Tiles that resemble the Confederate flag are being removed from a Times Square subway station

P3F

I'm a proponent of removing all traces of the CSA from the USA, even if for no other reason than they lost the war and are thus traitors guilty of insurrection, the penalty for which is both the death of the people themselves and the death of their culture.

What I worry about is this bandwagon riding beyond the Civil War question. Christopher Columbus, in my opinion, is the most important figure of mankind since Jesus Christ himself, irrespective of whether he was a 'good' or 'bad' person, and I'd even propose resetting the CE/BCE dividing line to align with his 'discovery' (from the perspective of Europe). This event forever changed the course of human civilization and global interactivity, and no people or nation on earth was left unaffected by it (for better or for worse). To put him on the same level as an American traitor is absurd.

I also worry that the founding fathers might be in jeopardy because they were racist, sexist, nationalist slave-owners (the norm at the time), despite the fact that they founded the USA. That's why I said that "it won't be enough" until all traces of the USA and Canada having been British colonies are erased. Had the USA lost the Revolutionary War, I'd be fighting alongside the Royal British Crown to have the founding fathers similarly vilified and any accompanying statues removed (lest I be thought a hypocrite). Get rid of the traitorous Confederate bullshit and call it a day, yeah?

In history class, we were told that states have the right to secede from the Union. The southern states were the first to test this right, and the north—fearing dire effects from the succession of so many states—fought illegally to keep them in the Union. I see it a different way: as soon as a state secedes, it cannot expect to be protected under the laws of the Union; the Union wasn’t preventing the state from seceding, but attacking a foreign state and annexing it.

One thing is clear here, however: winners write the history textbooks, dictate the norms, and exercise tyranny over the minority. I take history with a pinch of salt and contemporary witch hunts with a liberal sprinkling of other seasonings as well. It’s intellectually dishonest to take things at face value and not critically analyze what we learn from the multitude of sources of information we’re always bombarded with.

I almost fell out of my chair last night when I read a headline from the New York Times "Purging of the monuments may mobilize the right and galvanize the center". Their argument is that will play right into the hands of President Trump who raised the issue of who is next? This is the problem with the left and their friends in the phony media who raise these issues one day and something else the next and something after that while trying to keep the fires burning on all fronts. We have seen this constantly since last November and it has gotten to the point where the rest of America (I am not referring to BosWash and the Pacific Coast with patches inbetween) is saying enough is enough. American voters are far more knowledgeable when it comes to issues like this and as far as the fringe groups on both sides, "a plague on both your houses and now get the heck out of here!". Where the problem lies is that one party has moved far from the center and the other one would rather commit fratricide then to listen to the voters. Like the broken clock that is right twice a day, the Times has finally found something that they agree with the President on but for totally different reasons. There are a couple of others along with the Times that have expressed the same thoughts on this issue and the implications of the path that the phony media and their ministers of propaganda are taking us down today.You do not give someone an issue that will hurt you later on and that is what this will become in the eyes of the voters.

RedState (Erik Ericcson) has a list of the five statues including one in New York City that should be looked at as soon as possible. It seems that there is a statue of Che Guevara in Central Park but yet I have not heard a word about the removal of his statue from either the mayor or the Council Speaker. If there is one that should be removed first, it is this one!

It seems that there is a statue of Che Guevara in Central Park but yet I have not heard a word about the removal of his statue from either the mayor or the Council Speaker. If there is one that should be removed first, it is this one!

New York City prides itself on its diversity. There are many statues of capitalists, but very few communists. Who would be left after Che is removed to represent the ideology?

New York City prides itself on its diversity. There are many statues of capitalists, but very few communists. Who would be left after Che is removed to represent the ideology?

The Left usually means diversity of race—a superficial richness of eye shapes, hair types, skin colors, and voices. Underneath it all, they expect unbending orthodoxy to one kind of thinking and an extermination of other kinds of thought. Left unchecked, you can very much expect an Orwellian establishment whereby dissenters are actively sought and de facto disbarred from society’s institutions. In fact, this is well on its way with Google’s swift sacking of James Damore, the Emmanuel Goldstein du jour.

Who will replace Che Guevara? In the eyes of some of our  leaders it may be either Fidel or Raul Castro! For Melissa Mark-Viverto, it would be her hero "Oscar Lopez-Rivera"! The best place to put those monuments would be on the front and side of the United Nations where a couple of their heroes can have their statues prominently displayed especially those who spoke there is the 70+ year history of that organization. As far as our illustrious mayor is concerned, he thinks he is so great that he deserves a ticker-tape parade up the canyon of heroes called lower Broadway! Man does  he think the world of himself!

Oh yes! next Tuesday there is a primary for mayor on the Democratic Line along with some council races in various districts throughout the city. If you are an enrolled party member, please take the time to vote as one vote in a primary can make a big difference in the election especially where there are multiple candidates running. Please note  if the 40% plus one vote is not reached by the two top candidates, there will be a run off on Tuesday September 26. The primary is where the party candidate is chosen and in most districts, it means election. Again if you are an enrolled party member and you prefer one candidate over another, please take the time to come out and vote for your candidate as the number of party members that come out to vote is far, far less than the number registered, thus the importance of your vote cannot be calculated.

The reason that I posted the information as to voting next week and the importance of primary voting as compared with the regular election is based on the principle that most elections are decided at the primary level as one party has a tremendous advantage in the number of registered party members  over the other party members in the general election. This is why the primary election is far more important as compared with the general election as few voters determine who will be our elected officials even before the general election is held in November.

That said, everyone who writes on this forum is entitled to express their views one way or another. The statues are part of a major issue that has enveloped both parties over the years. The American public (which we are all part of) are basically middle of the road and resent being pushed around by a bunch of thugs who hate America on both sides of the spectrum. As I have written before, a plague on both their houses and this applies equally to those both inside and outside of government who fan the flames of hate by supporting individuals and groups that have one goal in mind which is the destruction of our great country The so called "political bickering" is based on a major difference  between two different sets of  principles in terms of operating of our great city. I, myself, resent when politicians with their particular form of radicalism try to tell us  (the voting public) what is wrong with us and our city. I remember the Lindsay years as well as time the city almost went bankrupt as I lived through those times and I remember quite vividly what radical ideology did to this city. This is why  I abhor the radicals of both sides as the only ones who get hurt when our elected officials show their radicalism as many of our elected leaders on various levels of government have done over the last couple of months, is us those who live and work here and who have to put up with their ideas that they are afflicting upon us day in and day out.  

Archived