Rockaway Beach Branch

The Rockaway Beach Branch should be rebuilt and converted into subway, here's a petition if anyone wants to sign

https://www.change.org/p/mta-lirr-nyct-south-queens-needs-transit?recruiter=760771318&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=119833

I feel that this proposal should take in effect

472ae0ac47c4aa0dee2da3aa9785b1d9.jpg

611cfa31b96e1d59e8774079e7200b96.jpg

It will open a door for new Transit opportunities

97f39537132f4e773237f4cf7a9fb98c.jpg

1ce0057c00c99959a0492cfa4b1cf078.jpg

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realize that your track map has the RBB connecting to the LIRR, while your other map shows it as a subway? Seeing this is the subway forum, and given your comments in other threads, I assume you mean the latter, but felt like checking. 

You do realize that your track map has the RBB connecting to the LIRR, while your other map shows it as a subway? Seeing this is the subway forum, and given your comments in other threads, I assume you mean the latter, but felt like checking.

True, but I combined the RBB with the Queens Bypass, keep in mind this map is just an example

and sideways...

I know, the pictures came out like that

Why not put some work into your proposals and draw your own track map? The post is unclear and incorrect.

Good Idea

One other thing, that track map is not mine

By making it into a subway, you realize that it has to connect into existing, already overly congested subway routes.

We just don't have the capacity.

Easy to say let's build an entirely new line, but that would cost even more money.

True, the RBB will most likely connect to the Queens Blvd line so that would be the cheapest alternative. A lot of proposal's have the (M) or (R) running to Rockaway Beach or JFK. The (M) would be a reasonable choice because it could create a marketing system from JFK to (IDK) Bryant Park or Herald Square. The (R) would Also be a good choice because it shares the same fleet with the (A) however weekend service would be different and would have to reschedule trains so I don't know what else to say but sign the petition to make this a reality

So, this thread has served it's purpose even though I recommend you all to sign this petition to make this proposal become a reality

Edited by LGA Link N train

True, the RBB will most likely connect to the Queens Blvd line so that would be the cheapest alternative. A lot of proposal's have the (M) or (R) running to Rockaway Beach or JFK. The (M) would be a reasonable choice because it could create a marketing system from JFK to (IDK) Bryant Park or Herald Square. The (R) would Also be a good choice because it shares the same fleet with the (A) however weekend service would be different and would have to reschedule trains so I don't know what else to say but sign the petition to make this a reality

So, this thread has served it's purpose even though I recommend you all to sign this petition to make this proposal become a reality

Connecting it to QBL is not a good choice. The R is already long enough, and the M starts in southern Queens. I think it would be easier to connect to the LIRR mainline. The LIRR could run trains from NYP and Atlantic to JFK. They would reactivate the RBB, and use the express tracks at Aqueduct Racetrack and Aqueduct-North Conduit. One track can be built over at JFK to have a platform for the terminus, and a concourse can extended above the platform for ticket machines. If they don't want this, they could extend the RPK shuttle up to Forest Hills and have it connect to QBL there. They would also rename it to "H". A connection would also be made 104th St on the J. Knowing how people are though, they will build the Queensway because they "don't have enough parks" or "my privacy is going to be invaded by passengers looking out the window of a train going past at 40 mph". 

Edited by R68OnBroadway

Connecting it to QBL is not a good choice. The R is already long enough, and the M starts in southern Queens. I think it would be easier to connect to the LIRR mainline. The LIRR could run trains from NYP and Atlantic to JFK. They would reactivate the RBB, and use the express tracks at Aqueduct Racetrack and Aqueduct-North Conduit. One track can be built over at JFK to have a platform for the terminus, and a concourse can extended above the platform for ticket machines. If they don't want this, they could extend the RPK shuttle up to Forest Hills and have it connect to QBL there. They would also rename it to "H". A connection would also be made 104th St on the J. Knowing how people are though, they will build the Queensway because they "don't have enough parks" or "my privacy is going to be invaded by passengers looking out the window of a train going past at 40 mph".

The (H) would Also be a good choice but the problem is that will it run on 8, 6, or 2 Avenues

The (H) would Also be a good choice but the problem is that will it run on 8, 6, or 2 Avenues

As for the (M) it could run a week day express service from Myrtle-Wycoff to Marcy Av and Queens Plaza to Roosevelt Avenue (or convert Woodhaven Boulevard into an express station as it was originally intended to do so) but that would require a new bus hub in some sort of way. However, CBTC would need to be completed on Queens Boulevard and the (G) (yes, the (G) ) would have to supplement as a local service in this proposal

If you want an alternative then here you go https://www.vanshnookenraggen.com/_index/2017/05/the-future-of-the-2nd-avenue-subway/#image-2896

R68OnBroadway's H also might not run on any Manhattan trunk, it could terminate at Forest Hills. As previously covered, there is not enough track capacity to run another QBL service to any Manhattan trunk.

If you could supplement QBL with additional local service, it wouldn't be the G. We've been through this, it doesn't make sense. Just run H on 6th Ave Manhattan to 2nd Ave F to terminate or some such. If you really want, you could make it a Culver Local service to Church and run some F trains express at peak, since you seem to be so interested in using every track in the system.

I'm thinking about the gentrification and how they would try to move the already low income families out of the far rockaway area. It is a good travel proposal but what would happen to all those people. You see how they did when the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn went up and how jamaica center and long island rail road is gentrifiying and the way they are trying to touch all these areas now. I feel for them.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

As for the (M) it could run a week day express service from Myrtle-Wycoff to Marcy Av and Queens Plaza to Roosevelt Avenue (or convert Woodhaven Boulevard into an express station as it was originally intended to do so) but that would require a new bus hub in some sort of way. However, CBTC would need to be completed on Queens Boulevard and the (G) (yes, the (G) ) would have to supplement as a local service in this proposal

If you want an alternative then here you go https://www.vanshnookenraggen.com/_index/2017/05/the-future-of-the-2nd-avenue-subway/#image-2896

My plan for the (H) would not involve it heading into Manhattan at all. Instead, it would just run to Forest Hills with track connections to QBL and Jamaica Yard.

Why not put some work into your proposals and draw your own track map? The post is unclear and incorrect.

And it's basically opening a can of words. There are several others threads related to this stating why this is too costly and not as important as other ongoing projects.

By making it into a subway, you realize that it has to connect into existing, already overly congested subway routes.

We just don't have the capacity.

Easy to say let's build an entirely new line, but that would cost even more money.

The Queens bypass would be a prerequisite to this Rockaway Beach branch.

How does it matter that the M starts in Southern Queens? No one will ride the entire line.

Doing it with LIRR is a terrible idea. It limits connectivity, increases fares, and would require the reduction of some LI service to accommodate RBB trains.

Doing it with LIRR is a terrible idea. It limits connectivity, increases fares, and would require the reduction of some LI service to accommodate RBB trains.

It would be a bad idea to connect to the rbb cause you would have to do significant work regarding its end part due to it being the A line and you would fall in to the trap that the Queensway clowns are setting up saying your getting rid of A train service

Edited by BreeddekalbL

They going have to do so much work on the those abandoned tracks. Would that put all those auto shops out of business though?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Maybe, or the business will face legal charges for squatting their properties on city owned land