In your opinion, what's the best postion within NYC Transit?

Futuremtaman

What do you guys think us the best position in the mta and why? Which one would you do over the other one

There is no best position in transit. The best position is whatever you’re comfortable with doing. Every job has its pluses and minuses. One job may be better for someone at a given time in life than another or worst for the same reason. But this question overall is very relative to the individual. But there is no one definitive “best position” in transit.

All jobs in transit are of equal importance, and keep the system running smoothly or as close to smoothly as possible. Anyone whom thinks their job is more important than the next for whatever reasons is on a ego trip, and needs to come back down to earth.

Station Supervisor

Both great points. I just was curious to see what kind of feedback there would be. But overall transit is a great job i would love to get in by any means

By any means then keep applying even for MTA jobs you don't have to take a civil-service exam for. The Agency is vast and full of many opportunities. So stay hungry. May end up like me. Getting a MTA job in corporate which you didn't pay for and trust me when i say i paid for a lot of exams... As long as your foot is in the door is all that matters.

By any means then keep applying even for MTA jobs you don't have to take a civil-service exam for. The Agency is vast and full of many opportunities. So stay hungry. May end up like me. Getting a MTA job in corporate which you didn't pay for and trust me when i say i paid for a lot of exams... As long as your foot is in the door is all that matters.

Absolutely. I know one of them will call me . I've taken track worker traffic checker and train operator. Getting a job in corporate is a blessing especially when you didn't have to pay . All that money spent on exams lol it adds up but its worth it

Any job can be best for whomever wants to do it from a cleaner to a analyst....

This is very true

Absolutely. I know one of them will call me . I've taken track worker traffic checker and train operator. Getting a job in corporate is a blessing especially when you didn't have to pay . All that money spent on exams lol it adds up but its worth it

Try everything, learn as much as possible, develop good work ethic and habits. TAKE ALL THE TESTS. There's positions available only open to people who already have a foot in the door with 1 year under their belt.

This is the long game most of us are participating in, and the more knowledge accumulated and people we know, moving around becomes all the more easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Question: Does anyone know why if you unsuccessfully complete a training with transit it's 5 years before you can even reapply ?

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Who says it takes five years? My friend didn’t finish school car as a conductor and got terminated and was able to restore his name back to the list and got another within 7 months to try again. You can have your name restored to the list two times, for a total of 3 tries as long as the list is open.

Station Supervisor

Try everything, learn as much as possible, develop good work ethic and habits. TAKE ALL THE TESTS. There's positions available only open to people who already have a foot in the door with 1 year under their belt.

This is the long game most of us are participating in, and the more knowledge accumulated and people we know, moving around becomes all the more easier.

You're absolutely right @Dave2386 thank for the feedback and the encouragement

So here's the thing, I failed my training for Bus Operator exam 4600 two weeks ago unfortunately so I was just hoping I could be put back on that list or to the new Bus operator exam coming up in October

I believe bus operations and underground aka T/O and C/R have different methods on retraining. But i get what you saying it isn't the first time i've heard you had to wait 5 years before trying again. I believe @+young+ was one of those who first mention that in a tread.

It’s no five year wait if you fail training for any title. You just simply restore your name to the list if it’s still open and repay for the application fee you did for the exam. This is as long as the list is still open. If they reach your name Avila in while the list is open they’ll send you a notice for pre-employment again

Station Supervisor

• 3 weeks later...

This is very true

How long ago did you take the track worker exam?

Archived