R110A on the run

R33WF

Awsome photo and awsome catch! Thank so much for catching this!

noooo way!!!!

amazing catch!! are you serious?!!

like wow. I'd to see those vids ASAP, I can't wait to hear its propulsion!

It was towed by an Diesel train so you won't hear the propulsion.

Let's hope they're not sending them to the barge. I'd love to see them in service again.

Technically they cant reef them, federal money was also used to purchase these cars, since these were prototype cars.

why was its towed and how do u know?

Simply put it, its not an relible train and hasn't ran on its own power in years, as for the second part of your question see below....

How do you know that?

An TA worker on another forum spotted this train at jackson ave, he said that it was towed by diesels, hes a very reilble source on there. Also, it was towed by diesel a few years ago from to pikin to 239th street. I don't think the barn up there could do such a job like restore those cars to running condtition, thats what CI/207th is for.

Btw everyone 8006-8010 is at concouse, I seen it today when I was there. Its parked on the same track as those old R21/22 work cars.

Simply put it, its not an relible train and hasn't ran on its own power in years, as for the second part of your question see below....

An TA worker on another forum spotted this train at jackson ave, he said that it was towed by diesels, hes a very reilble source on there. Also, it was towed by diesel a few years ago from to pikin to 239th street. I don't think the barn up there could do such a job like restore those cars to running condtition, thats what CI/207th is for.

Btw everyone 8006-8010 is at concouse, I seen it today when I was there. Its parked on the same track as those old R21/22 work cars.

yeah i went there around 6PM and saw it layed there.

I also spotted 2 other railfanners.. 1 of them told me he spotted the 130s up at E180th last night and was towed by the diesel locos.. hes a T/A worker, and also he went into the 110as and said they are "f"ed up, rusted and crap. Im like wow o_0! Next few days should be heading to CI..

I think hes REDBIRD KING on this forum, nice guy, with some other teen R33WF here. ill be posting mine sin a few..

I also headed to 239th and I saw no 130s there like wtf? :confused:

yeah i went there around 6PM and saw it layed there.

I also spotted 2 other railfanners.. 1 of them told me he spotted the 130s up at E180th last night and was towed by the diesel locos.. hes a T/A worker, and also he went into the 110as and said they are "f"ed up, rusted and crap. Im like wow o_0! Next few days should be heading to CI..

I think hes REDBIRD KING on this forum, nice guy, with some other teen R33WF here. ill be posting mine sin a few..

I also headed to 239th and I saw no 130s there like wtf? :confused:

Yea, the trucks were rusted too. I guess thats what happens when a train just sits in one spot for many years lol. But the outside of the cars are shiny though, I wonder what the TA is gonna do with them at CI....

Btw does anyone know where 8001-8005 is at? My guess its at Jerome or E180th/unionport

Yea, the trucks were rusted too. I guess thats what happens when a train just sits in one spot for many years lol. But the outside of the cars are shiny though, I wonder what the TA is gonna do with them at CI....

Btw does anyone know where 8001-8005 is at? My guess its at Jerome or E180th/unionport

Well I did went passed E180th, i think I saw one of em in the shop. But i could be wrong, might be just a R142. Ill head up there tomo..

aw man, your the greatest for these videos man! btw, does anyone remember the prototype model R110a they used to have in the transit museum back in da day?

<6>

i dont think the R110A/B went to TM. Do you mean the R142 Mockups?

Archived