Blame the Assengers too!

I Run Trains

Nassau and Westchester have free transfers to/from the subway, they are like the 6th and 7th boroughs, you can't expect them NOT to use the free transfer.  Many city residents use those buses to reverse commute to the suburbs and to go to places like Yonkers Raceway.

Do you go to 242 St and see how many people getting off the (1) are getting on a Westchester bus? Maybe most of the crowding comes from Riverdale residents (since they are closer to the (1)).

Yes, I walk down there to refill my Metrocard.  From there I'll walk up to 246th and Broadway for the BxM3 into Manhattan and you can see the packs of people getting off of those Bee-Line buses and onto the subway.  They're definitely from Yonkers because they are incredibly rude and ghetto.

Yes, I walk down there to refill my Metrocard.  From there I'll walk up to 246th and Broadway for the BxM3 into Manhattan and you can see the packs of people getting off of those Bee-Line buses and onto the subway.  They're definitely from Yonkers because they are incredibly rude and ghetto.

SMFH!!!!!!! THERE YOU GO STEREOTYPING AGAIN!!!! WHAT ARE YOU?!!?!?!?! (ETHNIC)

SMFH!!!!!!! THERE YOU GO STEREOTYPING AGAIN!!!! WHAT ARE YOU?!!?!?!?! (ETHNIC)

First, he mentioned demeanor not ethnicity. Who's sterotyping ethnicity here?

But since you've brought it up. If you're waiting for a Manhattan bound (A) train at Broadway Junction/Euclid or Grant Aves, you can generally tell whether it came from Lefferts Blvd or Far Rockaway. It is what it is.

But since you've brought it up. If you're waiting for a Manhattan bound (A) train at Broadway Junction/Euclid or Grant Aves, you can generally tell whether it came from Lefferts Blvd or Far Rockaway. It is what it is.

People can be rude and ghetto, regardless of ethnicity.  I just find that the people coming off of those Bee-Line buses have nasty attitudes in general.  It's almost like they're hostile towards the City folks.  Perhaps a bit of resentment that they can't just walk to the subway like many in the city can.

Yes, there I go telling it like it is.   B-) Ethnicity doesn't matter since I never brought that up.  You're the one that inserted it.  <_<

In your mind you are!.....

I wasn't talking to thou so who asked you?

People can be rude and ghetto, regardless of ethnicity.  I just find that the people coming off of those Bee-Line buses have nasty attitudes in general.  It's almost like they're hostile towards the City folks.  Perhaps a bit of resentment that they can't just walk to the subway like many in the city can.

Exactly. For example in Queens people line up for the bus, in Brooklyn they storm the bus all at once.

They could have an attitude because when you have to connect to the subway from the bus time is of the essence. When I'm getting off the bus I don't want any slowpokes in my way when SubwayTime says the train is leaving in 1 min. There have been many times where making that train led to a smooth commute and just-on-time transfers within the subway.

I wasn't talking to thou so who asked you?

You made a statement then asked a specific question. I replied to your accusational statement because the race card is played.

Exactly. For example in Queens people line up for the bus, in Brooklyn they storm the bus all at once.

They could have an attitude because when you have to connect to the subway from the bus time is of the essence. When I'm getting off the bus I don't want any slowpokes in my way when SubwayTime says the train is leaving in 1 min. There have been many times where making that train led to a smooth commute and just-on-time transfers within the subway.

You made a statement then asked a specific question. I replied to your accusational statement because the race card is played.

Me asking him what his ethnic background is? that the race card?!?!?!?!

But those Stereotypes aint?!?!?!?!?! Smh! ok!

It's not just people from the "ghetto" who are rude and uncivilized.

Reading 101. What I said was people are rude and ghetto. That is not the same as being from the ghetto. You people need to learn how to read before commenting. Too busy with the fangs out ready to attack.... SMH...

Reading 101. What I said was people are rude and ghetto. That is not the same as being from the ghetto. You people need to learn how to read before commenting. Too busy with the fangs out ready to attack.... SMH...

I apologize as many have told me my forum posts (though not on this forum) have been cryptic at times and can easily mislead other readers.

I was not referring to your post specifically, just adding more context to the conversation. Had I written "Yonkers" then it would have applied. I try to usually convey expressed complete thoughts as opposed to implied ones that may make some readers think it is all about them.

Well to add clarification, every neighborhood has its good parts and bad parts, so to exercise poor judgement and assume just because people act a certain way they are from a specific area is a poor practice. I believe this was the primary point Shondrae was trying to communicate.

Well to add clarification, every neighborhood has its good parts and bad parts, so to exercise poor judgement and assume just because people act a certain way they are from a specific area is a poor practice. I believe this was the primary point Shondrae was trying to communicate.

That is probably the point she was trying to make, while exposing her ingrained racial stereotypes, but there is something called deductive reasoning. Where else could those passengers on Beeline routes which specifically serve Yonkers be from? They could have ridden the bus from Hastings on Hudson,  Dobbs Ferry, Elmsford or Tarrytown but, they tend to be less rude. 

That added character to the subway, it made passengers laugh.

Good for them rules are rules...

Convenient. Not only were we held by the train dispatcher, we also were stopped between stations, we had a slower than usual journey to Roosevelt Ave. The door holding happened at 14th Street! 

Thats SOP along the Corridor...

Where was you "Stopped" by the disp what station?

I can understand this during rush hours, but when trains are on 10-20 min headway, you can hold the train doors for 5 seconds. Especially when you're going to be sitting between stations, being held by the dispatcher, and crawling down the tracks at 10mph.

Now you are combing everything was this Rush Hour or Not?

I've seen doors closed in passenger faces only for the train to sit there for almost 20 seconds before moving.

I cannot comment on that since i haven't seen it.

Then there's the waiting 15 mins for a train, you get on, someone runs and holds the door, the conductor speaks or plays "the announcement" and then before the next station the train stops because of "train traffic" it just seems like hogwash

You are combing things again all of this happened at once?

Good for them rules are rules...

Thats SOP along the Corridor...

Where was you "Stopped" by the disp what station?

Now you are combing everything was this Rush Hour or Not?

I cannot comment on that since i haven't seen it.

You are combing things again all of this happened at once?

During rush hour I understand they need to keep the trains moving. I mostly ride outside of rush hour.

We were held at 23rd and 34th 

During rush hour I understand they need to keep the trains moving. I mostly ride outside of rush hour.

I understand your point but is this a common occurrence or this happened once or twice?

We were held at 23rd and 34th 

23rd was a train in front the train you was on most likely.. Unless you heard something on radio.

34th was the Tower..

Now mind you there are work trains going through the 6th ave area if this was late evenings...

I understand your point but is this a common occurrence or this happened once or twice?

23rd was a train in front the train you was on most likely.. Unless you heard something on radio.

34th was the Tower..

Now mind you there are work trains going through the 6th ave area if this was late evenings...

Yeah there was a work train on the express tracks so the (F) and (D) were both local.

But these delays happen often especially late evenings.

Yeah there was a work train on the express tracks so the (F) and (D) were both local.

But these delays happen often especially late evenings.

Unfortunately they always will... They need to get those work trains on site for the numerous late night GOs that are going on...

Sometimes the train I'm operating gets backed up from bway-laff....

I apologize as many have told me my forum posts (though not on this forum) have been cryptic at times and can easily mislead other readers.

I was not referring to your post specifically, just adding more context to the conversation. Had I written "Yonkers" then it would have applied. I try to usually convey expressed complete thoughts as opposed to implied ones that may make some readers think it is all about them.

I'd be shocked if they were coming from places further north above Yonkers, so I'm going to stick with my point since I've been living here for a number of years and now how many people come to Riverdale from Yonkers to commute.  

That is probably the point she was trying to make, while exposing her ingrained racial stereotypes, but there is something called deductive reasoning. Where else could those passengers on Beeline routes which specifically serve Yonkers be from? They could have ridden the bus from Hastings on Hudson,  Dobbs Ferry, Elmsford or Tarrytown but, they tend to be less rude. 

HE! its pronounced SHAUN DRE!

I knew that Long Islanders don't use the subway like that, but that's my point. You have the LIRR and most residents use that. These people in Yonkers don't. They pack up the damn subways and they should pay more to do so. These are City services for City residents.

If you work in the city, but live outside the city, I believe you still pay city income tax... Just saying. 

EDIT: My co-worker from long island tells me Guliani repealed this tax in 1999, so - there you go. 

If you work in the city, but live outside the city, I believe you still pay city income tax... Just saying. 

EDIT: My co-worker from long island tells me Guliani repealed this tax in 1999, so - there you go. 

It wasn't Giuliani. The State legislature repealed the City's non-resident income tax (a/k/a "commuter tax") and banned the city from ever imposing it again in the future. Of course, Yonkers and the State itself got to keep their commuter taxes!

It wasn't Giuliani. The State legislature repealed the City's non-resident income tax (a/k/a "commuter tax") and banned the city from ever imposing it again in the future. Of course, Yonkers and the State itself got to keep their commuter taxes!

That's exactly what it was, but when in doubt, blame Giuliani.  <_<

Archived