Railfanning 12/21 & Suprising 160 C Pics!!

Sea Beach

Yup ya heard right! I found a 160 (C) via 4th Ave Exp layed up at 45th St. Heres those pics.

Note: These 2 pics have (F) line readings,Culver Lcl & Church Av/Bklyn

Picture0312.jpg

Picture0309.jpg

Picture0308.jpg

Now heres the other RF pics

R27 Work Train @ 62nd

Picture0270.jpg

R160 (N) @ Ft Ham Note: LCD Sign says Sea Beach Lcl. It usually says Sea Beach Exp.

Picture0287.jpg

R62 (S) @ GC

Picture0289.jpg

R46 (F) @ Rockefeller

Picture0302.jpg

R46 (F) @ 4th Ave

Picture0303.jpg

My Trip To See The Tree @ Rockefeller

Picture0299.jpg

Picture0292.jpg

Picture0296.jpg

Enjoy :)

church ave (C) lol nice one, even tho i dunno why the (C) is programmed like that!!??, but dont move and put an angle

Thanks :) Maybe there planning for the (C) to go to Church instead of the (G) going there and maybe make the (G) go to Euclid. That would be a easy swap,cause at Jay St the (G) can go right onto the Fulton Track and the (C) go on the Culver/Crosstown track.

Nice pics, LOL I'll be suprised if I actually do see that test train on the (C)!

Nice catch on the (C). Good to see that the line is becoming more interesting.

Thanks,but this actually wasnt on the (C) line,it was on the 4th Ave Line layed up at 45th St. Very weird

Great pix! And nice catch on the R-160 Culver (C), :)!

Thanks :) Like I said to 7-11,this actually wasnt on the (C) line,it was on the 4th Ave Line layed up at 45th St. Very weird

was the C train testing a four-car or five-car R160 set?

I saw a 5 car set.

Wow, well the (C) won't use an R160A/B set for a while though. Great shots!:cool:

and here was my reaction when I saw this 160 (C)

thfunny-cats-a.jpg

The (G) doesn't switch with the (C) directly. The only way that can happen is at Bergen St but indirectly. After Bergen St, it can use the (F) switch to Jay St, then switch with the (C). But that means that the (G) will run in Manhattan.

Also, it would be nice if the (C) uses the R160A-1 (4 car sets) because it is already 8 cars long. I know it won't happen for a long time, but it would be nice. But anyway, (A)(W)(E)(S)(MTA)(M)(E) pics!:)

The (G) doesn't switch with the (C) directly. The only way that can happen is at Bergen St but indirectly. After Bergen St, it can use the (F) switch to Jay St, then switch with the (C). But that means that the (G) will run in Manhattan.

Also, it would be nice if the (C) uses the R160A-1 (4 car sets) because it is already 8 cars long. I know it won't happen for a long time, but it would be nice. But anyway, (A)(W)(E)(S)(MTA)(M)(E) pics!:P

o yeah,true. Thanks B)

the G cannot go to Euclid from the Crosstown Line. Church Avenue is a common to store test trains. when the R143s were being tested a few years ago, they were also on the Culver Line.

ic that now.

I like your Culver shots. Jamaica's been doing a slightly better job maintaining the R46s. Are they undergoing SMS?

Yup, now most of the (R) train's R-46s are undergoing SMS, it'll move on to the rest of the R-46s. They are getting their HVAC replaced, B).

Same here.

Well, this is just crazy if the switches cannot support the R-160's, they are like 60 footers, and that switch that can support a R-44, they are like 75 footers! LOLz, I feel it is just a plain excuse, :)!

Don't believe Wikipedia... the switches at Rockaway Ave have nothing to do with the R160s not being on the A or C.

Don't believe Wikipedia... the switches at Rockaway Ave have nothing to do with the R160s not being on the A or C.

This was never on wikipedia,I heard this on here.

Even if it was true, a switch will take you hours to fix, not months.

This was never on wikipedia,I heard this on here.

Thats kinda true.

Archived