General Employment Questions...

Shinabee65

Hi guys, I was wondering when are we going to start getting our list #? and my second question is, the exam # 7612 filing period is close, is there any chance that I can get to file for this exam. thanks.

As far as your list numbers, I would say at least six [6] months. Keep in mind that the BOSS is going to be in December as per the Notice of Examination.

Second, since the filing period is closed, there is no way that you can file for Exam # 7612.

Sorry...

Thank you so much for the respond. so when is the next filling period for the mta nyct bus ?

You're welcome. As far as the next filing period, if I had to take an educated guess, I would say at least another two years.

Keep in mind that there are factors which can either speed up or delay my educated guess. Some of these factors are:

-How many people successfully pass both the civil-service exam in October and the BOSS exam (Remember Exam 2613 in which only **3,600** people passed??)

-The need for more Bus Operators as time involves (due to terminations, retirements, promotions, service changes, etc.)

-How many people will pass training and the probationary period (click here for some statistics)

** = estimation

Hi guys, How often does the promotional train exam comes out for filling.

Ideally, any civil service exam, including those for NYC Transit (B/O [bus Operator], Promotional T/O [Train Operator], C/R [Conductor], etc.) comes out every four [4] years. As I stated in post #4, there are factors as far as whether this amount of time will increase or decrease.

As an example, if you look at this link, you'll see that the filing period for Track Worker (Exam #3600) was back in 2012 and the exam was given close to eight months later. Now if you look at this link, you'll see that the filing period for the next Track Worker Exam (#8600) will be this **October**, close to 5 years after the previous filing period, with the actual examination being administered sometime in 2017, close to four [4] years after the previous exam was administered.

** = subject to change; check the website periodically for updates.

Got it?

• 1 month later...

I have an issue and wanted to ask to see if anyone out there had any answers for me . This seems like the best forum to post it in though I also posed the same in the forum for the actual exam ... here goes and please any answer would be greatly appreciated ... I apologize if this isn't the right place for this post ... I got my preemployment letter for conductor to report Monday to 180 livingston. the issue is is that I actually got sworn in about a week ago for Station Agent to start on Monday. I received the letter this afternoon for pre enploymwnt for conductor. I took my drug test for Station Agent on July 31. I don't really know what to do here . I mean I have to report to 130 Livingston Monday for orientation for Station Agent at 8am. But I also was called to report for conductor at 730 at 180 livingston. Am I going to have to drug test again ? Is it considered a promotion ? Will they let me go straight to the the medical since technically I am already an employee ? I didn't have to do a medical for Station Agent but I do for conductor therefore I know that I have to clear the medical before it is official. Do I go to orientation and show them the letter ? Do I go to 180 at the crack to tell them I have to report to 130 for orientation? Am I going to have to abandon Station Agent to be able to complete pre employment for conductor ? I mean I left my job to start with Transit and I can't be jobless to see if this pans out . Does anyone have any idea what would be the best thing for me to do here ? I know that regardless I am going to be there super early to either go to 130 or to 180 and tell them what's going on but I don't want to mess up one opportunity for another and stay without a job in the end . Someone please help and thank you

Conductors get paid a little more than Station Agents.

Both titles are Customer Service intensive.

Conductors are a safety sensitive title so ther are random drug/alcohol tests.

Both titles can promote into Assistant Train Dispatcher and Tower Operator.

Station Agents can promote into Conductors and Station Supervisors.

Conductors can promote into Train Operators.

I've met many Station Agents who operate their side business(dual employment) after their tour.

I've met many Conductors who have trouble staying awake finding sleep because of small children they have to take care of.

This is not a be all end all pro con list, just a series of observations down here.

Thank you. I am not necessarily asking the pro and cons on which position to take. I want the conductor position. My issue is what to do with the fact that I have to be in two places at once on Monday.. i have to report for pre employment but can't simply not show up my first day for Station Agent . What I am asking is does anyone know what is the best thing for me to do. Who should I advise regarding the fact that I need to go to hr for pre employment and medical for conductor when I have to report to orientation and training for Station Agent ..

Archived