Does anybody recall the old Nintendo Days?

Bracamonte

pffft, I remember the good old days of the Sega Genesis and the Dreamcast.

I still have a Dreamcast. The Genesis was played until it just wouldn't play no more. Held onto the NES until IT stopped working as well.

Never had many consoles but they were well used in my house.

I still have & play NES, SNES, genesis, saturn & Sega CD. My dreamcast needs a new circuit board. My gamecube & my saturn sit in my bedroom, the rest sit in the living room. Whenever i fix my dreamcast, i'm going to move the saturn to the living room.

- A

I have NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy 1, PSX, & PS2. I play Super Mario Bros. 3 just last night. I was always a fan of the tanooki suit which made u turn to a statue if u were close to an enemy. Street Fighter 2 series also started on Snes. I play them whenever I can With my son.

The oldest system I currently own is the original gray PlayStation. I did own a NES, Sega Master System and the Sega Genesis. I currently own the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii, DS and the PSP.

Heh same. I still remember the first game that came with the Genesis...Sonic the Hedgehog.

Also who could forget classic old sports games like NBA Jam, NBA Live, NFL Quarterback Club, the old NHL series, and Triple Play Gold Edition...who needs numbers on player jerseys? B)

Hell I remember REGULAR NES too, A&B buttons the dpad and start haha...Ninja Turtles I remember there was this one level where youd fall down holes in a ship and a word bubble would go "are we having fun yet?" as you took damage haha MEMORIES man, good times.

Then for SNES there was Contra 3.

Also ORIGINAL GAME BOY which I had one of those clunkers until it broke around 2000 or so...just imagine how big it got when you stuck the GAME GENIE in it and tried to cheat B)...Dr. Mario and Tetris held down the puzzle games but of course there was the Super Mario games, TMNT Fall of the foot clan and oh man god knows what else :cool:

Anyone remebers the days when the Super Nintendo and the Nintendo 64 was popular?

Remember? I still have both of them. SNES had the best games. Super Mario World, all stars, Turtles in Time, Street Fighter II, and tons of others. Pure gold. I'll have to get a list of the games I have, just amazing.

I have my Nintendo 64. It was my first gaming system which I got when I was 6. I hardly used it though. I had 5 games for it and my favorite of them was Donkey Kong 64. I never got past the first boss though because I was afraid of it. LOL

One day I need to pull that thing out again and beat all of the games I used to have...

Dreamcast sucked. Genesis was the best. Before I had a Playstation I had a Genesis. The systems today are better in terms of graphics but the quality of the games have declined over the years. Now every game is based on a movie.

The systems today are better in terms of graphics but the quality of the games have declined over the years. Now every game is based on a movie.

I can see you haven't followed much gaming recently. Mass Effect, Uncharted, Gears of War, Bioshock, Fallout 3 are all great games from this generation and are hardly movie based.

I started off with the Atari 2600, then colecovision, commodore 64, then had a Sega master system, NES, Sega Genesis and then didnt get any upgrades until playstation came out. NBA Jam for dreamcast was the shit though, I played that game alot when ever I didnt have a girlfriend up until about 5 or 6 years ago. We used to play it all the time at my friends house. He would only play 2 games, NBA jam for dreamcast and Quake 3 for PC, now all he does is play quake 3 every day for the past 7 years straight. We havnt seen him leave his house in a long time lol

Dreamcast wasnt all that bad...Sega Saturn was. Dreamcast I played the Sonic Adventure games on as well as Resident Evil Code Veronica. I remember not being able to turn the Dreamcast of cuz we didn't have a memory card and I had gotten uber far in the game. But then my sister turned the game off to play sonic while i was in teh bathroom...i wanted to kill her!

anyway yah :) since i dont have the old systems anymore! Emulators/Roms FTW. Play all my SNES/NES/Sega Genesis games with them. I tell you when I sat down in front of those games as a child...nothing else existed. For hours on end there was no such thing as hard times, the current events and sometimes even homework. Btw...anyone beat Sonic Spinball yet >.>;;

I tell you when I sat down in front of those games as a child...nothing else existed. For hours on end there was no such thing as hard times, the current events and sometimes even homework. >.>;;

The world is a much simpler place when you are that young and dont have a serious concept of money. You could get away in those games and as long as your family paid the bills to keep the electric on and food on the table nothing else really mattered. I can't imagine what people did to get lost in something for a few hours before the entertainment of videogames.

Archived