ImproveNYCsubway

LGA Link N Train

I am currently making multiple mini-projects on how to Improve NYC's subway system. You can leave your Idea's here and I'll see if I can Incorperate it it into one BIG project. I'll release new idea's whenever I get the chance

I don’t think this is a great thread considering we have multiple threads already for proposals and such. You can discuss them separately, I think there is gonna be too many people replying to diff. parts of the thread like one guy talks about signals while another talks about switches. Too vague of a thread.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Yeah, this is going to be everything rolled up in one

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Also, I'm going to be releasing proposals bit by bit

Does this include metrocard ideas also?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Yes

Yes it does

I don’t think this is a great thread considering we have multiple threads already for proposals and such. You can discuss them separately, I think there is gonna be too many people replying to diff. parts of the thread like one guy talks about signals while another talks about switches. Too vague of a thread.

This is a brand new thread so give it some time for it to develop

I agree!

:D: to 96 St

Lock time!

What's lock time???

This thread is supposed to be Every proposal rolled up into one GIANT proposal

I have a great idea for the Metro Cards. It would be great if we can call a number on the back of our metrocard and enter the Serial Number to check it's current balance. If we need to fill it up we should be able to call that number and use a checking account to put on exactly what we may want on it so that it would create a great convenience and reduce lines at the MVMs

I have a great idea for the Metro Cards. It would be great if we can call a number on the back of our metrocard and enter the Serial Number to check it's current balance. If we need to fill it up we should be able to call that number and use a checking account to put on exactly what we may want on it so that it would create a great convenience and reduce lines at the MVMs

Ok, but wouldn't that be like a credit card in some case

Later on today, I should be releasing my Chrystie Street proposal for the Second Avenue Subway (Note: this is no where near similar to the Vanshnookenraggen proposal)

Well sort of. Let's say I'm running late. I know I need to catch a bus the bus is in 5 min according to the MTA bus time app. But in this lateness I need to tell a metro I could use that time to call the metrocard and add a quick 5.50 or whatever so I can have loaded ready to board

Well sort of. Let's say I'm running late. I know I need to catch a bus the bus is in 5 min according to the MTA bus time app. But in this lateness I need to tell a metro I could use that time to call the metrocard and add a quick 5.50 or whatever so I can have loaded ready to board

Oh that would help

If the Chrystie Street connection was rebuilt by putting Second Avenue local trains in the middle tracks to that they continue south to Hanover Square or Broad Street or further south, the Sixth Avenue will be put on the outer tracks but will still connect to the Manhattan Bridge. North of Grand Street will be 3 double crossover switches. As for second Avenue Express tracks, they will be connecting to the Williamsburg Bridge, additional layup tracks will be added somewhere underneath Houston Street connecting to Broadway - Lafayette

That sound like it can work. There is so much track capacity over there. They gotta fix the floor above. You know how you walk from the token booth from the path near the 6 Train transfer they have that grate and you can see the subway tracks way below. That thing is not sturdy

Archived