Any Of You Guys Taking Regents?

SevenEleven

Well this question is aimed towards high school and some 8th grade students. If you're taking Regents in the upcoming days, just wanted to ask which ones are you taking, and to wish all of you guys good luck! :cool:

I have Geometry (tomorrow), Chemistry on Wednesday and Global on Friday.

I took it back when I was in high school (1999-2003). The easiest Regents is US History and Government. All you have to do to pass that is memorize terms like the Marshall Plan and Louisiana Purchase. The hardest Regents exam is physics. I barely passed it. It contains all of these abstract problems.

Even though I'm not, I took 8 of them before I left the school system over a course of 3 years, back when they had Math A & Math B and stuff. The hardest was Chemistry for me. Good luck to you, and don't stress about them, you'll definitely do fine.

My school doesn't make us take Regents exams, but to whoever is taking them, good luck.

You in a private skool or other program? :confused:

@jul, one of those 2 they giving me. but they are still a diploma doesnt matter..

You in a private skool or other program? :confused:

@jul, one of those 2 they giving me. but they are still a diploma doesnt matter..

There are two types of Diploma. A Local Diploma and a Regents Diploma. The Regents Diploma has more pull than a Local Diploma.

In order to graduate with a Local Diploma, the requirement for high school graduation are:

* Passing grade for students entering 9th grade after 2006 is 65+% on four of the five required Regents exams.

* Passing grade for students entering 9th grade in 2006 is 65+% on at least three of the five required Regents exams.

* Passing grade for students entering 9th grade in 2005 is 65+% on at least two of the five required Regents exams.

* Passing grade on five Regents exams: Math A or Integrated Algebra, English Language Arts, Global Studies, US History and Government, and lab Science (Living Environment, Earth Science, Chemistry, Physics.)

* Four years of credits in English and Social Studies.

* Three years of credits in Science (including two years of labs) and Math.

* At least one semester credit each in Music and Art.

* Required Physical Education class (or Health) every semester.

* Total of 44 credits needed.

In order to graduate with a Regents Diploma, the requirements for high school graduation are:

* All of the local diploma requirements must be met, and passing grade on all five required exams must be 65+%.

In order to graduate with an Advanced Regents Diploma, students must pass all the Regents exams required for an Advanced regents Diploma, and fulfill the following distribution and credit requirements:

* All of the Regents diploma requirements must be met, as well as three years of credits (6 credits) in foreign language.

* Passing grade of 65+% on eight required Regents exams (including a second math and science regents, a foreign language Regents, and the standard five Regents exams.)

There are two types of Diploma. A Local Diploma and a Regents Diploma. The Regents Diploma has more pull than a Local Diploma.

In order to graduate with a Local Diploma, the requirement for high school graduation are:

* Passing grade for students entering 9th grade after 2006 is 65+% on four of the five required Regents exams.

* Passing grade for students entering 9th grade in 2006 is 65+% on at least three of the five required Regents exams.

* Passing grade for students entering 9th grade in 2005 is 65+% on at least two of the five required Regents exams.

* Passing grade on five Regents exams: Math A or Integrated Algebra, English Language Arts, Global Studies, US History and Government, and lab Science (Living Environment, Earth Science, Chemistry, Physics.)

* Four years of credits in English and Social Studies.

* Three years of credits in Science (including two years of labs) and Math.

* At least one semester credit each in Music and Art.

* Required Physical Education class (or Health) every semester.

* Total of 44 credits needed.

In order to graduate with a Regents Diploma, the requirements for high school graduation are:

* All of the local diploma requirements must be met, and passing grade on all five required exams must be 65+%.

In order to graduate with an Advanced Regents Diploma, students must pass all the Regents exams required for an Advanced regents Diploma, and fulfill the following distribution and credit requirements:

* All of the Regents diploma requirements must be met, as well as three years of credits (6 credits) in foreign language.

* Passing grade of 65+% on eight required Regents exams (including a second math and science regents, a foreign language Regents, and the standard five Regents exams.)

Yeah Local i mean

btw does regents diploma open up more opportunities for College or both?

I pass all RCT in June.

I remember I took Math, Global History, Science, English.

yea there we go the RCTs! I did passed at least one Regent which was the US, made the highest for 75% , although failed the rest. but still getting a locals! Which is just a good Diploma B)! For Class of '09 =)

I took and passed:

Math

Science

Global His/Geo

US and Govt

Reading

Writing

= (6)

+(1) US History(REG) = 75%

+ The other Regents, which u need to fail for RCTs to qualify

Passed all of em in Jan 2007 (2) and the rest in 2008

@Yuki, Are u a 2008 Grad?

@7Linefan: You a Cath? Is it stricter then regular skooling?

yea there we go the RCTs! I did passed at least one Regent which was the US, made the highest for 75% , although failed the rest. but still getting a locals! Which is just a good Diploma B)! For Class of '09 =)

I took and passed:

Math

Science

Global His/Geo

US and Govt

Reading

Writing

= (6)

+(1) US History(REG) = 75%

+ The other Regents, which u need to fail for RCTs to qualify

@Yuki, Are u a 2008 Grad?

I don't remember if it was 2004 or 2005 June.

I forgot those also.

kool, i thought just now.. u went to a skool in Queens?

When I move here from Japan, school system was different.

I enter P. S. 151 Elenar Roosevelt at 4th-5th Grades. That was right next to my apartment (when I moved)

Then M.S. 104 Simon Baruch JHS from 6th-8th Grade.

Then High School for Environmental Studies. I think I move to Queens after school ended.

Archived