No Flash, Camera, D Train (Via Broadway)

mark1447

Ok rail fanners, now get ready to see the (D) back on the Broadway Line, for just (1) Weekend. Unlike the 1986-1988 Yellow (D)..

Trains run in two sections:

1. Between 205 St and 34 St-6 Av (D) station

2. Between 34 St-Broadway <Q> station and Stillwell Av

(D) Runs on Broadway line, im so there LOL :), hopefully my cam will be back from repairs =D ~~

More info (PDF Reader needed, use www.adobe.com or another)

http://mta.info/nyct/service/pdf_f/43_dtr3.pdf

(Q)(C)(T)(Q)(B)(E)(R)(2)(5)(T)(H)(T)(Q)(2)(7)(T)(H):)

Ok rail fanners, now get ready to see the (D) back on the Broadway Line, for just (1) Weekend. Unlike the 1986-1988 Yellow (D)..

Trains run in two sections:

1. Between 205 St and 34 St-6 Av (D) station

2. Between 34 St-Broadway <Q> station and Stillwell Av

(D) Runs on Broadway line, im so there LOL :), hopefully my cam will be back from repairs =D ~~

More info (PDF Reader needed, use www.adobe.com or another)

http://mta.info/nyct/service/pdf_f/43_dtr3.pdf

looks like sum wknd play on da manny b

I wonder if Id see a R40S or R68A, seeing that the northern would use Concourse cars, and I THINK the Southern would get Coney Island Cars(Or possibly a split from Concourse)

R68A is possible. If they do what they did last time, which was run seperate D trains local to 2nd ave, then you may see some R40s

my guess is dat da quincy or da nick will get all 160s during dat wknd... da hippos wud b pushed 2 da west end portion

can u plz speak regular english, i cant understand any of your words here at the forum sometimes mate, slang isnt gd much , sry.. =\

and Im guesing u mean (Q) and (N) right?

The last time they did this, they had started running the Brooklyn section to Whitehall middle only. Made sense, as it interfered with the (Q). Missed that one, as I was moving that day, two Falls ago.

Now, it seems they have gotten into reducing the (N) and (Q) to 12 minute headways and cutting jobs, so that's probably how they'll make it fit. But Whitehall shouldn't have been too bad, as you still have easy connections if you're just going to Midtown.

The last time they did this, they had started running the Brooklyn section to Whitehall middle only. Made sense, as it interfered with the (Q). Missed that one, as I was moving that day, two Falls ago.

Now, it seems they have gotten into reducing the (N) and (Q) to 12 minute headways and cutting jobs, so that's probably how they'll make it fit. But Whitehall shouldn't have been too bad, as you still have easy connections if you're just going to Midtown.

Yes! Now that you mentioned that, I remember! Manhattan Bound (D)s running to Whitehall St ( Middle Track ).

damn, the last time i took the (D) train running via the Broadway Line was last 2 summers. There was no (D) service between Atlantic Av-Pacific St and 34 St. There were 2 (D) trains:

(D):

Trains ran on the (R) line from DeKalb Av and Whitehall St-South Ferry via 4 Ave Local.

Trains ran only between 34 st/6 Av, Manhattan and 205 St, Bronx.

people had to use the (N)(Q)(R)(2)(3)(4) as alternates.

Before that was in 2000.

when the (;) use to run as the West End Local and the (D) use to run as the Brighton Local and no (Q6) service on the weekend...i remember this...

(:)(D) WEEKEND

No trains over the Manhattan-Bridge.

(:D trains ran only between 36 St/4 Av to Coney Island via West End. Take the (N)(R) local to 36 St and transfer to the (:D train for service on the West End Line.

(D) trains ran on the (N)(R) line between DeKalb Av and 34 St via tunnel.

damn, the last time i took the (D) train running via the Broadway Line was last 2 summers. There was no (D) service between Atlantic Av-Pacific St and 34 St. There were 2 (D) trains:

(D):

Trains ran on the (R) line from DeKalb Av and Whitehall St-South Ferry via 4 Ave Local.

Trains ran only between 34 st/6 Av, Manhattan and 205 St, Bronx.

people had to use the (N)(Q)(R)(2)(3)(4) as alternates.

Before that was in 2000.

when the (;) use to run as the West End Local and the (D) use to run as the Brighton Local and no (Q6) service on the weekend...i remember this...

(B)(D) WEEKEND

No trains over the Manhattan-Bridge.

(B) trains ran only between 36 St/4 Av to Coney Island via West End. Take the (N)(R) local to 36 St and transfer to the (B) train for service on the West End Line.

(D) trains ran on the (N)(R) line between DeKalb Av and 34 St via tunnel.

Wow I remember that (B)(D) G.O. as well. It took place during the Spring/Summer of 1999 or 2000.

No, that G.O. ran periodically since the 6th Av side had reopened after the initial long term work. It was even more frequent (sometimes almost every weekend) in the 1990-94 period, back when they thought they might lose the bridge completely, and before the temporary midday and weekend patchup work was done in '95. Most of the time, it ran all the way to 57th, but then in those last years, they used 34th so people connecting wouldnt miss the transfer point.

No, that G.O. ran periodically since the 6th Av side had reopened after the initial long term work. It was even more frequent (sometimes almost every weekend) in the 1990-94 period, back when they thought they might lose the bridge completely, and before the temporary midday and weekend patchup work was done in '95. Most of the time, it ran all the way to 57th, but then in those last years, they used 34th so people connecting wouldnt miss the transfer point.

True, but I was just stating, the last Time I remember experiencing that G.O. was in 1999 or 2000. At least a Year or 2 before the

(;)(D)(Q)<Q>(W) Swap.

Archived