R33 Redbird at WP- 149th Street! CAUGHT!

mark1447

I caught it, (5) set car, this must of been from corona(7) then sent to CI for painting and now back at the home yd of 180th Street

Sounds like workers were mad lol ENJOY and RATE ME 5 STARS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-V6hvIvqyc

Jan 1st [1AM] 2009

BTW comment on my LATEST IND/BMT SHOTS[JAN 5] here:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7275

For better quality double click the youtube video

PLEASE~~

*Make Sure you have the Latest Version of Adobe Flash Player installed[ Download at: http://www.adobe.com ]

Thanks Guys!

And i dunno why it was on the Manhattan Bound Tracks, it was liek 1am, which service is limited. I guess they didnt want passangers for NB thinking the train was in service.

And i bet those T/Os got pissed when i took a shot lol, oh well =]~

Great video and interesting RedBirds on the wrong track, seems to be like the NYC Subway becoming a Chinese Commuter Rail system!

haha more like the Tube in UK -_- btw thxx

@R421969- Ya the smell of garbage with rats dancing, at 149th street. No i didnt smell the Redbird, but when i saw them i felt like a little boy :( Thanks btw

PS why would a train smell?

answer to mark :well see I remember I was at west 4th Street many weeks ago and I saw this redbird garbage train with an R33 WF-flatcar-R38 combination and I was screaming naturally lol cause I saw the R33 from the front so I thought it was in service i was dreaming anyway lol I noticed it had a smell to it...sorta like an old instrument does after its rusted and oiled up after many years...kinda like...machine oil or something, but it had a scent 2 it...like an old car or something...and then a few days later i was on the R1-R9 nostalgia train and it had the same smell to it! so i wondered if all the carbon-steel trains smelled like that or the old trains all smelled like that cause the nost. train and redbirds smelled alike

Great video!

Great video and interesting RedBirds on the wrong track, seems to be like the NYC Subway becoming a Chinese Commuter Rail system!

With the directionality and the type of cars... this is very close to the London Underground. Especially of the sub-surface lines.

This video kind of gives me back memories of Hong Kong due to the directionality.

I really wonder how that train got past the signals.

BTW those arent WF R-33s.:(

they are not the same tho..

But thx

The rest thanks!

@MTR Admiralty- They can do that, when trains go on the oppsit track, there are a few signals

Same for for middle track, <5> /<6> for example they run express on M track and there are signals for both directions

they are not the same tho..

But thx

The rest thanks!

@MTR Admiralty- They can do that, when trains go on the oppsit track, there are a few signals

Same for for middle track, <5> /<6> for example they run express on M track and there are signals for both directions

Interesting. So the signals are set to allow opposite directionality?

A friend of mine infomed me last night that the very same train was seen at 239 st with an R-127. It was seen again with 1 different R-127 at 207 st yard. Really weird. Basically the train went from Unionport to 207th st. Via 239st yard and return back to unionport yard.

acuually there is already a set at 239th, ive been there.

These are for Union Port. The one i caught at 149th, with another set I saw last week, check here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7164

S7302751.jpg

Notice first car on Vid with this, can sum1 confirm, cuz i cant see it well

I dunno if these are the same, cuz my shots say 9583 and the Vid says 9*83 too *= 5 or a 3

And if these are it, then why were they on the tracks

There are redbirds as 239th, Union port, Corona, Westchester, Linvioa[i think], 207[i think], Coney Island

And possiably 36th street yd west of the BMT West End's 9th ave station

@MTR, you rnever knew trains that run express has signal for North and South service? =\

Astoria, White Plains, Jerome, Concourse, Westchester, Broadway, Flushing, Jamaica, West End, Fulton(From Grant to Lefforts), Culver lines and so.. have signal like that bro.

@MTR, you rnever knew trains that run express has signal for North and South service? =\

Astoria, White Plains, Jerome, Concourse, Westchester, Broadway, Flushing, Jamaica, West End, Fulton(From Grant to Lefforts), Culver lines and so.. have signal like that bro.

Well yeah, I know there are bidirectionals, however, never thought the Redbird would do such a thing like that.

Well yeah, I know there are bidirectionals, however, never thought the Redbird would do such a thing like that.

wat do u mean bro

@R421969- I know im like wtf? is this to impress people or sumin~~

Archived