the biggest island of parking lot called Manhattan, then you'll have people walking on the highway lol.

We already are. If you're in Manhattan after the rush, you can see how many people are ditching the subway. I can be on 6th Avenue at 23:00 and be amazed at the amount of congestion on the roads. Just like rush hour...

and did you see the article where cuomo wants the city to contribute MORE?

Yeah that guy want us to contribute more to HIS pet project, not for any non fancy signal project. The city contributed more and got a delay in second Av Subway Phase II...

We already are. If you're in Manhattan after the rush, you can see how many people are ditching the subway. I can be on 6th Avenue at 23:00 and be amazed at the amount of congestion on the roads. Just like rush hour...

We got to do something about the conditions of the subway though. Increasing congestion is never a good thing.

i get it but if the gangway cars people won't be doin this crap 

You ride the subway to work all week?

Arrest them all for trespassing and public endangerment. Especially the fool from the F train. Make an example of them now and nip it in the bud fast...

They should station officers at the following stop or the stop before, whenever a train gets stuck in the tunnel, then pull everybody aside if someone us caught walking through the tunnel.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

If it's not to late to throw my three cents in subway riders who commit acts such as going into unrestricted areas is a huge part of why the system is falling apart. There were photographers that were killed while riding just to get a good photo. I can send you a countless number of Facebook/Instagram links. If they want to risk thier lives for amusement or anything else that's on them just don't ruin commutes for people that are just trying to be get thier location as consistently and safely as possible.

If it's not to late to throw my three cents in subway riders who commit acts such as going into unrestricted areas is a huge part of why the system is falling apart. There were photographers that were killed while riding just to get a good photo. I can send you a countless number of Facebook/Instagram links. If they want to risk thier lives for amusement or anything else that's on them just don't ruin commutes for people that are just trying to be get thier location as consistently and safely as possible.

I didn't hear of that photographer story. Have you seen those people that climb buildings and record the video of them at the top walking on ledges, etc!?

I didn't hear of that photographer story. Have you seen those people that climb buildings and record the video of them at the top walking on ledges, etc!?

Those are pure adrenaline junkies. If they were gonna fall, it really wouldn't affect anyone unless they landed on top of them. In the subway, if someone gets struck, it affects that entire line and lines that run around it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Archived