Derailment Near 125 Street (8th Avenue); Minor Injuries Reported

Future ENY OP

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easily removed according to you. The passengers didn't know that and spent quite some time banging and trying to communicate to get out. The crew apparently didn't even know what was going on. The current cars should be retrofitted to allow for better communication. They ARE death traps seeing how people were on the verge of passing out on that (F) train or are you going to deny that occurred to show that you're in the know just because you're a staff member? I can point to the stabbing incident on the (D) train yet again with passengers locked in the car while this crazy guy went around stabbing innocent people, but sure they aren't death traps. You along with the (MTA) are in denial. The trains need to go sooner rather than later. That's the answer, and in the short term, find a way to retrofit the current cars for better communication.

I'm sure that the (MTA) wants this to just go away quietly so that they can go back to "business as usual".

I can't deny that conditions on that stalled train were bad, I'm sure they were from the videos I have seen. I just like to disagree with you. Also, why not actually try and do something about thing that you see as a problem instead of belly aching about online.

You are absolutely right that these emergency events are extremely unlikely, and I can see why the lawyers defer to that. That being said, it is interesting that when there was the push for OPTO, and the unions pointed out that evacuations are nearly impossible with only 1 crew member on board, the MTA didn't seem to care about that risk when there was the possibility of saving all that money on personnel cost. Seems like everything comes down to $$$

OPTO is an absolute disgrace and should never have been agreed to by the unions or by city or state government. From a safety standpoint, there is also a lot you don't see along OPTO lines to attempt to increase safety. Still, it's all about money or an attempt to save it.

Please. She probably had that lawyer on speed dial.

She along with any other passenger who was injured should be suing the TA at the very least to cover any medical expenses and lost wages. If the true cause of the derailment was the unsecured rail stored on the roadbed, it is a result of a failure of TA supervision and management. And of course she won't get anywhere close to $5 million.

I can't deny that conditions on that stalled train were bad, I'm sure they were from the videos I have seen. I just like to disagree with you. Also, why not actually try and do something about thing that you see as a problem instead of belly aching about online.

OPTO is an absolute disgrace and should never have been agreed to by the unions or by city or state government. From a safety standpoint, there is also a lot you don't see along OPTO lines to attempt to increase safety. Still, it's all about money or an attempt to save it.

lol... NIce try, but I've done quite a bit to improve transit in this city and continue to try behind the scenes. I've spoken at (MTA) board meetings and other meetings regarding transit, and have had various petitons started for restoration of services. It isn't as easy as you may think.  It takes a lot of work and elected officials being willing to assist in making changes in addition to getting the (MTA) on board.  

Archived