South 4th Street is out there!!

INDman

yeah that's what i want to know. and where is South 4th St abandon station?

The South 4th street station is above the Broadway (IND Crosstown) (G) station. If the 2nd system was built, the Broadway station and the South 4th Street station will have been a big station.

Here is some links for some more information,

http://www.columbia.edu/~brennan/abandoned/indsecsys.html

and the Pictures came from this link,

http://www.hopetunnel.org/subway/nyct/s4/index.html

For those who want to know how to get in there, if you don't know how it might not be the best idea to try. Going there was not a spur of the moment thing and was carefully planned. I knew I should have put a disclaimer at the bottom, "Do not attempt at home or in your local subway station!" B). But really, if you are a big time subway buff like me, leaning how to get in should not take much, its very easy if you know where to look.

For those who want to know how to get in there, if you don't know how it might not be the best idea to try. Going there was not a spur of the moment thing and was carefully planned. I knew I should have put a disclaimer at the bottom, "Do not attempt at home or in your local subway station!" B). But really, if you are a big time subway buff like me, leaning how to get in should not take much, its very easy if you know where to look.

Soooo... where do I look... you don't have to be specific, but what am I looking for?

Been near it, not much to see only lay-ups and homeballs facing a wall. I do not suggest going there, not only for the obvious reasons but Vandal Squad has a habit of staking out lay-ups.

Also it's walled off IINM, if that station exists you can't get in there, just to the artificial wall that keeps you out. Not sure if that wall can be "gotten around..."

There is a small hole in the wall and if you stick a shovel in you pull out clean sand. To me this means that there is something back there other wise you would get dirt. Who knows, maybe they back filled the whole place or they pulled and Atlantic Ave tunnel and only filled a small portion. I don't think there will ever be definate proof as to its existance, but I am fairly convinced that it is back there. In Euclid tower, 76th Street is on the model board and on signal drawings too.

There is a small hole in the wall and if you stick a shovel in you pull out clean sand. To me this means that there is something back there other wise you would get dirt. Who knows, maybe they back filled the whole place or they pulled and Atlantic Ave tunnel and only filled a small portion. I don't think there will ever be definate proof as to its existance, but I am fairly convinced that it is back there. In Euclid tower, 76th Street is on the model board and on signal drawings too.

Yup that's all true, I think we were talking about this in CT a few weeks back and the consensus was it was dug and built, but no track or third rail

...kind of like South 4 St. :cool:

Alot like it, but from what I have heard one platform was built and half of the second. Anyways, I will try to get more pic of my adventures, but walking the tracks is one thing and taking pics at the same time is a very different ball game.

Archived