Cuomo Taps Joe Lhota As MTA Chairman

Gov. Cuomo reportedly taps Republican Joe lhota as next MTA chairman

mta-announcement.jpg
Former Chairman of the MTA and currently a member of the Penn Station Taskforce Joe Lhota.  (ANTHONY DELMUNDO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS)
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Wednesday, June 21, 2017, 8:55 PM

ALBANY — Gov. Cuomo was set Wednesday night to appoint former MTA Chairman Joe Lhota to his old post, a source with knowledge of the pick told the Daily News.

Lhota, a Republican, served as MTA chairman and CEO under Cuomo from November 2011 to December 2012, when he left to mount an unsuccessful run for mayor. He lost to Mayor de Blasio.

Cuomo on Wednesday also sent up a bill to split the MTA chairmanship and CEO positions into two separate ones, though it was unclear when it might be taken up.

It was also unclear Wednesday what will happen to acting MTA Executive Director Ronnie Hakim.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gov-cuomo-reportedly-taps-joe-lhota-mta-chairman-article-1.3267041

I seriously doubt that Mr. Lhota will be running in the mayoral primary this year or any other primaries in the coming years.My opinion is that he has had it with running for any office, however, this is one of those jobs where the pay is good and since he has had previous governmental service, it is an opportunity to boost up the retirement.pay.

I seriously doubt that Mr. Lhota will be running in the mayoral primary this year or any other primaries in the coming years.My opinion is that he has had it with running for any office, however, this is one of those jobs where the pay is good and since he has had previous governmental service, it is an opportunity to boost up the retirement.pay.

He's actually only taking a $1 a year because he's keeping his position with NYU Langone Medical Center as SVP (Senior Vice President). I can attest to how busy NYU Langone is these days. Tons of research going on there... I like him a lot. He's a no nonsense guy. Saw him in person one evening years ago while waiting for the BxM18 bus.

Of course, the media will never state that Mr. Lhota was taking the job for $ 1 per year and keeping his existing job.If the information was released before his nomination was presented, then it can be assumed that he is taking a role similar to Richard Ravitch did over 30 years ago. It  also helps to explain the speed that the New York State Senate acted in approving his appointment to the position.

I audibly gasped when I read this news. I could not be happier about this. He'll indeed need cooperation from the Guv to do what needs to be done, but I have little doubt he'll at least know what needs to be done.

Of course, the media will never state that Mr. Lhota was taking the job for $ 1 per year and keeping his existing job.If the information was released before his nomination was presented, then it can be assumed that he is taking a role similar to Richard Ravitch did over 30 years ago. It  also helps to explain the speed that the New York State Senate acted in approving his appointment to the position.

Actually uh, http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/gov-cuomo-brings-back-joe-lhota-run-mta-article-1.3267387

Rather than serve in the traditional role as chairman and chief executive officer, Lhota will instead hire an executive director to handle the day-to-day work. Lhota, who said he will accept $1 a year to serve as board chairman, will keep his job as senior vice president at NYU Langone Medical Center.

Archived