R40M On the (C) YEAH!!

mark1447

Well yesterday I was buying a present for my girl (cause today's her birthday), so I came out from Macy's and headed to 8th Avenue (to take the (A) or (C)) to Chambers. So I got to the (C) platform and then a Mod pulled up. And I went "oh crap... it's here now". So anyways all the ©s on the line are Mods or 42s (from my point of view; 34th to Chambers). (A) is mostly comprised of R44s. R38s are yet to be found.

Thank you MTR! I never'd known that the R-40M is really a R-40'Mod'! And yeah, lol for the Pelham 123 R62, :D!

You're welcome. :D

M stands for Mod. I am note sure if it is used specifically in MTA contracts and instruction manuals. Railfanners here use it to tell the difference. Technically, slants and mods are both R40. It is just the end that matters the most for them. lol

The "R162"

As of right now, there are no R38 cars running on the (C) anymore, those only run on the (A). All the cars the (C) uses are the R40 Slant, R40 Modified and R42 cars, but someone raised a point there, why not make the (C) trains 10 cars long?

Ya, I guess its on the (A) for easy access to the 207 shop for retirement, sad...

Archived