New Announcements On The (L)

Fresh Pond

So I was going home last night on the (L), i stepped in and i heard a new announcement. It said...

"This is a Lorimer St-bound (L) train. the next stop is Bedford Av"

Then while getting into Bedford Av, I heard this announcement...

"The last stop on this Rockaway Pkwy-bound (L) train is Lorimer St. All persons must leave the train at Lorimer St and follow the instructions from the train crew for service to Rockaway Pkwy"

also the outside display said this...

LORIMER ST

SHUTTLE

usually it says...

LORIMER ST

BKLYN LOCAL

when di they make these changes?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 3.4; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

When I was on the (L) Line those Special (L) announcements were only on R143's since the R160 is shared with the (L)(J)(M)(Z) Lines. These announcements are not new but only played when the situation calls for it. There even one thats say "(L) trains are running at slower speeds".

But when I was on it the week before, it didn't say that.

So I was going home last night on the (L), i stepped in and i heard a new announcement. It said...

"This is a Lorimer St-bound (L) train. the next stop is Bedford Av"

Then while getting into Bedford Av, I heard this announcement...

"The last stop on this Rockaway Pkwy-bound (L) train is Lorimer St. All persons must leave the train at Lorimer St and follow the instructions from the train crew for service to Rockaway Pkwy"

also the outside display said this...

LORIMER ST

SHUTTLE

usually it says...

LORIMER ST

BKLYN LOCAL

when di they make these changes?

I've heard it too. The line keeps being closed late nights and weekends between Lorimer and Myrtle-Wyckoff Avenues for track work, forcing a transfer to a shuttle bus. The conductor makes the announcements manually on some trains (presumably R143s), but play a pre-recorded message on the R160s. (I've actually heard the "this is a 14th street bound L-train" followed by "the last stop on this train is Myrtle Avenue-Wyckoff Avenue..." announcement, since I was going the other way).

Archived