6 Avenue run

Tracknut

I think it may be, they dont call it "The Dash" for nothing..

I had a Slant 40 on Tuesday while working my Bravo Job and that sucker was moving so fast i thought it was flying!!

The only other runs i might think are like it is the one from 96th Streets to 72nd street on that Deuce and 3 lines.

As well as from 34th Streets to 14th Street on the same Lines.

You can "say" on Lex from 86th to 59th Streets but the posted Speed there is 35 mph going into 59th Street..

Is the run on the 6th Avenue express between West 4th and 34th Streets the fastest run between two stations? Sometimes I think it is. I've never been on a train that went as fast as the trains do on that run.

I definitely think its the fastest run in the system. That's exactly why it got that nickname. It must be a great run to operate a train in.

It must be a great run to operate a train in.

Oh YES it is!!!

I do find it better going through that Dash with a Slant 40 than a R68...

Then again i had a ModR40 once and that sucker was moving!!!

A guy got out a West 4th Street and was saying to his friend"Wow that T/O was Moving"...

Thats the "beauty" of the Dash there are no speed restrictions(that i have seen) posted..

Like my Motor Instructor in Schoolcar said..

"Tangent track(straight) all greens no miscellaneous speed restictions, nobody on those tracks working and that track belongs to YOU".:cool: :cool: :cool:

"What are we?"

"Rapid Transit"...

Thats "A Div" thinking though...

B Div is "Just Get there"...

You know what? I hardly even look at the speedometer anymore...

Six years of operating you get a "feel" for the train...

Not to mention you have quite a few R68's with Speedometers that dont work..

I had my full of that with the RedBirds in the A Div so that helped...

I take pride in my operation i move the train but im very smooth about it..

Is the run on the 6th Avenue express between West 4th and 34th Streets the fastest run between two stations? Sometimes I think it is. I've never been on a train that went as fast as the trains do on that run.

I'd say that place is 3rd fastest. Second fastest is the L between 1st Avenue and Bedford, and 1st fastest of all is N between Queensboro Plaza and Lexington Avenue

Archived