Subway -- What If?

Wallyhorse

Since the old version of this topic seems to have been lost entirely and I saw something Trainmaster5 posted in the "Blame the Assengers Too" thread and brought it over here to start a new thread:

I'm going to leave this here and wait for the responses. Friday evening and a deceased person is discovered on a n/b express at 86th Street Lexington. P.M. rush hour. NYC protocol says to wait for the coroner's truck to arrive at the scene to investigate. Naturally you railfans and the regular passengers don't want that to happen because ALL n/b Lexington express service would shutdown. Would you rather have the body removed from the scene ASAP or wait until the coroner's truck arrives? Should the body be removed from the train and secluded somewhere in the station? I'm describing a true incident. I was heading s/b and picked up a TSS at 125th Street and took him to the scene. He told me that there was only one coroner's truck on duty in upper Manhattan on a Friday night and a wait of 2 or 3 hours was anticipated. How would you clear up the delay? I'm curious to see the responses. I'll let you know what happened in a little while. Carry on.

Since 86th Street happens to be a two-level station, if possible what I would do is close off the express level entirely and deal with the  (4)  (5) and  (6) all running local in both directions, sending as many  (5) trains as possible via 7th Avenue to cut down on the number of trains overall there. 

Archived